Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 22:29   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
suggest a good fat burner..
i recently purchased this universal fat burner(import) for 1250 and results are not that impressive.
i was looking into products from whey.
pro's please help!
Try Hydroxycut.
Google for more info on the product. Highly effective.
If you are doing regular gym i can tell you a very very god product, is expensive but works great.

@Nk- Thanks for the inputs.
Agree with your reasoning.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:37   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
thanks dude, appreciate it! ^^
when doing pushups / situps should I do say 20, then pause for a while, then 20 more etc. or should i go for one long stretch?

planning on first becoming disciplined about exercise at home and then join the gym.

cheers
Not addressing your direct question but. if you are planning to do sit ups to reduce the flab around your waist, it won't help you much (and may harm your back if not done properly). 'Spot Reduction' or targeting a flabby waist by crunches and sit ups is just a myth. IMO, the only way to reduce the fat around your waist is a good balance of cardio and diet. Weight training too helps, if you are into it.

If you are doing push ups, try different variations of it. On one day, you could narrow the width of your arms and target triceps, then widen your grip to target your chest.
Old 1st April 2009, 23:43   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Whey doesn't burn fat...
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:42   #1099
Senior - BHPian

I am ordering my next dabba of ON 100% Whey from Neulife bangalore (credits to Vinay aka Red Circle !). They are delivering home for 15% less than MRP. I finished 1 kg of banana flavour and found it too sweet for my liking. Neulife executive suggested 'double rich chocolate' flavour to feel less sweetness. Any suggestions gurus ?
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:02   #1100
BHPian

^Double rich chocolate is very good. I am having it for nearly two months now. I just ordered vanilla Ice Cream 5.17 lbs box.

Can you tell me how much Neulife is charging for the 5 lbs box ?
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:03   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am ordering my next dabba of ON 100% Whey from Neulife bangalore (credits to Vinay aka Red Circle !). They are delivering home for 15% less than MRP. I finished 1 kg of banana flavour and found it too sweet for my liking. Neulife executive suggested 'double rich chocolate' flavour to feel less sweetness. Any suggestions gurus ?
That means you have already finished the current one.
Noticed any changes or improvements?
Old 2nd April 2009, 22:45   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
^Double rich chocolate is very good. I am having it for nearly two months now. I just ordered vanilla Ice Cream 5.17 lbs box.

Can you tell me how much Neulife is charging for the 5 lbs box ?
In Mumbai, Neulife charges 3407 for the 5 lbs, that is 100% whey
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:53   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
suggest a good fat burner..
i recently purchased this universal fat burner(import) for 1250 and results are not that impressive.
i was looking into products from whey.
pro's please help!
I believe Animal Cuts is effective.
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:59   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Double rich chocolate is very good. Can you tell me how much Neulife is charging for the 5 lbs box ?
I was not too sure about the taste of double rich chocolate, so presently ordering 2Lb (912Gm) which neulife quoted Rs.1899/-. I think other outlets charge Rs.2300 or around that figure. In that saving, I can drink over 5 ltrs of 100% Soya Milk (I just love the Godrej Naturalslightly chilled -strawberry flavour taste like cough syrup).

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That means you have already finished the current one. Noticed any changes or improvements?
Yes I finished my 600 grms of ayurvedic whey (mentioned many times in my previous posts) and the 2 Lb banana flavour ON 100% whey (total of 1.5 kg). Yes harry I was just 75 kg 2 months back. Now I am 77 kg. I think the addition has gone to the biceps and thighs ! But I dont think its full credit to whey alone. My daily diet includes the following ; typed in order;

1 scoop of NO-Explode before workout with half a dozen almonds
1 scoop of whey in 70 oz of thick milk within 20 mts after workout
2 eggs in any form with breakfast (2 slices of bread with peanut butter or 1 soup bowl of oats in milk)
some short eats or a glass of soy milk (only natural)
3 meal spoons of rice with dal/fish/red meat/fresh veg salad + set curd
buiscuts/bread/cup cake/fruit juice or tea or coffee
some nuts like badam, almond, cashew whatever is available
dinner with 4 chappathis/2 parattas/ veg curry + set curd
1 scoop of whey in 70 oz of thick milk before bed

I try my level best to keep the above as strict as possible. There are additional things that go into the body like a milk shake/chocolate bars/nutrition bars (horlicks)/cake/fruits etc. depending on in house or outside.

Its too early for me to notice a clean change, because I might have completed 60 workout days so far although started from mid of Jan 2009. But I can defenitely feel happy looking at me in the mirror for sure (except the bulging belly !). My target is 6 months for a fair result (cutting fat and replacing them with muscles).
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:13   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions?
Hi,
If I have a choice of flavors (happens VERY rarely), this is what I do. I ALWAYS order Vanilla. If I want chocolate, I add a scoop of cocoa powder, strawberry - a tablespoon of strawberry crush, banana - a whole ripe banana, mango (in season) - some fresh mango ... I'm sure you get the picture. Vanilla goes with EVERYTHING I can have a new flavor everyday if I want

In the summer, try this:
1 scoop of Vanilla Whey
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
chilled yoghurt (to desired consistency)
a dash of fruit juice (for added flavor; I prefer Litchi)
Blend the above for delicious apple lassi!

Cheers!
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:20   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Try Hydroxycut.
Google for more info on the product. Highly effective.
If you are doing regular gym i can tell you a very very god product, is expensive but works great.
What are the possible sides from using fat-burners?
(and what is the secret product hmmm? tell, tell!)

Quote:
Myofusion, (double) chocolate. Smoothest whey protein ever. Half an hour a two-scoops-shake-in-cow's-milk, its like I never had any. Oh, and tastes like a CafeCoffeeDay shake. Haven't felt the need to mix anything to make it better. Its been a week now. Excellent. (and decent results too.)

Quote:
That was the last time I ever ordered ON. "Ice-cream Vanilla!!!" my donkey.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:41   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Wow it sounds fantastic Vikram ! I like such experiments by all means. So, thats my next order within 15 days = VANILLA all the way !

Somewhere we have something common in our taste buds though. Litchi is my most favourite fruit & flavour. Have you tried Litchi Milk shake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it ? Its heaven !! In middle east you get Litchi fruit almost throughout the year in many forms (fresh, processed and packed, preserved etc.), but here its rare. Tropicana has Litchi juice ('Litchy Twirl' I think) which is not bad !

Last edited by shajufx : 3rd April 2009 at 16:44.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:46   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Whey doesn't burn fat...
A good quality Whey Protein DOES burns Fat.
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:01   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Pretty sure it's not the whey protein but other stuff in the powder which will do the fatburning.
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:14   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Pretty sure it's not the whey protein but other stuff in the powder which will do the fatburning.
You're right. Whey protein or any other protein for that matter does not burn fat. Ingesting protein only builds muscle, which in turn raises metabolism, which makes you leaner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks