Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 17:05   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Myofusion goes for about 3250 in Bangalore, thats what couple of guys who bought it have paid in the past.
Least quote i got today for myofusion is 3200 in delhi.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:05   #1487
BHPian

63 scoops is 5 Pounds.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:18   #1488
BHPian

Yeah obviously, I should have mentioned that. 2lbs packs come around 30 scoops
Old 14th May 2009, 18:37   #1489
BHPian

yeh kya ho raha hai? does the scoop size change in 2lbs and 5lbs?
my maths is weak, but even I can tell there is some gadbad jhaalaa.
2lbs-30 scoops
5lbs-63? scoops?

and the site Vikram posted says there is a Gaspari Weight Gainer coming soon! This is news.
Old 14th May 2009, 20:42   #1490
BHPian

About 30 scoops, different companies have different amounts but from all the tubs ive bought, the 2lbs tub usually comes in 25-30 scoops

btw different flavours from ON have different scoops

5lbs vanilla-80 scoops
5lbs mocca-71
5lbs double choco-77?
I can only remember those 3 at the moment
Old 14th May 2009, 21:43   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
yeh kya ho raha hai? does the scoop size change in 2lbs and 5lbs?
my maths is weak, but even I can tell there is some gadbad jhaalaa.
2lbs-30 scoops
5lbs-63? scoops?

and the site Vikram posted says there is a Gaspari Weight Gainer coming soon! This is news.
tubs are sold by weight and not volume - clearly stated on the ON box. Different flavors and different brands have different volume for the same content weight - depending on density and texture of powder, flavoring, etc. Hence you may get different number of scoops from each box
edit - example of 2kgs each of rice, wheat, bajra, wheatflour, etc. Would they all occupy the same space/volume and would you get the same number of scoops of each ?? answer is not.

Last edited by jassi : 14th May 2009 at 21:47.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:30   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Anybody interested in Nitrix caps from BSN?

My friend has an unopened bottle and has injured himself dont see him hitting the gym for a while now.

BSN Online - Products - Nitrix
Old 15th May 2009, 12:40   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
What? Didn't understand.
It is mentioned in the news section of body perfect site that Myofusion would be launched soon.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:05   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
It is mentioned in the news section of body perfect site that Myofusion would be launched soon.
so that means we cannot order myofusion from them as of now ? lets hope they launch it soon! I quite liked the nutrient content of myofusion and i think it replaces the need for a multivitamin, right?
Old 15th May 2009, 13:19   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
so that means we cannot order myofusion from them as of now ? lets hope they launch it soon! I quite liked the nutrient content of myofusion and i think it replaces the need for a multivitamin, right?
I've sent them a mail asking about Myofusion's availability, hope to hear from them soon. Yes Myofusion does have some vitamins and calcium but I don't think it could replace your multivitamin tab.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:17   #1496
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good aerobics class somewhere around Malleswaram/Majestic area (Bangalore)?

My wife and I used to go to Figurine fitness in Chinnaswamy stadium some time back but now we hear that they are shifting somewhere else and the new place is not yet ready.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:44   #1497
Team-BHP Support

Some excellent exercises for motorcycle riders

All About Balance - Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine
Old 15th May 2009, 17:23   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
an often overlooked part of weight training is ligament and tendon strengthening. I was looking on the interweb for some insights on how to strengthen this important parts of our body and came across this
Bodybuilding.com - David Robson - Tendon & Ligament Training For Greater Gains!
Specifically they are talking about short range squats, presses and extensions. Does anyone have a good video on how these are properly executed - the text on the link above states
"First, place a flat bench under the power rack set the bar to a position where the negative part of the movement, beginning with arms extended completely, will be about five inches. Use a weight that is sufficiently heavy (150% of ones one rep max would be best but this could be determined by the trainer) and complete six repetitions. A good rule of thumb is to lower the bar every week by one sixth of ones total arm length (a 24 inch arm divided by four equals four inches, for example). "
I am not quite sure if I am doing the right thing - any pointers or video on how a short range squat is done for ligament/tendon development would be nice
I am starting to feel the importance of ligament/tendon development (also useful for anyone into sport or martial arts). Any pointers on my query posted earlier?? Or are we just a supplements thread
Old 15th May 2009, 20:09   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
I am starting to feel the importance of ligament/tendon development (also useful for anyone into sport or martial arts). Any pointers on my query posted earlier?? Or are we just a supplements thread

I was thinking about this yesterday @ the gym. Coincidentally, I landed up with pretty much the same technique for triceps pushdown. Basically, all its asking you is to cheat the rep. I too was going over the 1RM consistently, because I was cheating. Kids were harrassing me, calling me "Arnold 1975, Arnold 1975" dunno why.
However, to me this seemed like a sure-fire way of snapping tendons, not building them. Google Dorian Yates' pec-tear story and maybe that'll scare you more. A much better way to strengthen joints/ligaments/tendons, to my untrained eye, would be to use the stability ball, non-impact exercises (swimming), and 15 rep-range sets (or just a few more reps, as compared to your routine, with less weight or less number of sets, whichever your ego allows and therefore suits you best).
Old 15th May 2009, 23:26   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
I was thinking about this yesterday @ the gym. Coincidentally, I landed up with pretty much the same technique for triceps pushdown. Basically, all its asking you is to cheat the rep. I too was going over the 1RM consistently, because I was cheating. Kids were harrassing me, calling me "Arnold 1975, Arnold 1975" dunno why.
However, to me this seemed like a sure-fire way of snapping tendons, not building them. Google Dorian Yates' pec-tear story and maybe that'll scare you more. A much better way to strengthen joints/ligaments/tendons, to my untrained eye, would be to use the stability ball, non-impact exercises (swimming), and 15 rep-range sets (or just a few more reps, as compared to your routine, with less weight or less number of sets, whichever your ego allows and therefore suits you best).
well here is another article on partial rep training
Bodybuilding.com - Nick Nilsson - Partial Rep Training For Full-Powered Results!
Apart from being useful in developing connective tissue like ligaments and tendons, it can also be used for strengthening various weak parts of your overall squat or press.
It is however not recommended in place of full range squats or presses, but just as something which can be used to compliment and help in ones overall development.
A good example is when doing a squat the weakest position for one is when we are closest to the floor - the max weight we can lift in this this weakest position decides what weight we take then in our full squat. So although in the remaining squat movement you can take much more weight, its this weak link which holds you back (fear of not being able to get up from a$$ to grass position). Now imagine just training this weakest position in a partial rep and making it stronger and you would slowly start lifting more overall weight in your full squats too .
Apply this principle to any other exercise like bench presses and you can achieve similar results and improvements.
So partial reps in the top or bottom range of any movement are not only useful for connective tissue but also for increasing your poundages in full range movements.
A lot of us already do partials when supersetting biceps (set of 21s - 7 up, 7 down, 7 full).
Makes sense to add the technique of doing partials to atleast some of the workouts - it can only be beneficial. Ofcourse don't go ballistic and tear your pecs

Last edited by jassi : 15th May 2009 at 23:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks