Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2009, 11:31   #856
BHPian

Vikram , Jaysmokes, thanks guys and the rest i cannot remember the name i think jassi, thanks a million everyone.

My last workout session was on wednesday, since then no gym, so will keep it till sunday and then see how it works on monday and will give the feeback.

Keep Repping!! lols
Old 17th January 2009, 12:16   #857
Senior - BHPian

Workout Chart !

Here is my workout chart received today. Age 37 , Weight 76 kg, Height 172 cms. Goal = Fat loss, weight training.

Day 1, 3 & 5

Warm Up = 5 mts any machine

Stretching ( 1 set of 15 seconds Hold):
Q' ceps, TL-Fascia, Butter Fly, Piriforims, Shoulder capsule, Trapz, King Cobra, Front Eagle, Calf, Pecs & all Major Muscle Groups

Core
Modified Iron Man (2 sets, 45 secs)
Modified T-Stand (2 sets, 15 secs)
Pel Vic Bridging (2 sets, 45 secs)

Weight Training (all items 2 sets, 20 reps, 1:1 tempo, rest 45 secs)
M/c chest press
Lat pull down
seated leg press
seated rowing
D/b shoulder press
Leg curl
Leg extension
D/b bicep curl
Tri push down
Calf raises
Toe raises

Cool down 5 mins any machine

Cardio Day 2, 4 & 6

Warm up 5 mins any machine

Stretching ( 1 set of 15 secs hold):
Q' ceps, TL-Fascia, Butter Fly, Piriforims, Shoulder capsule, Trapz, King Cobra, Front Eagle, Calf, Pecs & all Major Muscle Groups

Shoulder stability
Internal rotation (2sets 15 reps)
T-fly's (2sets 15 reps)

Proprioception
Single leg stand (closed eyes) 2 sets 15 secs

Treadmill 15 mins
Efx 15 mins
Cycling 20 mins

6 kclas/min

ABS (all items 2 sets 15 reps)
Crunches
Reverse curl
Oblique Twist

Back strengthening
Floor back extension (2sets 15 reps)

Cool down 5 mins any machine

This will remain the same for 2 months (until the next review and assessment). I am yet to get my diet chart which I will post on Monday.
Hope this post helps members to compare, cross check and suggest. cheers:
Old 20th January 2009, 14:31   #858
Senior - BHPian

Diet Chart !

No comments about the workout chart ? I assume nobody has seen it so far ! Expecting some creative comments or suggestions here.

Here is the Diet Chart, BMI = 25.7, Skin fold fat % = 19-23 (Healthy)

Sample Diet:1 cup=200 gms, 1 Glass=250 ml, 1 tsp=5 gms, 1 tbsp=15 gms

On waking: Luke warm water 2 glasses + 4-5 almonds/ 1 glass milk/tea
8.15am : 2 - 3 slices of whole wheat bread + 2 eggs omlet + Fruit
OR Idli (3-4)/ Dosa (2-3) + Sambar/Chutney (Tomato/Onion/Pudina)
OR Chapathies (2) + Vegetables + Fruit
OR Oats/ Muesli/ Cornflakes 60 grms + milk (My regular preference !)

9.00am to 10.00 am My usual workout time

11.00pm : cup of coffee/Tea + Buiscuits/ Tender coconut water/ Fruit

Lunch 1.30pm : Rotis (2-3) + 1 cup rice/ Rice (2 cups), Dal/Sambar/Non-veg 1 cup+ vegetables curry or salads (1 cup) + curd 1 cup
No papad/Picke/Sweets

4.30pm Cup of tea + 2-3 wheat buiscuits/Fruit juice

Snack 6.30pm Fruit/Chaat (bhel puri)/ grilled sandwich, vegetable juice or soup/ Few buiscuits (Marie/Digetive crackers)

Dinner 8.30pm Roties -3 / Rice 1 cup +Dal/ Fish curry 1 cup +vegetable salad 1 cup + curd raita

Bedtime A Fruit
There are general guidelines on cereals, fruits, vegetables, milk, milk products, oil, sugar, raw salads etc. that fills 1 page.

Then comes a list of things to choose and avoid while eating out.

There is also a shopping list that contain milk (skimmed) & curd, buiscuits, dry fruits, tea, seeds, bread, cereal etc. Another list of fruits and vegetables. If anyone wants to cross-check or compare I can post them.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:51   #859
BANNED

shajufx, I think your Day 1/3/5 schedule is a little too aggressive. Too many muscle groups on the same day. Unless you are splitting the groups for different days.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:54   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
shajufx, I think your Day 1/3/5 schedule is a little too aggressive. Too many muscle groups on the same day. Unless you are splitting the groups for different days.
agreed it looks more like circuit training to make things interesting
Old 20th January 2009, 15:08   #861
BHPian

It is like circuit training, but then his goal is fat loss, so it should work the fastest!
Old 20th January 2009, 15:10   #862
BHPian

That is almost exactly what I am doing too. In my case the weights that I am working with are piddly - max 60 pounds.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:17   #863
Senior - BHPian

He's going for weight loss primarily, and the weight training is to build up some muscles to firm up the body. He could work out everyday and still recover before the next workout.

Shajufx: You sure you want to consume such a heavy dinner mainly consisting carbs? I would consider rice an absolute NO in the evening or at night. Also, since you have an option between biscuits and fruits, stick to fruits. Stay away from biscuits.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:23   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Thanks for the first comment ! Infact I finish the whole routine of Day 1/3/5 in almost 50 mts flat and never feel tired. Today was my 2/4/6 day. To tell you the truth, I have no clue how this schedule is expected to be in 1 hour by any chance and its very tiring too !

Treadmill 15 mins :
Efx 15 mins :
Cycling 20 mins : These 3 items itself takes 50 mts flat. The first warming up 5 mts and the end part cooling down 5 mts totals it to 60 mts. Remaining stretching, shoulder, Abs etc. can not be completed in 30 mts. So I personally feel 1/3/5 is a clean time bound and tireless routine, where as 2/4/6 is exhausting and consuming extra 30 mts. I need to consult the Physiotherapist if its not balanced well. Please continue your suggestions !cheers:

Quote:
You sure you want to consume such a heavy dinner mainly consisting carbs? I would consider rice an absolute NO in the evening or at night. Also, since you have an option between biscuits and fruits, stick to fruits. Stay away from biscuits.
Even I give last preference to rice in the nite. I always felt thats the cause of my bad belly. Fruits on a regular diet is something new to me, I need to force myself to get used to it.

Last edited by shajufx : 20th January 2009 at 15:25.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:32   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Even I give last preference to rice in the nite. I always felt thats the cause of my bad belly. Fruits on a regular diet is something new to me, I need to force myself to get used to it.
i think I saw on discovery that its good to sleep on a protein meal - takes more time to digest and prevents waking up in the middle of the night due to sudden drops in blood glucose (which may happen after a pure carb diet)
Old 20th January 2009, 15:34   #866
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
That is almost exactly what I am doing too. In my case the weights that I am working with are piddly - max 60 pounds.
You call that piddly?
Old 20th January 2009, 15:42   #867
Senior - BHPian

Maybe 60lbs in total, i.e. 30lbs on each side during a bench press
Old 20th January 2009, 15:43   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
He's going for weight loss primarily, and the weight training is to build up some muscles to firm up the body. He could work out everyday and still recover before the next workout.
Weight training aids fat loss. For someone who is relatively new to weights, it is always a better idea to start off with circuit training, so that all the muscle groups are worked in every session. Circuit training can also have mild aerobic efects; much better for fat loss again!

If he does weights everyday, where will he find the energy for cardio, that he needs more at this point of time?
Old 20th January 2009, 15:59   #869
BANNED

Working out alternate muscle groups on alternate days is better. With cardio on alternate days.

Edit: believe me sir, my method will also work to the same benefit. All depends on how you schedule the muscle groups. And no, I'm not talking about one muscle group once a week.

Last edited by hrag : 20th January 2009 at 16:17.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:12   #870
BHPian

I don't think so! That is simply TOO much time for "recovery" and that means you hit every muscle group just ONCE a week, instead of thrice, like he is doing right now.
It might work for someone who is into very heavy training and is training to complete failure and wants to GAIN!

Most Viewed