Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2010, 14:11   #2401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
sureshot deal.
However syntrax doesnt sells a 5lb tub so a 10lb is highly dubious!
i guess you are talking about the nutrition world right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Nutrition World is scumbag. Syntrax (SI03) NEVER sells Nectar in 5 lbs of 10 lbs. The owner of NUTIRTION WORLD (Pawan Gupta) is renowed for packaging cheap @SS Indian Soy protein powders and re-labeling them as imported ones. No matter all of his customers are gullible ones. 99% of his stocked products come in Chocolate flavor only which is pretty easy to replicate.
Gullible is the word.
Thank you, both of you.
Old 6th February 2010, 14:36   #2402
BHPian

So, is either Syntrax/ASN available anywhere here?
Old 6th February 2010, 14:53   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
So, is either Syntrax/ASN available anywhere here?
my cousin got it from mumbai for 2400.
considering its 2lb i find the deal expensive.
Old 9th February 2010, 05:24   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I have recently started going to gym. I'm obese at 95+ kg and 5"10'. Although I feel my stamina is increasing, I feel I need supplements to push harder. Like, if I work had for 3 days, 4th day my entire body is paining and I need a day's rest.

I was thinking of starting taking whey protein, around 75gm a day (never taken in my life till now). I suddenly heard from someone that soy protein is better. Please suggest me what to do. Do you guys have better suggestions for me?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 9th February 2010, 09:45   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Like, if I work had for 3 days, 4th day my entire body is paining and I need a day's rest.
This is normal - its called delayed onset of muscle soreness (DOMS). It is normal for muscles to start paining after a workout. Keep in mind though that if you have worked out chest and your calf muscles are paining - something is wrong

Do what you can without supplements, reach your plateau (when you can't push any more weights), stay on the plateau for a few weeks and then start cycling protein supplements into your system too see the benefits.

Edit - if you really feel the need for more protein right away, throw in a protein shake (eggs + milk + flavor).

Last edited by jassi : 9th February 2010 at 09:47.
Old 9th February 2010, 23:22   #2406
BHPian

Ok so speaking of protein intake, I am faced with a dilemma. I need to be taking in about 190g of protein a day. My problem is that I am a vegetarian (dont even eat eggs). I can get 60g a day from my protein shake, where do I get the rest from as far as food is concerned. I cant be eating too much cheese due to its fat content, what are some good sources of quality protein for me?
Old 9th February 2010, 23:57   #2407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
This is normal - its called delayed onset of muscle soreness (DOMS). It is normal for muscles to start paining after a workout. Keep in mind though that if you have worked out chest and your calf muscles are paining - something is wrong

Do what you can without supplements, reach your plateau (when you can't push any more weights), stay on the plateau for a few weeks and then start cycling protein supplements into your system too see the benefits.

Edit - if you really feel the need for more protein right away, throw in a protein shake (eggs + milk + flavor).
Thanks for the reply, jassi. Actually, I'm doing only the treadmill right now. And I have only pain in my legs. And that too, pain only if I run on the fourth day after three days of gym. If I take a day's rest, I'm fine again.
Old 10th February 2010, 00:43   #2408
Senior - BHPian

The human body can go a long way with natural diet, even before it feels the need for protein supplements.

Iv been working out for 2years on natural diet now and still seeing gains in terms of size and strength. Its important to eat well, take enough rest and be regular to the gym.

Shan2nu
Old 10th February 2010, 01:05   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Thanks for the reply, jassi. Actually, I'm doing only the treadmill right now. And I have only pain in my legs. And that too, pain only if I run on the fourth day after three days of gym. If I take a day's rest, I'm fine again.
You need to diversify - try a different cardio workout everyday or go for a swim or circuit training (with weights). This will keep you interested and your body in good shape. Ofcourse the next step is to then start on muscle building with weight training - basic body weight exercises and then with dumbbells, bars and last would be weight machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The human body can go a long way with natural diet, even before it feels the need for protein supplements.

Iv been working out for 2years on natural diet now and still seeing gains in terms of size and strength. Its important to eat well, take enough rest and be regular to the gym.

Shan2nu
For the first 9 of 12 yrs that i have been gyming, I was on all natural food and home-made protein drinks, etc. Its only now due to lack of time to make my own concoctions that i have to yo-yo between protein supplements (max 2-3 times a week) and natural foods. Also I have realised that good amount of rest days keeps the body injury free and responding to training! But yeah you can go for a long time without supplements
Old 10th February 2010, 12:29   #2410
BHPian

supporter underwear

hi

i want to know if it is necessary to wear tight supporters on underwear like athletes used to wear while lifting heavy weights. i am hitting gym for previous 2 months, most guys wears the same. till now i have not tried it, guys please tell me if there is any danger to private parts if someone ignore it to wear.

thanks
sajid
Old 10th February 2010, 13:12   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sajid, without going into details I recommend you to wear the supporter. Cheers!
Old 10th February 2010, 13:24   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4s View Post
hi

i want to know if it is necessary to wear tight supporters on underwear like athletes used to wear while lifting heavy weights. i am hitting gym for previous 2 months, most guys wears the same. till now i have not tried it, guys please tell me if there is any danger to private parts if someone ignore it to wear.

thanks
sajid
you mean jockstrap - you better be wearing it dude!
read about it here Jockstrap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10th February 2010, 16:45   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Ok so speaking of protein intake, I am faced with a dilemma. I need to be taking in about 190g of protein a day. My problem is that I am a vegetarian (dont even eat eggs). I can get 60g a day from my protein shake, where do I get the rest from as far as food is concerned. I cant be eating too much cheese due to its fat content, what are some good sources of quality protein for me?

Soy Milk/Bean/Paneer, Nutrela, Beans, Sprouts & Yellow Pulses.

Guys,

Please suggest which is better On 82% Whey Isolate or ISO Sensation 92% Whey Isolate.

Last edited by SamtheLeo : 10th February 2010 at 16:46.
Old 10th February 2010, 18:02   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Soy Milk/Bean/Paneer, Nutrela, Beans, Sprouts & Yellow Pulses.

Guys,

Please suggest which is better On 82% Whey Isolate or ISO Sensation 92% Whey Isolate.
Any day Iso sensation is better.
And its iso sensation 93
Old 11th February 2010, 03:37   #2415
BANNED

guys, want to know a good supplements shop/dealer in south delhi or gurgaon area ASAP. Need all the help possible, i am planning to buy creatine and whey protein. pls advice the best ones and which are VFM as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks