Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 11:32   #1906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
For someone who could not even free squat it was fair progress...might not seem big by general lifting standards.

Oh and I didnt start of at 145 bw. Start about 54kgs.

That said im a lazy fool.. workout 3 months max and then im out for 6-7 months :(
Dude, the figures you posted might create a world record.

Are you talking about arse to grass squat or those top quarter ones that most guys end up doing at gym, in order to increase the squatted weight.

Going from 0 kg squat to 90 kg squat (especially) in just 3 months with body weight at 65kg is simply astounding.

Last edited by alpha1 : 12th August 2009 at 11:34.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:37   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärlsson View Post
One week is probably too early to conclude that it does not work. Rippetoe only recommends the GOMAD ( gallon of milk a day diet) to those who need to gain weight. If you are already big you do not need to eat like a horse. Thats why I recommend Lyle Mcdonald on nutrition and the big lifts with Rip's program. But I think Starting Strength is the most efficient way for a novice ( most people are ) to get strong and then one can always change it up depending on the goals.
I did say that I could see the increased fat on my gut in one week.
And without all that hogging I could see that I might die due to the poundages and movements (like deadlifts)

I have nothing against strength programs, but all I said was that to guys with extremely poor genetics and everythign goign against him, strenght programs will only end up increasing body fat.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:08   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Are you doing weight training?? or are you doing cardio in between your weight training.
I had tried something very similiar to this and lost good amount of fat%.. so i suggest please do some weight training too.
I am not doing weight training but doing loads of cardio and have started with floor exercises and pushups. I also play badmintion thrice a week. And yes i am losing quite a bit of weight and kepping my fingers crossed as i am hoping it all to be fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Time to change something. Break down the plateau quickly or you'll get bogged down. Change your workouts, diet or for a change, have a full-fatty meal once. Also, congratulations on hitting a plateau, these are fun to break down!
Hey thanks pranav, It was the water weight which i was carrying due to excess sodium. Had loads of water last few days and played badmintion like hell not to mention also did run like hell on my treadmill and ate clean. All the water weight came off. I am 88.x Kgs now from 100 odd Kgs from June 26 2009. Thats like almost 12 Kgs. Kepping my fingers crossed not to hit platue. Though i have already devised a plan to tackle that situation also :P. Working with your body makes you learn so many things about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Seekh kebabs are not really the best way to get proteins.
They are mainly left overs (like intestines etc) in chicken with chicken fat and sometimes soya.

Infact the reason why mutton seekh tastes much much better than chicken seekh is because of the fat used.

Tasty but not really good.
I have stopped having seekhs the day i got suspicious. Also i was only consuming chicken seekh and not mutton seekh but as advised by my dad also that they fill seekh's with all kinds of rubbish leftover i decided to ditch it.

Guys i have a real problem. My mom and my wife are very religious so they don't cook chicken. But they are okey with me cooking or eating it. But i am a horrible cook. Advise me a good quick receipe to cook chicken for myself. I know its askin too much but i can't help it. I don't mind the taste but i would like to keep it as clean as possible. Also if i were to buy pre cooked chicken what exactly should i be looking for.

Also i like to have subway sandwiches once in a while(Like twice or thrice a week, thanks to the fabulous offers). Though i go slow on the mayo and the rest of the dressings i like to have teryaki and south west on my subs. And i also like sweet onion. I guess one sub should not set me back by more then 500 cals(Max) even if i freak out on the dressings. I usually take chicken tikka, chicken brest or the plain and simple veggie delight.

Last edited by Switch : 12th August 2009 at 13:13.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:22   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Harry10, it's an average one.
The problem with Proprietary Blends is you don't get to know the exact dosages.
Going from the dosages, it seems like this is a mere Caffeine and Acetyl Salicyclic Acid kick.
It doesn't even contain the either of top 5 novel ingredients formulated for extreme energy and fat loss. If you've bought this for >1500, you've been scammed deliberately by the seller.
Thanks.
Judging from your reply seems i did got scammed

Suggest me a good fat burner.
I had used hydroxycut hardcore before this and that was highly effective.Sadly its banned now.
Suggestions awaited!

P.S- Also am curious to know what are the top 5 novel ingredients formulated for extreme energy and fat loss?
Old 13th August 2009, 22:36   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Dude, the figures you posted might create a world record.

Are you talking about arse to grass squat or those top quarter ones that most guys end up doing at gym, in order to increase the squatted weight.

Going from 0 kg squat to 90 kg squat (especially) in just 3 months with body weight at 65kg is simply astounding.
Arrey what are you saying? No world record and all I see some kids making the same progress going to 260-270 with good form. Of course majority of the guys dont... and Im no major strongman or anything..but yeah I was proud of what I achieved during that time.

See when I started I had already been to the gym for 2-3 months bu never done compounds like deadlifts, squats etc.

So first time it was empty bar then i chucked on 2 x 10 kg plates.

It was a 5x5 routine I did do ATG during those days but the 225lbs x 5 was parallel and with a spotter. BTW ATG or Parallel it is considered a squat so yeah...
Old 14th August 2009, 07:59   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Thanks.
Judging from your reply seems i did got scammed

Suggest me a good fat burner.
I had used hydroxycut hardcore before this and that was highly effective.Sadly its banned now.
Suggestions awaited!
Nutrasport ECA Stack
MAN Scorch
Ergopharm AMP

Quote:
P.S- Also am curious to know what are the top 5 novel ingredients formulated for extreme energy and fat loss?
Geranamine, Zingerone, Chocamine, Rasberry Ketone and Caffeine (from standardized Kola Nut Extract; NOT Caffeine USP)
Old 14th August 2009, 14:31   #1912
Senior - BHPian

^^^^ IS any of this available in NCR region??
Old 14th August 2009, 14:45   #1913
BHPian

So this being a long weekend (fri, sat, sun) and most places unsafe to goto with all the swine flu brouhaha, i decided to use my mostly empty society gym to the max. Instead of the normal 'one a day' workout 3-4 days a week, the next 3 days, i will be going back to my older days and doing twice a day workouts

I started today afternoon (1pm) with a lats/back workout which included following
3 sets of dumbbell rows
3 sets of light weight bent knee deadlifts
48 reps of wide grip pullups
3 sets of heavy bent knee deadlifts (after missing this exercise for many years, max i could go today was 60 kilos, maybe i was tired from the pullups)
24 reps of close grip pullups

Now back home and gonna glug some choco whey and rest. Next workout at 8pm (most probably chest)
Tomorrow is afternoon shoulders and evening biceps,triceps, forearms
Sunday is afternoon legs (squats and lunges) and evening hamstrings, calves and lowerback.

The emphasis is on old school basic/compound movements. Any tips on exercises or the schedule of body parts is welcome!

Last edited by jassi : 14th August 2009 at 14:47.
Old 14th August 2009, 15:21   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
^^^^^^ Guys any reply to this?
and you've been using N.O. products alongside??

Quote:
^^^^ IS any of this available in NCR region??
or the NYC region, forthatmatter
Old 14th August 2009, 19:11   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
and you've been using N.O. products alongside??

or the NYC region, forthatmatter
Yes, alongside.
Surprised?
Old 16th August 2009, 00:16   #1916
BHPian

I had asked Reliance Wellness to get back
on when they will be able to procure a 5 lb. tub
of Iso Sensation 93. At that time, as you'll recall
from my above post, the price quoted to me was Rs. 3915
(it was not in stock then).

Today, they informed me that the new stock has come
but the price is Rs. 5250 (before their 10% discount) .
Apparently, the dollar rate increased and hence the
increase in prices. The low rate was for old stock of which
they just had one tub remaining, that too at their
warehouse/distributor. I went ahead and bought this tub
at the old price of Rs. 3915 after thoroughly checking
the contents of the sticker, Hologram, expiry date and the seal.

But after returning home and seeing it again and again,
I feel a bit paranoid (buyer's remorse?). The mfg. date &
exp. date at the bottom says: 06/07 & 06/10 respectively.
Also the seal (in the form of a tab), though intact, is thinner
and looks less assuring than the one on the new stock;
the new tubs have bigger seals. The tub looks a bit dirty since
it is old and has the logo of Letica Corporation imprinted on
the lid (a quick google search tells me that this company is a
leader in packaging), along with a sticker of Paradise Nutrition Inc.

What do you guys think? I can get it exchanged for any other
product at their store. They stock ON, Ultimate Nutrition,
Dymatize and Labrada. My main concern is authenticity and
the 2 year old mfg. date of this tub.

By the way, the flavour is Cookies 'n' Cream and the tub is
white (the new ones are black in colour). I got a gym towel and
a shaker bottle with it.

Thanks!
Old 16th August 2009, 09:02   #1917
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a tub of Ultimate nutrition Iso sensation 93 chocolate fudge for 4700 from chandigarh along with a 5 Lb pack of Gaspari Myofusion double chocolate for 3200.

got a shaker bottle free.

Both the flavours rock.

NK if i were you i'd prefer the newer stock.you can get gaspari or myofusion for that price.

PS.i don't know why but most of the guys working out in the gym here and a few freinds elsewhere are always against Reliance wellness stores.they just don't trust them.

be very careful when you buy this stuff as there is a lot of spurious stuff floating in the market.along with the stickers etc.

these empty ON tubs sell for 300 a piece in meerut where they are refilled with indian "whey" and sold for the market price.I have seen this stuff as one of my friends makes this indian whey in chandigarh and doesn't speak highly of it.

So whenever you buy any whey just buy it from respectable trustable store.and also check it with someone who's been taking whey for a few years.Its easy for them to make out a difference.

all the best for your workout!
Old 16th August 2009, 09:27   #1918
BHPian

^^ wow so now reliance stores are not trust-worthy! I am using the 10lb pack of ON choco (fortunately not tub) which i bought from reliance in bangy - the pack had the neulife sticker alright. I have like 80% of the stuff left. Now i am scared! What if these guys mix whey with choco and chalkpowder or something ! we will all have kidney stones. I think its best to just buy if you goto US or worse case order from amazon and pay the premium.
Old 16th August 2009, 11:21   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
For someone who could not even free squat it was fair progress...might not seem big by general lifting standards.

Oh and I didnt start of at 145 bw. Start about 54kgs.

That said im a lazy fool.. workout 3 months max and then im out for 6-7 months :(
What I meant was that only a genetic freak can add 181 pounds to the bar in just 3 months with a body weight of just 145 pounds. It's way too much progress for a novice and not realistic. I think you need to recheck the markings on the plates. Or you were not squatting to the same depth that Rippetoe teaches. And the novice program for the fastest progress is 3x5 not 5x5.

Last edited by Kärlsson : 16th August 2009 at 11:28.
Old 16th August 2009, 11:39   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ wow so now reliance stores are not trust-worthy! I am using the 10lb pack of ON choco (fortunately not tub) which i bought from reliance in bangy - the pack had the neulife sticker alright. I have like 80% of the stuff left. Now i am scared! What if these guys mix whey with choco and chalkpowder or something ! we will all have kidney stones. I think its best to just buy if you goto US or worse case order from amazon and pay the premium.
Hehe.well what i meant was that people here don't generally trust reliance.they maybe be good no doubt but people prefer to buy stuff from old stockists which have a lot of respect to loose for a few thousands worth of whey.

thats all.I'm sure you have no problems with your whey.also i'm sure that even if you buy it from the most shady place you'll know what is real and what is not owing to your huge experience.

This is a very lucrative business.and in india as with anything which concerns money there is bound to be tampering and fake stuff being sold.

We have seen it with Milk,ghee,butter,paneer.so it can be with anything.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks