Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 12:32   #1771
Team-BHP Support

Cliffhanger, I understand your point of view. I have been working out for 25 years, but never taken a supplement. However, that doesn't make either you or I experts on the subject. We can't really talk about supplements with authority unless we have experienced first hand about the positives and negatives.

BTW, everybody please keep the discussion to a civil tone. You can discuss and disagree with passion and emotion, but not without respect toward each others.

Last edited by Samurai : 26th July 2009 at 13:19.
Old 26th July 2009, 13:00   #1772
BHPian

Well as far as supplements go IMO simple whey protein shakes are not a problem. Vegetarians tend to not get enough protein from their diets and hence I choose to take a protein supplement, think of it as additional nutrition that I might not be getting from a vegetarian diet. IMO you can't get "used" to protein shakes because its just protein. To add to this protein shakes taste horrible, no one in their right mind would drink it if they didn't need it !!!!

Anyone here tried Isopure? I am thinking of switching to it, since I am also losing weight, so the zero carbs in there will help a lot.
Old 26th July 2009, 14:14   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
To add to this protein shakes taste horrible, no one in their right mind would drink it if they didn't need it !!!!

Anyone here tried Isopure? I am thinking of switching to it, since I am also losing weight, so the zero carbs in there will help a lot.
What protein are you having? I'm taking BSN Dessert and I absolutely love the taste. Combined with ON's Creatine, Glutamine, Taurine (CGT-10) mixture, it tastes absolutely amazing. There are some nice tasting proteins available here.
Old 26th July 2009, 16:31   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
@pranav and @ Jaguar: I have started with squats and some crunches along with pushup. As the diet goes, i am having Chapati 3 times a day and on weekends i eat something heavier like rice.

Let me see the progress and will keep this updated. But my plans are getting disrupted as i am going to Kuwait for 10 days. This traveling is what keeps me away from proper food.
Chapathi 3 times a day? I think you will get bored of it soon. Mix it up with oats and whole wheat bread.

Talking about oats, has anyone tried adding protein powder to the oats porridge? It tastes good. Add about 20gms of protein to water, stir properly throw in the oats and boil. Healthy chocolate flavoured(depends on the protein flavour) oat porridge ready. Don't add too much of protein powder because it becomes a bit lumpy and doesn't taste that good.
Old 26th July 2009, 16:42   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
^^^

Well well, I think you are immersed into supplements,I don't know what you understood from my partial statement you have quoted.Let me put it again

"Apart from the innumerable drawbacks of supplements, the major one is if your body gets adapted to supplements, you can never build it again normally,say, you have to take a long break or you are already in a long break, you would definitely lose all the weight you gained through supplements, so when you want to regain your weight again, your body would not respond unless you take supplements that you were taking already."

I think I've put it in such simple words for even a layman to understand.

Do you want to say this is not true?If yes, then GOD only can help you.

I'm working out for almost 9yrs now and have seen bodybuilders from Mr.India to Mr.TamilNadu, in fact this year's Mr.TamilNadu is my close friend, while all of these guys agreed to what I have mentioned, I'm surprised that you find it amateurish.

Have heard that Ignorance is Bliss!!Seems, it's true..
Can you back up your comments with any claims?

e.g. When I say that a continual use of selective CNS based fat burner "X" would downgrade beta-2 receptors which on a longer run would nullify the efficacy of that particular fat burner. In that event, I would say that if I use that particular supplement "X", the results would fade away if used continuously.

How could you justify that theory for other supplements like Protein Powders, Multivitamins, Antioxidants etc.
Also tell me one genuine/legitimate DRAWBACK of a natural dietary supplement.
Let's discuss

Please don't take this personally, you're not offering any help to a layman but you're merely misguiding him/her.

And also, all these Mr. India's or Tamil Nadus - Hats off to them for their sheer hard work - I respect them from the bottom of my heart but do you realize these guys take shitloads of anabolics and diuretics to get into that position?

Last edited by 1-Testosterone : 26th July 2009 at 16:44. Reason: Addition
Old 26th July 2009, 17:17   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
Chapathi 3 times a day? I think you will get bored of it soon. Mix it up with oats and whole wheat bread.

Talking about oats, has anyone tried adding protein powder to the oats porridge? It tastes good. Add about 20gms of protein to water, stir properly throw in the oats and boil. Healthy chocolate flavoured(depends on the protein flavour) oat porridge ready. Don't add too much of protein powder because it becomes a bit lumpy and doesn't taste that good.
from what i have read, it's not wise to heat whey as heat denatures the whey protein structure fairly quickly - just google around for heat and whey for more. Whey and cold water/milk go best.
Old 27th July 2009, 15:23   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
from what i have read, it's not wise to heat whey as heat denatures the whey protein structure fairly quickly - just google around for heat and whey for more. Whey and cold water/milk go best.
That was just to make the oats taste better and a little more protein rich. It wasn't meant to replace the protein shake.

Does denatured protein have any side effect?
Old 27th July 2009, 15:49   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Well as far as supplements go IMO simple whey protein shakes are not a problem. Vegetarians tend to not get enough protein from their diets and hence I choose to take a protein supplement, think of it as additional nutrition that I might not be getting from a vegetarian diet. IMO you can't get "used" to protein shakes because its just protein. To add to this protein shakes taste horrible, no one in their right mind would drink it if they didn't need it !!!!

+1.
It becomes much tougher for a veggie like me who works 15 hours in the office everyday.IMO protein shake is really useful for a veggie guy atleast.

And as you said they are horrible you really need to try Iso sensation 93 and Myofusion. you wont say that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh View Post

Not with water i tried Myofusion with Milk and oats. Great combination i must say

@Cliffhanger- I respect what you had said and i am not an expert to agree or disagree with any claims. However my personal experience says its not true atleast in my case.

@ I- test- Am still waiting for the suggestions sir ji
Old 27th July 2009, 16:35   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post

And also, all these Mr. India's or Tamil Nadus - Hats off to them for their sheer hard work - I respect them from the bottom of my heart but do you realize these guys take shitloads of anabolics and diuretics to get into that position?
I completely agree with you on this, Any experienced bodybuilder would not deny the fact that it is possible to build a good physique without the help of supplements but whats the harm in taking some of the basic yet important supps like Protein powder, multi vitamin, Creatine, glutamine? can you name one Mr.xxx who claims that he has never consumed any supplement? Probably you will find none. I would say the best approach is 75% natural whole foods with 25% of supplementation would do the trick, One cannot carry egg whites, chicken or other such natural foods evrywhere they go like office, travel etc and thats where the supps come into picture and also what are vegetarian bodybuilders supposed to eat all day long if they dont take supps?
Old 27th July 2009, 16:50   #1780
BHPian

@1-Testosterone

Let me put my claim with facts here on.

This is what you had to mention

"Can you back up your comments with any claims?

e.g. When I say that a continual use of selective CNS based fat burner "X" would downgrade beta-2 receptors which on a longer run would nullify the efficacy of that particular fat burner. In that event, I would say that if I use that particular supplement "X", the results would fade away if used continuously."

W.r.t the example you have made, I would suggest you to visit this link.

Clenbuterol: The Non-Steroidal Muscle-Builder and Fat Burner! - [Blog]

This is what they have to mention,

"Clenbuterol belongs to a class of drugs known as sympathomimetics. These drugs affect the sympathetic nervous system in numerous ways. It’s specifically a selective beta-2 sympathomimetic, stimulating the beta-2 receptors, which creates a thermogenic effect, directly stimulating fat cells and accelerating the breakdown of triglycerides to free fatty acids."

"Clenbuterol is a drug where you have to gradually assess your own individual tolerance level. It’s advisable to start with 20mcgs upon rising. If the side effects (possible anxiety, shaking and sweating) are not too pronounced, then the same dose can then be repeated later in the day. Dosing is then increased by approximately 20mcg (per day) every 2-3 week. Men generally end up in the range of 40-160 mcg per day. Women usually find 40-120 mcg per day to be effective. Make sure to never take more than 20mcg per dose.
As previously suggested, clenbuterol does have a fair amount of side effects, most of which will be familiar to anyone who has used CNS stimulants. Along with a slight increase in body temperature (due to increased thermogenesis) users may also experience shaky hands, insomnia, sweating, increased blood pressure and nausea. These side effects usually become less noticeable once the user becomes accustomed to the drug. They are also dose dependant which is why it’s always advised to begin with a low dose in order to gauge your tolerance level."

First of all I would like to know whether you are aware of this?

I will wait for your reply to make any further comments on the later part of your query.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 27th July 2009 at 17:00.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:49   #1781
BHPian

Cliff, this isn't my answer. I can forward thousands of links right now against your cause but that woudn't be called a discussion. I've got my teeth into this for many years now.

Let's talk about drawback about "numerous" supplements as you mentioned previously.

In all seriousness, I would not discuss this matter with you unless you come up with legitimate answers to your own statement(s).

I also advise you to post this comment in Bodybuilding.com Forums under Supplements Section to find out where you stand before making this kind of statement.

The fact is, natural dietary supplements save a million lives every year and improve the quality of life. It is impossible for a working professional to get perfect/balanced meals everyday.
Old 27th July 2009, 18:52   #1782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The fact is, natural dietary supplements save a million lives every year and improve the quality of life. It is impossible for a working professional to get perfect/balanced meals everyday.
Test.. you read my mind here, offlate my diet has gone bad and balancing ithas become a big challenge.

Can you suggest me some good "Protein Powders, Multivitamins, Antioxidants" am not into body building right now just normal running and work out...

Thanks
Old 27th July 2009, 19:58   #1783
BHPian

Proteins (Absolute Best Ones) - Beverly's Ultimate Muscle Protein, CNP Pro Peptide
Proteins (Good Ones) - Pro M3, SAN Infusion, VPX Zero Impact
Protein (Economy) - Gaspari Myofusion, Dymatize Elite Complex
Multi-Vitamins - NOW ADAM, MHP Activite
Anti-Oxidants - NOW Super Anti-Oxidants
Old 27th July 2009, 21:23   #1784
Senior - BHPian

Test... thanks a lot!

now need to figure out where to find them
Old 27th July 2009, 22:01   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Proteins (Absolute Best Ones) - Beverly's Ultimate Muscle Protein, CNP Pro Peptide
Proteins (Good Ones) - Pro M3, SAN Infusion, VPX Zero Impact
Protein (Economy) - Gaspari Myofusion, Dymatize Elite Complex
Multi-Vitamins - NOW ADAM, MHP Activite
Anti-Oxidants - NOW Super Anti-Oxidants
Honestly haven't heard a few names among these but will check out.
Anyone knows where to find these products in NCR region?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks