Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 14:25   #1366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
Quite the other way around. Especially with ON.

Please bear in mind though, not all WPCs are the same. Just like good chicken and bad chicken, there are good Concentrates and Bad Concentrates. Personally, ON falls into the very very bad concentrates category.
congrats on becoming a bhpian!!

So ON is a bad WPC and not a WPI. But on the box it says WPI and so does it say the same on the site. Are these guys not regulated by FDAA or something to not lie. How are we to believe its not WPI and learn that its not good WPC, but its bad WPC
So all the cancer curing benefits, etc which come from WPC are not applicable to WPIs or bad WPCs?
Old 4th May 2009, 14:40   #1367
Senior - BHPian

I am on the 4th day with my 5 Lbs Myofusion. I defenitely find it better tasting than ON double choco. One doubt to people who are using Myo. Do you find it smelling like the previous day milk, just before it gets spoiled ? I find a single scoop with 16 Oz of water thick enough like a milk shake. So, I dont use milk to mix it in. The ON mixed in milk has similar texture of an apple shake. Myofusion-water shake has a texture of fevicol or similar glues. First 2 or 3 days I had no issues, now I close my nose and drink it. Members please throw some light. I strongly doubt if this thing is spoiled, or is it just like this as brand new ?
Old 4th May 2009, 14:45   #1368
BHPian

has anyone tried isosensation 93 by ultimate nutrition? it's hitting the grapevine quite frequently in pune gym's these days
Old 4th May 2009, 14:53   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
congrats on becoming a bhpian!!

So ON is a bad WPC and not a WPI. But on the box it says WPI and so does it say the same on the site. Are these guys not regulated by FDAA or something to not lie. How are we to believe its not WPI and learn that its not good WPC, but its bad WPC
So all the cancer curing benefits, etc which come from WPC are not applicable to WPIs or bad WPCs?

Thankyou!

I can't comment on whether WPC--> Cancer--> WPI link is probable, but I do have a faint clue that anything marked "Dietary Supplement" + "Not intended to diagnose, treat or cure blah blah" does not need FDA approval.
  • Thats why I (mostly) don't take any label on face value. Though competition is fierceand most major brands wouldn't be found wanting in the transparency department.
  • Thats why I'm not too sure about the amway brand ("Nutrilite"? "Nutrilife"?) that sells multi vitamins at 1000+ bucks for a month's supply.
Anyhoo. @vikram and others, is there a pre-workout supplement or a desi nuskha that can boost energy but does not have caffeine/stimulants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am on the 4th day with my 5 Lbs Myofusion. I defenitely find it better tasting than ON double choco. One doubt to people who are using Myo. Do you find it smelling like the previous day milk, just before it gets spoiled ? I find a single scoop with 16 Oz of water thick enough like a milk shake. So, I dont use milk to mix it in. The ON mixed in milk has similar texture of an apple shake. Myofusion-water shake has a texture of fevicol or similar glues. First 2 or 3 days I had no issues, now I close my nose and drink it. Members please throw some light. I strongly doubt if this thing is spoiled, or is it just like this as brand new ?
Not at ALL! There is no pungent aroma. In fact, if you're not salivating thinking about your next shake... Sum-Ting-Wong!!

(Try bottled water once, if you have a RO system.)

Last edited by godog : 4th May 2009 at 14:58.
Old 4th May 2009, 15:31   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no pungent aroma. In fact, if you're not salivating thinking about your next shake... Sum-Ting-Wong!!(Try bottled water once, if you have a RO system.)
Yes we have a Kent RO system, but I get this 'not so encouraging' smell as soon as I open the can itself. I didnt want to open a 5 Lbs can everytime, therefore put half the content into the empty ON can. The only 'craving for next shake' feeling was when I was using the banana flavoured ON, though it was bit sweeter for my taste. I hope and pray this can is not spoiled....thats 3650 gone into drain , good enough worry to lose my flabs in 48 hours !!
Old 4th May 2009, 15:48   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
is there a pre-workout supplement or a desi nuskha that can boost energy but does not have caffeine/stimulants?
Have a look at this:

V-12 Magnum - $69.95 : SAN Official Site, Sports Nutrition for the Serious Minded Athlete!

Try having some green tea pre-workout. That's said to benefit endurance.
Old 4th May 2009, 15:49   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalpipraiya View Post
has anyone tried isosensation 93 by ultimate nutrition? it's hitting the grapevine quite frequently in pune gym's these days
PM vikram18.

Quote:
Yes we have a Kent RO system, but I get this 'not so encouraging' smell as soon as I open the can itself. I didnt want to open a 5 Lbs can everytime, therefore put half the content into the empty ON can. The only 'craving for next shake' feeling was when I was using the banana flavoured ON, though it was bit sweeter for my taste. I hope and pray this can is not spoiled....thats 3650 gone into drain , good enough worry to lose my flabs in 48 hours !!
Not necessarily. Get a refund. You've paid actual taxes for this thing, @3650.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Have a look at this:

V-12 Magnum - $69.95 : SAN Official Site, Sports Nutrition for the Serious Minded Athlete!

Try having some green tea pre-workout. That's said to benefit endurance.
Does it hold up against competitors like N.O.Xplode/ SP250 etc?

(You like SAN better than the others?)

Last edited by godog : 4th May 2009 at 16:01. Reason: y'don want consikyootive posts, yea? :)
Old 4th May 2009, 16:13   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Myofusion-water shake has a texture of fevicol or similar glues. First 2 or 3 days I had no issues, now I close my nose and drink it. Members please throw some light. I strongly doubt if this thing is spoiled, or is it just like this as brand new ?
Do you mean texture or consistency? Myofusion contains soluble fiber as well as sunflower and flax seed oil powder. This can make the consistency texture differ from a powder containing only whey protein. Try blending it in a blender instead of a shaker.
I have not used Myofusion (only tried 1 sample pack and that was chocolate) Vanilla but I have absolutely no answer for the strong smell. Do look at the expiry/best before date on your tub. Also, was the tub sealed completely when it was delivered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalpipraiya View Post
Iso Sensation 93 by Ultimate Nutrition is a Whey Isolate powder with added colustrum and Glutamine peptides.
Here's my frank take on Whey Protein Isolate:
Unless you're into serious performance, a very low carb diet, or lactose intolerant, Isolates aren't going to be "superiorly" beneficial. Granted that they contain a lot more protein per serving and have a slightly higher BV compared to WPC, they're just too expensive to be used regularly.

Most people would be far better off buying a "good" WPC or WPC blend. If your protein requirements are more, simply take more of it

I can vouch for the quality of Ultimate Nutrition's Isolates, but I wasn't very happy with the taste of the Iso Cool I tried about a year back.

Quote:

Does it hold up against competitors like N.O.Xplode/ SP250 etc?

(You like SAN better than the others?)
Both N.O. Xplode and SP250 contain caffeine, so it wouldn't be a fair comparison. I have tried SAN Fierce and found it to be very effective, but again, that contains caffeine. I've not tried SP250 so can't honestly comment and there's too much fake Xplode to risk it (one poor guy I heard about tested positive for AAS and we later discovered he was using Xplode, which was fake) If you really want the preworkout buzz, why a non-caffeinated drink? Any specific reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
How do they make powder out of some oil??
I have no clue but here are the Ingredients for Myofusion
Ingredients
MyoFusion Athlete's Edge Complete Protein Blend (Cross-Flow, Cold Infused Whey Protein Concentrate, Cross-Flow, Cold Infused, Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Egg Albumin, Milk Protein Isolate), Pro-Compliance Lipid Complex [Cold-Processed Sunflower Oil Powder, CLA (Micro-Encapsulated Conjugated Linoleic Acid), Cold-Processed Flax Seed Oil Powder], Cocoa, Pro-Compliance Dispersion Blend [Fibersol-2 (Soluble Fiber Glucose Polymer Complex], Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, And Carrageenan], Mono- And Diglycerides, Glucose Polymers, Natural And Artificial Flavors, GaspriZyme™ [Lactase (Lactose Reduce Enzyme), Protease], Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose

Last edited by vikram18 : 4th May 2009 at 16:33.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:25   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sunflower and flax seed oil powder.

How do they make powder out of some oil??
Old 4th May 2009, 16:33   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try blending it in a blender instead of a shaker.
......but I have absolutely no answer for the strong smell. Do look at the expiry/best before date on your tub. Also, was the tub sealed completely when it was delivered?
I need to try blending it or using sealed mineral water instead of RO water. The tub was properly sealed (same kind of plastic mould outside the can and an airtight thick paper seal under the lid - as I found on ON can). Expiry date is printed as October 2010 under the line 'Produce of Canada'.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:35   #1376
Team-BHP Support

Its actually flax and sunflower seed powder. If you pound flax seeds in a mixer, you get coarse powder, however in a mechanical press you can extract flax seed oil.
I think ditto for sunflower.
Anyways flax seeds are known to make your Good cholestrol higher(like walnuts)
Flax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 4th May 2009, 17:45   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Do look at the expiry/best before date on your tub. Also, was the tub sealed completely when it was delivered?
Quote:
I need to try blending it or using sealed mineral water instead of RO water. The tub was properly sealed (same kind of plastic mould outside the can and an airtight thick paper seal under the lid - as I found on ON can). Expiry date is printed as October 2010 under the line 'Produce of Canada'.
Can you confirm that? All I have got on my two tubs is a faint plastic seal.

Both my jars have the Lot# smc 31308.

Vikram, could you check this seal issue with your distributor friend? I have not found ANY company made seal on both jars. I have alot of faith on my distributor, but its draining right now.

Quote:
Both N.O. Xplode and SP250 contain caffeine, so it wouldn't be a fair comparison. I have tried SAN Fierce and found it to be very effective, but again, that contains caffeine. I've not tried SP250 so can't honestly comment. If you really want the preworkout buzz, why a non-caffeinated drink? Any specific reason?
Notice the timing of my posts. Caffeine's wrecked my sleep cycle.
Old 4th May 2009, 18:06   #1378
BHPian

Quote:

Both my jars have the Lot# smc 31308.

Vikram, could you check this seal issue with your distributor friend? I have not found ANY company made seal on both jars. I have alot of faith on my distributor, but its draining right now.

Notice the timing of my posts. Caffeine's wrecked my sleep cycle.
Like I posted earlier, my Intrapro came with both seals mentioned by Shaju. Will have to wait till Myofusion is in stock here and will surely let you know.

If you still want a pre workout drink then I guess V12 Magnum is your bet bet. Can't recall any other pre workout product sans caffeine offhand
Old 4th May 2009, 19:15   #1379
BHPian

Can anyone explain to me why exactly protein supplements/whey protein/any other supplements are used? And are there any side-effects to using these? I read somewhere that some of these can result in hair-loss etc.?
Old 4th May 2009, 19:35   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you confirm that? All I have got on my two tubs is a faint plastic seal.
Yes what I have posted about the seal is accurate. The outside thicker plastic cover with the name, contents etc has a full wrapping from the bottom of the tub to the top lid. Its not a silly cover, but moulded in the packing machine with bit heat applied, so it takes the shape of the tub. While opening, you need to cut the top edge and it peals off upto the bottom area of the lid. Thats the top outer cover. Now you open the lid, there is a very thick, high quality paper layer which is sealed air-tight. I tried pulling it off with my finger nails, but failed. So, used the knife to cut it round and remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
I read somewhere that some of these can result in hair-loss etc.?
Yes it can result in hair-loss, mental strain, economical crisis etc. unless you dont look at the price printed on it.

Most Viewed