Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 22:46   #1516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
There is a method to this madness. They split up the required doses of their vitamins for better absorption purpose. A 'mega dose' will simply be pissed out. Hence they take staggered doses.

Necessary dosage again is debatable. Wont get into that now.

"Revital" should be available at any chemist, its an ok formula.
Revital too is a once a day thing as per their website. from the contents though, Ultivit seems a better choice, although I am not entirely sure if its readily available in india at a good price.
What one could do is cut the multivitamin into half and split the dosage across the day (after meals)

Last edited by jassi : 18th May 2009 at 22:56.
Old 19th May 2009, 01:57   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Iso sensation 93 is listed for 3300 here.how come??

Weight Loss Products and Bodybuilding Supplements-WHEY Protein In India

Last edited by navpreet318 : 19th May 2009 at 02:01.
Old 19th May 2009, 08:48   #1518
BHPian

@harry10: how much for a 5 pound ON 100% whey at alfa?

How much would animalpak cost me? I guess it would be brought in by Neulife right?

You guys sound as if you don't take any multivitamin yourself? Do you?
Old 19th May 2009, 14:25   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Iso sensation 93 is listed for 3300 here.how come??

Weight Loss Products and Bodybuilding Supplements-WHEY Protein In India
Ya its 3300 given there.
However i had never heard about this site, anyone who knows how credible this is?

Edit- After checking the site i don't have much confidence in it. No information about shipping or return policy as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalpipraiya View Post
@harry10: how much for a 5 pound ON 100% whey at alfa?

How much would animalpak cost me? I guess it would be brought in by Neulife right?

You guys sound as if you don't take any multivitamin yourself? Do you?
No idea mate. I asked a friend to bring it from there.
Animalpak is around 2000 here in delhi itself.

I had taken Multivitamin of Ultimate Nutrition earlier. Didn't feel it helped much and the 80 capsules costed me 1200 bucks after discount.
Now i just take 2 becasule capsules a day and doing fine.

Last edited by harry10 : 19th May 2009 at 14:32.
Old 19th May 2009, 19:45   #1520
BHPian

Animal pak is expensive. I think shaju was popping 11 packs at a time, or something like that.

I take good old revital, I eat lots of veggies so I get my vitamins from there too.

Neulife outlets won't sell animal pak.
Old 19th May 2009, 21:17   #1521
BHPian

here is a good article on selecting the right multivitamin. It very clearly talks about what vitamin should be in what form to be best absorbed by the body - if a multivitamin does not meet atleast 80% of the recommendations in this article, its a waste !!
Lexington Natural Health Center - Choosing a Multivitamin

I checked ultivit (by santegra) meets almost all of these requirements. However the revital site does not mention which vitamin is available in what form in their capsule (doesnt even mention if vitamins are natural or synthetic!!). I am starting to suspect ranbaxy revital (although I just bought a bottle today)

Any clues where ultivit is available in bangy?
Old 20th May 2009, 00:07   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Huzzah!
Only 2-3 days left before I start leaning. Should be fun. 5am jogs, 7pm workouts. I'll be documenting everything here if I can.
Old 20th May 2009, 00:34   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Huzzah!
Only 2-3 days left before I start leaning. Should be fun. 5am jogs, 7pm workouts. I'll be documenting everything here if I can.
you were bulking earlier and now leaning, why ?? are you competing
Old 20th May 2009, 01:04   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
you were bulking earlier and now leaning, why ?? are you competing
No, just to increase muscle mass at first. Now there's a bit of unneeded fat which needs to go. I'm not aiming to get into single-digit fat % figures, I just don't want to look very huge or bulky. Certain family members of my gf think I'm a "goonda" and am going to do unmentionable things to her based on my size and look.
Old 20th May 2009, 01:24   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
No, just to increase muscle mass at first. Now there's a bit of unneeded fat which needs to go. I'm not aiming to get into single-digit fat % figures, I just don't want to look very huge or bulky. Certain family members of my gf think I'm a "goonda" and am going to do unmentionable things to her based on my size and look.
oh the non - goonda lean look keep us posted on how it goes
As far as fat percentage goes, I used to be in at 14%, but recently dropped to 6.6%. It now stays between 6.3% and 7.2% !! The fat %age dropped to this after around 2 weeks of starting whey and caesin supplements (total of 45gms protein per day). Ofcourse I have been working out a lot with weights and some martial arts and rare cardio.
My weight has stayed constant at 72kgs and muscle mass has gone up to 45%, 66% water and bone density at 5.2. Now the scale may be off for some of the figures, but compared to my earlier readings, things are defintely going in the right direction (fat reducing, and muscle, water, bone, increasing)

Last edited by jassi : 20th May 2009 at 01:35.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:01   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
oh the non - goonda lean look keep us posted on how it goes
As far as fat percentage goes, I used to be in at 14%, but recently dropped to 6.6%. It now stays between 6.3% and 7.2% !! The fat %age dropped to this after around 2 weeks of starting whey and caesin supplements (total of 45gms protein per day). Ofcourse I have been working out a lot with weights and some martial arts and rare cardio.
My weight has stayed constant at 72kgs and muscle mass has gone up to 45%, 66% water and bone density at 5.2. Now the scale may be off for some of the figures, but compared to my earlier readings, things are defintely going in the right direction (fat reducing, and muscle, water, bone, increasing)
How have you been measuring the body fat %? Are you using the calipers or the electronic one's?
Old 20th May 2009, 13:47   #1527
BHPian

Son of a...6.6% BF, surely it isn't healthy to be at that number all year round

Please tell me your ripped and not just thin

On the measuring part, I've only tried with measuring tapes.

Why doesn't the family think about how you can save your gf if some incident were to happen, these people na...always thinking negative
Old 20th May 2009, 14:10   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
How have you been measuring the body fat %? Are you using the calipers or the electronic one's?
Personally i feel electronic one's give more accurate %.
Old 20th May 2009, 14:34   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I have heard calipers are more accurate than the electronic ones because the accuracy of the electronic machines depends on what time of the day one is measuring which is not the same withthe calipers.
Old 20th May 2009, 15:11   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Bioelectrical impedance analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I am using a machine which is based on BIA. I have this at home, picked it on one of my US trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Son of a...6.6% BF, surely it isn't healthy to be at that number all year round

Please tell me your ripped and not just thin

On the measuring part, I've only tried with measuring tapes.
I am not thin by any means, I used to be when I was 50 kilos. Now I am 72-74 kilos at 5'10" And no I am not double boned or gifted with genetically heavy skeltal structure

How do you measure fat with tapes - oh ok got it, using this formula (weight in pounds, waist in inches at navel)
for women, and for men.

Found it on wikipedia at Body fat percentage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As per this formula, I am at 8.1% body fat (weight 73kilos i.e 160 pounds, waist 30inches)

Quote:
Why doesn't the family think about how you can save your gf if some incident were to happen, these people na...always thinking negative
I think they are more worried about the bodybuilder goonda being that heavy incident which happens. I agree though, positive thinking is important

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Quote:
I have heard calipers are more accurate than the electronic ones because the accuracy of the electronic machines depends on what time of the day one is measuring which is not the same withthe calipers.
We need to be clear on accuracy vs precision and repeatability. The caliper method can be very accurate, if done appropriately. However the BIA method is very repeatable and precise. So if I measure myself every evening, it shows the same fat %age and other values. Lets say its inaccurate and off by 2 - so I am 9% body fat instead of 7%, however if my body fat dropped by 9 points - I know thats good (whether it dropped from 18% to 9% or 16% to 7% is irrelevant for me). My body fat used to hover between 13-14% and now it hovers between 6.6 to 7.2%. So i am farely clear that it has dropped.
In terms of maintaining fat %age, I would like to keep it at 9% as per the BIA machine I have at home. So i am off to eat well now to get to 9 from 7% and boy do I enjoy food

Edit - I used the same machine to measure my roomie and a fat neighbour. The neighbour doesnt work out and has always been at 35%, while my roomie just recently started working out and dropped from 24 to 19%. So I am sure the machine is working fine!

Last edited by jassi : 20th May 2009 at 15:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks