Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 15:37   #1891
BHPian

How many avg Cals are there in a chicken seekh 100gms(Microwaved and not fried). I would like to use it as my dinner with a chapati wrapped around it. I tried goggling and got about 100-150 cals per 100gms but somehow i dont trust it as it says it have zero protiens.

Do we have a indianized version of Fitday or something where i can track my calories :P. I have suddenly stopped losing weight from last few weeks or so though i am on the cleanest of diets and my cardio sessions are getting more intense day by day. I am also doing some Cross training right after my cardio.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:48   #1892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Those are very very good prices.what was the name of the importer on the label.was it paradise nutrition?
I bought it from chandigarh and the printed price was 5300 for 5 lbs.
and i got it for 4600 after discounts.you're getting a great deal IMHO
Yes its a damn good deal.
I am getting it here in 4600 after discount and got one from mumbai in 4200.
Old 10th August 2009, 16:06   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Yes its a damn good deal.
I am getting it here in 4600 after discount and got one from mumbai in 4200.
Could this substantial price difference be because of different flavours? I quoted the price for Cookie n' Cream and Strawberry ones.

PS: Harry, added you to my yahoo list
Old 10th August 2009, 17:36   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
How many avg Cals are there in a chicken seekh 100gms(Microwaved and not fried). I would like to use it as my dinner with a chapati wrapped around it. I tried goggling and got about 100-150 cals per 100gms but somehow i dont trust it as it says it have zero protiens.

Do we have a indianized version of Fitday or something where i can track my calories :P. I have suddenly stopped losing weight from last few weeks or so though i am on the cleanest of diets and my cardio sessions are getting more intense day by day. I am also doing some Cross training right after my cardio.
Are you doing weight training?? or are you doing cardio in between your weight training.
I had tried something very similiar to this and lost good amount of fat%.. so i suggest please do some weight training too.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:31   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Time to change something. Break down the plateau quickly or you'll get bogged down. Change your workouts, diet or for a change, have a full-fatty meal once. Also, congratulations on hitting a plateau, these are fun to break down!
Old 10th August 2009, 18:45   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Could this substantial price difference be because of different flavours? I quoted the price for Cookie n' Cream and Strawberry ones.

PS: Harry, added you to my yahoo list
I Don't think so as when i bought all were same price.

P.S- Great
Old 11th August 2009, 08:31   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Ey, another Mark Rippetoe fan! o/ there!
That's great

I stay in touch with him on email and have all his books and his DVD. Great man.

So I guess your gym has a squat rack? Its rare to find them in modern gyms these days so we invested in one with an olympic bar bell and plates at home

Last edited by Kärlsson : 11th August 2009 at 08:33.
Old 11th August 2009, 10:08   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärlsson View Post
Good to see some one here actually doing the big lifts like the squat, deadlift, cleans and presses. It is the most efficient way to get strong. Look up coach Mark Rippetoe and his book /DVD called starting strength barbell training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Ey, another Mark Rippetoe fan! o/ there!
Aye Aye!! Super strength but not for the pretty boys.

I did a *******ized rippetoe's for 3 months in 2007. Went from squatting an empty barbell to 225 LBS in those 3 months, and Im a small dude, body weight never went above 145lbs.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:17   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Seekh kebabs are not really the best way to get proteins.
They are mainly left overs (like intestines etc) in chicken with chicken fat and sometimes soya.

Infact the reason why mutton seekh tastes much much better than chicken seekh is because of the fat used.

Tasty but not really good.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:22   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post

I did a *******ized rippetoe's for 3 months in 2007. Went from squatting an empty barbell to 225 LBS in those 3 months, and Im a small dude, body weight never went above 145lbs.
Somehow, Rippetoe's didn't click for me.

Especially the bit about eating like a pig throughout.
Infact I realized after 1 week that if I really need to progress, I WOULD require to hog - but then you do realize that you need to strip down sometimes, and carrying lard around my waist is not exactly my idea of feeling great.

Now of course you may say that you gained only 1kg of fat and rest 5-6 kg was pure lean muscle etc. But then I would say that you are blessed with high metabolism, and you could carry on with the hogging bit.

To general public - if you are unfortunate guy with low metabolism (which means you can feel the increased fat on your gut just the day after you binge) - Rippetoe's / Pendlay's / Starr's programs might do great benefit strength wise - but will screw your body fat percentage.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:40   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post

So you added 181 pounds ( assuming your empty bar is a standard 20 kilos Olympic bar) in 3 months to your squat at a body weight of 145 pounds? Something wrong with the math?

Last edited by Kärlsson : 11th August 2009 at 11:53.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:47   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Somehow, Rippetoe's didn't click for me.

Especially the bit about eating like a pig throughout.
Infact I realized after 1 week that if I really need to progress, I WOULD require to hog - but then you do realize that you need to strip down sometimes, and carrying lard around my waist is not exactly my idea of feeling great.

Now of course you may say that you gained only 1kg of fat and rest 5-6 kg was pure lean muscle etc. But then I would say that you are blessed with high metabolism, and you could carry on with the hogging bit.

To general public - if you are unfortunate guy with low metabolism (which means you can feel the increased fat on your gut just the day after you binge) - Rippetoe's / Pendlay's / Starr's programs might do great benefit strength wise - but will screw your body fat percentage.
One week is probably too early to conclude that it does not work. Rippetoe only recommends the GOMAD ( gallon of milk a day diet) to those who need to gain weight. If you are already big you do not need to eat like a horse. Thats why I recommend Lyle Mcdonald on nutrition and the big lifts with Rip's program. But I think Starting Strength is the most efficient way for a novice ( most people are ) to get strong and then one can always change it up depending on the goals.

Last edited by Kärlsson : 11th August 2009 at 11:50.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:31   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Thanks for the info.
I am using - D4 thermal shock from cellucor.
Its ingredients are -

Ingredient Info:
Embelic Myrobalan
Caffeine 290mg
white willow bark
sclarex-clary sage
octopamine hcl
yohimbex-yohimbe 8%alkaloids
evodiamine hcl
vinerol-vinpocetine
acetyl L-tyrosine
Passion Flower Extract
(1093 mg total

Is the ingredient list fine?
^^^^^^ Guys any reply to this?
Old 11th August 2009, 22:12   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärlsson View Post
So you added 181 pounds ( assuming your empty bar is a standard 20 kilos Olympic bar) in 3 months to your squat at a body weight of 145 pounds? Something wrong with the math?
For someone who could not even free squat it was fair progress...might not seem big by general lifting standards.

Oh and I didnt start of at 145 bw. Start about 54kgs.

That said im a lazy fool.. workout 3 months max and then im out for 6-7 months :(
Old 12th August 2009, 07:43   #1905
BHPian

Harry10, it's an average one.
The problem with Proprietary Blends is you don't get to know the exact dosages.
Going from the dosages, it seems like this is a mere Caffeine and Acetyl Salicyclic Acid kick.
It doesn't even contain the either of top 5 novel ingredients formulated for extreme energy and fat loss. If you've bought this for >1500, you've been scammed deliberately by the seller.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks