Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 12:35   #2521
Senior - BHPian

which is better whey protein , British nutrients or Coach formula?
Old 5th May 2010, 16:48   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
which is better whey protein , British nutrients or Coach formula?
Why would you want to buy any of these two when the prices are just as any other US brand? British nutritions Whey is sourced from Saputos ingredients USA and processed here in bangalore, so either you buy some US made or you can buy saputos whey in bulk for much cheaper price.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:50   #2523
BHPian

Guys sale at GNC Livewell stores accross mumbai, dont know about other cities.
Old 14th May 2010, 00:17   #2524
BHPian

lower back pain longissimus thoracis

Dear Testosterone

i have this question for you. i am suffering from lower back longissimus thoracis pain. as you may know these are the muscles which support the spine and are located on both the sides of your spine.

there is a little swelling also in my right side muscle
please suggest some exercises to me

thanks
sajid
Old 14th May 2010, 13:33   #2525
Senior - BHPian

@Sajid, I suggest you see a doctor immediately. Its very risky to take online advice if you are injured. Any wrong move could worsen the situation.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:37   #2526
BHPian

I have surfed 1-9 pages of this thread and have only see most of the discussion on what whey protein brand is good and price.

Its been 2 months that I started gym, I go 6 days in a week, First month I was on circuit and now I am in the free weight section.

They just did my bca after two months, in terms of Fat mass I have only reduced 1% and still on 20.5 though I should be below 15%, they will do my measurements today, though I checked at home I have increased my bicep by 1 inches.

The head most gym instructor says I see you work hard real hard, and commited as well but your results are not so promising.

My problem is I finish gym by 9 and eat my dinner by 10. Now when I am back i am unable to resist and too hungry and eat 2 or 3 chappatis dal and subzi with 2 egg whites.

He told me to start protein, I am very reluctant and always think it has got side effects.

Can you please give me a candid advise whether it is important to have protein and secondly if yes then which one. He also suggested that I should have this first thing AFTER MY WORK-OUT and not before.

Cheers
Old 25th May 2010, 14:03   #2527
BHPian

Have patience.
Go easy on the weekly schedule. If, like most of us, you carry a day job, you're likely pushing your body too far too soon.
Space out your workouts to 4 times a week. Never miss your leg workouts.
After consuming 8 odd years worth of protein, I'll say there are plenty of side effects, none of which are detrimental to your health.

Myofusion by Gaspari Nutrition is a decent choice, as recommended by other, certainly more experienced, tbhpians (1-t, harry10 et al.). Should not cost you more than 3.2k for 5lbs, though we, in delhi have found it at the 3k mark (or even less).

Most of all, enjoy your workouts. Have fun!
Old 25th May 2010, 14:13   #2528
BHPian

@ Saint

Even I was fed a lot of BS about the side effect about taking "powder" (the slang used in our gym). Right from kidney stones to hair loss and what not. But I assure you it's safe. Most of the guys who feed the BS about side effects are the ones who have never tried using Supplements. After more then a year of regular use of Protein I have had no side effects. And the results are also very good.
There are a lot of articles on the net about the importance of having a protein rich diet. As far as what time to take a Protein shake,I used to take it right after my morning workout then later started taking it before going to sleep at night which had comparably favorable results.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:21   #2529
BHPian

Motor & godog, thanks for your candid advise, its just that all these years when I was young I never wanted to do gym, i was always a swimmer, and now that i have the taste of it I am like crazy about it, wanna shape up myself and have decent muscles, it is a dream now therefore the rush, but i know i have to take it easy.

Thanks for all the advice. One Question GODOG- when you said side effects were they like you turn up to be full of loose flesh after you stop the whey protein, I know if you dont work-out you tend to have loose fat but do you have more with whey protein?

Also what should be the quantity only on work out day, half teaspoon or one teaspoon or what? can it be mixed with half milk + water or how??

Cheers

Last edited by The Saint : 25th May 2010 at 16:23.
Old 27th May 2010, 23:02   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Motor & godog, thanks for your candid advise, its just that all these years...

... One Question GODOG- when you said side effects were they like "you turn up to be full of loose flesh after you stop the whey protein", I know if you dont work-out you tend to have loose fat but do you have more with whey protein?

Also what should be the quantity only on work out day, half teaspoon or one teaspoon or what? can it be mixed with half milk + water or how??

Cheers

Sir, with all due respect, you're only as old as you think. :-)

More seriously though, all the trashing that supplements get is a hangover from an era when anabolic steroids were treated at par with protein powders (circa 1970s). Probably because both were equally horrid to consume :-p?

I don't think you "tend to have loose fat" when you don't work out, which is a gross generalization both of us have made.

To answer what happens if you stop supplementing your diet with protein. Imagine that godog is a punjabi, fed on a diet of tandoori chicken (along a well balanced diet) for as long as his parents can remember. If he were to stop having tandoori chicken, what would happen? Nothing.

Your concern rises from misconceptions that are rooted in lore and tales of men losing their balls. All these side effects that nearly every beginner is black mailed with are true stories- baldness, extra lard, male breasts, impotence etc- but these are side effects of Anabolic Steroids, the kind of which only a good pharmacy can stock, not your neighborhood retailer.

Q. "Also what should be the quantity only on work out day, half teaspoon or one teaspoon or what? can it be mixed with half milk + water or how??
"

A. TEASPOONS?

Unless you got some radioactive POS, you're going nowhere with that unit of measurement.

Take it with Deuterium (heavy water). TASTES HEAVENLY!*

"Supplements are just that."

"you can't eat sh@ and protein powder, and expect to get big."

*just kidding mate. Do that on your own risk!

Last edited by godog : 27th May 2010 at 23:08. Reason: omission
Old 28th May 2010, 13:58   #2531
BHPian

Thanks Godog appreciate, now which one to buy, tastes good and is like the purest with no crenatine in it??
Old 28th May 2010, 14:01   #2532
Senior - BHPian

how is optimum nutrition gold standard ?
Old 28th May 2010, 19:40   #2533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Thanks Godog appreciate, now which one to buy, tastes good and is like the purest with no crenatine in it??
Try myofusion first.
If it suits you then go for iso sensation 93.
Old 28th May 2010, 21:26   #2534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
Since 2004, I've used it around 98% of the times and its superb. I've also used Dymatize and Prolab (once). I find Optimum the best. I'm going to try Myofusion since so many guys are talking highly about it.

Does anyone here take fish oil?
Old 28th May 2010, 22:11   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
Pathetic.
Considering the price, Beyond Pathetic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks