Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 17:34   #1696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
As evening snack I take corn flakes in double toned milk with "Shakker" or Milk Rooafza. I like my tea coffee sweet and love roo-afza taste.
Switch to Muesli (check the label for sugar, honey and salt free) with curd(made from skim milk) instead. Much lower GI than corn flakes and you'll have adequate energy for your workout. For sweetness, you can add an artificial sweetner containing sucralose or stevia. You get these in powdered form, so you can use like sugar, but zero/low calorie. You can use tablets for tea/coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Eating out is twice a weak and try to stick to roasted chicken or chicken curry instead of butter chicken. Sometimes I do indulge and have a whopping sinful meal but do extra cardio that day.
Not such a big difference, if the gravy of the chicken curry is rich

OT: Godog, I'm back. Now can I live? Pretty please with Intrapro on top

Last edited by vikram18 : 17th July 2009 at 17:36.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:25   #1697
BHPian

I have lost about 11 kilos recently and here is what i did. I am a vegetarian so I will give you my veg diet.

Breakfast: 2 wheat bread sandwiches with chutney and veggies, very little ketchup, some kind of fruit and fruit juice OPTION 2 - Sprouted legumes with chopped onions and tomatoes with assorted masala and such. tastes very good and filling.

Mid morning snack: One handful of almonds

Lunch: 2 small rotis with low oil vegetable, some moong or chana daal with bulgar (cracked wheat, its a substitute for rice). One small cup of yogurt and raw veggies or salad.

Evening snack: A handful of roasted channa and some kind of juice or tea or coffee with equal or sugarfree.

Dinner: Same as lunch

A good thing to eat for lunch or dinner is some Dhansak (parsi thing) with 2-3 slices of wheat bread, its high in protein, very tasty and keeps you full.

Its imperative you eat something yummy or fattening once a week to stop you from binging and going off your diet. I have learned that the best way to lose weight is combine weightlifting with jogging and this diet. I lost 4 kgs the first week !!!!

Last edited by spawnofsatan : 17th July 2009 at 18:28.
Old 17th July 2009, 20:41   #1698
BHPian

you guys are just great, let me see how i lose weight. the weight reduction from 108kgs to 96kgs was very fast, but from 96kgs on (my current weight) its getting very hard. am also trying the right mix of diet with cardio exercise, so lets see how it goes
Old 17th July 2009, 21:11   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
My pet peeves. I even hate the people who do not have a shower after a strenuous work out. I mean, come on!
you are just used to luxury. People who line up for drinking water, will not want to take shower two times a day. No, I am not talking about remote villages in rajasthan, I am talking chennai and mumbai.

And they do sweat out more than your workout at gym. I myself have lived in conditions where we did not have water to shower after a long work day in sun, or after a 2 hour long game of football. We still liked to work out/play to stay fit.

while you like to stay clean and smell fresh, you don't have to be finicky about others' behavior . People like you had a tough time while in hostel, not only from the conditions in hostel, but also from their room mates (now where is the nostalgic smiley).

disclaimer: I live in the USA now, which has totally different standards, but that does not change my opinion in any way.
Old 18th July 2009, 00:13   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Need some advice. What are the pros and cons of running on an inclined surface on a treadmill vis-a-vis a flat one.

My trainer (whom I do not trust too much) prefers inclined while I have heard that its bad for the back/ knees.

I do a 20 min stint on the treadmill four days a week and do crunches and sides on alternate days. Going to the gym for the past one and a half months, only to lose a couple of inches that I have gained. Please advice.
On the contrary, jogging on an incline will be safer for your knees than flat or decline. Decline jogging is dangerous on your body.

Also, since everyone is throwing around numbers, I started at 127kg, lost 50 kg and went to 77kg, and now at a muscular but little fatty 90kg, looking to reduce to 83-85kg
Old 18th July 2009, 12:45   #1701
Team-BHP Support

I was told by my ortho that I should not treadmill on the incline but only on flat surface.
I used to jog on incline, but then my knee started hurting.
So he told me run on grass if possible, if not possible then make sure treadmill is absolutely flat, no incline
From personal experience whenever I jog on incline I do feel discomfort in my back.

Regarding sugar intake, I guess unless I have a problem I don't really need to cut down on sugar very much? I have gotten done random blood sugar tests at times, and they have come well within the range.
I try to stay away from artificial sweetners, however I do try to subsitute white sugar with shakker wherever possible.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 18th July 2009 at 12:47.
Old 18th July 2009, 13:16   #1702
BHPian

Hey guys,

I guess its time i posted in the thread. I started my weight loss program in the last week of last month. 25th June to be exact. About that time i weighed 100+Kgs(The weighing machine was limited to 100). I am 5'10"(Almost) and a large built guy. I have heavy legs and not chicken legs.

Bought a treadmill on 26th and started my cardio. Today i weighed myself again and i am 93Kgs. This is after i have performed my morning duties. My weigh in is on Tuesaday's. Trying to hit the 92 Mark. Target for the month end is under 90.

My routine:
Fasted Intense Cardio in the morning for 30 mintues covering anywhere between 3.5-5Kms on the treadmill. I am assuming i burn around 250-350 Calories on different days. Mix of Walking and running. This is for almost 5 Days a week.

About 30-60 Minutes of brisk Walking in the evening. 200 Calories burnt on a good day. 150 on a average day. This is again 5 Days a week.

Intense Badmintion sessions for 2 Hours twice a week. Calories burnt around 300-400 per session.

Apart from this i try to walk anywhere where the distance is less then 1Km for any small work.

My Diet:

Mornings:
2 Egg whites
1 Egg whole
2 Pcs of whole wheat bread
1 Glass of Doubble toned milk with 1 spoon sugar

Afternoon
1 Bowl of salad(Cucamber+Onions)
1-2 Chapati
1 bowl of low oil veg dish(No Potatoes)
1 bowl of raita

Dinner
1 Bowl of Sprouts
or
1 Bowl of chicken brest salad(Without dressing)
or
1 Chapati + 1 Bowl of low oil veg dish/1 Bowl of light daal

My Body needs about 2400 Calories per day. I try to take about 1500 calories per day + I burn around 500 Calories(Avg) perday so my total calorie defict is around 1500 which is on a higher side. But i do binge eat and have a intoxcicating session on the weekends as it keeps my body not going into the starvation mode and keep my blood sugar levels high. As soon as i hit 90 i am planning start with weights and by the time i am 85 i am planning to up my caloire intake to 2000.
Old 18th July 2009, 14:38   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
My routine:
Fasted Intense Cardio in the morning for 30 mintues covering anywhere between 3.5-5Kms on the treadmill. I am assuming i burn around 250-350 Calories on different days. Mix of Walking and running. This is for almost 5 Days a week.

About 30-60 Minutes of brisk Walking in the evening. 200 Calories burnt on a good day. 150 on a average day. This is again 5 Days a week.

Intense Badmintion sessions for 2 Hours twice a week. Calories burnt around 300-400 per session.
Not to discourage you or anything, but the calorie count is fairly optimistic. Do not rely on those to calculate your weightloss plans or you'll be in for a surprise when your calorie deficit decreases in the future. 60 minutes of brisk walking will not burn more than 130-140 calories.

Your treadmill session sounds accurate though, but somewhere around the lower range (i.e. around 250-280 calories). Make sure to drink lots of water in the morning especially. Also, start with barbell squats. There's no need to wait before starting weights, the muscle built using those weights will burn more calories at rest, helping you reduce your weight faster.
Old 18th July 2009, 15:05   #1704
BHPian

Thanks for sharing guys. I am also on a weight reduction plan since . I am just doing some pranayama and sticking to chapati and fruits for diet. Have reduced 5 KG in 20 days.

Now time to try some of your methods. Planning to start with some weights.

Last edited by srikant : 18th July 2009 at 15:08.
Old 19th July 2009, 12:43   #1705
BHPian

Picked up Myofusion, 2800rs for 5lbs

I'll post if it tastes good soon, choco flavour.

Neulife has an offer on Bsn Dessert, buy 1 get 1 free. Best tasting protein.

As for workout, hit legs yesterday, cant walk properly today hah, I can feel the burn its awesome.
Old 19th July 2009, 12:56   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Gagan, where did you buy it from? Also, from where can I avail of the Neulife offer?
Old 19th July 2009, 14:25   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
On the contrary, jogging on an incline will be safer for your knees than flat or decline. Decline jogging is dangerous on your body.

Also, since everyone is throwing around numbers, I started at 127kg, lost 50 kg and went to 77kg, and now at a muscular but little fatty 90kg, looking to reduce to 83-85kg
Wow this is great, you came down form 127kgs to 77 kgs... how the hell did u manage. i got down my weight from 108 to 96 Kg, but strugling to bring it down now. do not know why

Which is better slow Jogging of walking ?

One more question. how much does a Treadmill cost in chennai, any idea ?

Last edited by jp2u : 19th July 2009 at 14:27.
Old 19th July 2009, 16:00   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Picked up Myofusion, 2800rs for 5lbs

I'll post if it tastes good soon, choco flavour.

Neulife has an offer on Bsn Dessert, buy 1 get 1 free. Best tasting protein.

As for workout, hit legs yesterday, cant walk properly today hah, I can feel the burn its awesome.
Bro, where did you got MyoFusion? Is it available in the drug stores in India?

Please provide the details.
Old 19th July 2009, 16:13   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Wow this is great, you came down form 127kgs to 77 kgs... how the hell did u manage. i got down my weight from 108 to 96 Kg, but strugling to bring it down now. do not know why

Which is better slow Jogging of walking ?

One more question. how much does a Treadmill cost in chennai, any idea ?
Took me a year and 5-7 months of running (on the road, no treadmills), heavy weights and healthy eating. Since another member pm'd me about the same, I'll put down my diet and stuff here in a day or two...
Old 19th July 2009, 17:21   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Can someone suggest me a good non veg diet ?
I have been going to the gym for about a year now. I am 6'4" and 102kgs at present. I was close to 130 before.
I work out for 2 hours a day. 1 hr 15 mins cardio and 1 hour weights (1 body part a day 6variations 3 sets 12 reps each set)
The main problem with me is i do not follow a proper diet. I want to get to about 95kgs.
I take 90g of protein supplement a day.
30g half an hour before workout.
30g after cardio for half an hour (gap between both is an hour)
30g after weights (gap is again 1 hour)
thanks
Edit i started protein supplement only 2 weeks back
Which is a good brand of whey protein. I am using british nutrients as of now. costs 2350 for 2kg. Even though it is chocolate flavour it tastes pretty bad :( is there any better tasting protein ?

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 19th July 2009 at 17:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks