Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 21:37   #2641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys - have been gymming for a year now and have seen good results.
one area which i want to work on is to develop the upper chest and get the clear chest muscle demarcation.

What exercises are recommended and avoided to obtain this ?
I have been doing just the incline bench for a month now but havent seen much of a change. please advise
thanks
Please try incline pushups, dips (3 sets each) everyday exclusive of your body part workout, genetically some body parts are weak and take some extra effort in my case it was lower chest.

Human Willpower, How Amazing!!
Old 2nd October 2010, 00:28   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Move over these costly proteins, you can now get the highest quality American Whey protein in bulk (manufacturers like Saputo, Glanbia, Fonterra, Solae, Solbar).
Any link that these can be ordered from? Or any distributor that you now of in Mumbai / Pune?
Old 2nd October 2010, 00:32   #2643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Move over these costly proteins, you can now get the highest quality American Whey protein in bulk (manufacturers like Saputo, Glanbia, Fonterra, Solae, Solbar). Only difference is you'd have to flavor it yourself by some Hershey flavors. It costs almost 1/3 of what you'd pay for commercial proteins like ON 100% Whey gold Standard, Myofusion.
This bulk whey is 81.32% protein by weight (WPC80) and 91.7% (WPI90).
Costs start from Rs 700/Kg.... and a 15 Kg/33.1 lbs bag costing under 10,000.
Can you give out more info please?
Old 4th October 2010, 12:27   #2644
BHPian

VIk and Pranav, a company name VNC in north stocks these brands. Check their page on facebook. Unfortunately they dont have any store in bombay or pune. So if somebody travelling from delhi can carry a small packet for trial.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:28   #2645
BHPian

Guys,

I have almost finished my 1st tub of Isopure zero carb, I dont know if it really helped me in picking up more weight or increase my intensity, difficult to say.

All of august I was on vacation and didnt have whey protein at all, I certainly saw a lean body physique while i didnt eat whey, I am not sure if it is pshycological or is it true that you tend to look bulky if you drink 2 scoop of whey (I have it with water) everyday after work-out.

I need your opinion on the above, post which I will decide if I want to continue with whey or not, also as I am due to buy new if the answer is yes, which one should I go for, I dont want anything with lactose base, I was pretty much happy with Iso Pure zero carb.

Thanks
Old 13th October 2010, 13:38   #2646
BHPian

Hello gurus, I started working out today after a year long laziness. Planning to keep it up as much as possible this time.
I need help on lactase.
I am lactose intolerant -- not really the worst kind; I can have a glass of milk a day without serious problems, but more than that brings all kind of problems.
My real problem is that I need my milk, when I workout. I do the heavy kind with body weight exercises, squat , deadlift, bench press, OHP etc, and I need heavy nutrition while working out -- I am a skinny guy.
Milk kinda saves me the pain of having to eat a lot of meals.

I need lactase tablet/capsule/syrup or in any other format. Where can I get these in India ? Are these available over the counter or do I need a prescription ?
Old 16th October 2010, 09:24   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Guys require your opinion on the following issue I have been having:

I have been regular at the gym for nearly three months now. Got my weight down 8-9 kilos purely through weight training. I have begun to slowly go heavy - was planning to move to squats from the leg press, have increase poundage across all my exercises in a slow and steady fashion.

However, I have been getting a throbbing pain in my head, specially towards the front, in the forehead area. Yesterday was bad because the pain persisted through the day. I have asked the gym instructors who are bodybuilders and the theories that they have given out are:
1. Lack of sleep - I do have certain days on which sleep is not enough
2. Eyesight - Do not have headaches, no 'number' so I dont know if this is the reason
3. High BP because of which the blood rushes to the head

I somehow think it is 3, though I do not have a history of BP. Could it be the salt in the food? Or could this be because of stiffness in the neck causing a vein / nerve to be pressed in a very painful manner. I try to keep my neck neutral, but there is a certain stiffness in the neck. I try to control my breathing, but to no avail. The throbbing is like some one taking a hammer and pounding away.

Supplement info:
Whey protein 1 scoop a day in skimmed milk post work out
Creatine (5gm) in water pre workout (5 days total)

Time of workout - 0530 to 0645 hrs
No cardio so far
Height - 180 cms
Weight - 87 kg (post creatine, before that it was 85-86 kilos)

Will be doing a blood check up today, but would appreciate if some one who has faced a similar issue could help.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 16th October 2010 at 09:36. Reason: Added information
Old 16th October 2010, 09:38   #2648
BHPian

Indeed, first do a medical check up including BP. For best results for cholestrol levels, do the fasting test (not the random test).

Less Sleep can be one cause, but another important cause can be that since you sweat a lot, dehydration can also cause splitting headaches. Therefore try & drink lots & lots of plain water after the exercise & during the day.
Old 17th October 2010, 16:26   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Note: I am not a regular gym goer. What I am posting is what I recall when I used to go to gym, 8-9 years ago.

narayan
harry10 has given some good exercises for Upper chest formation.

For the 'chest muscle demarcation' try the decline bench press. I used to do 5 sets of flat bench press, followed by 5 sets of inclined and 5 sets of declined bench press.

Experts, please correct me if I am wrong.

12 rep X 8 Sets of Inclined* Bench Press.
60 Second rest.
45 Second Set.

Grip 3 inches wider, each side.

*Incline a flat bench by placing two weight-plates on both sides.
Old 17th October 2010, 17:33   #2650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Guys require your opinion on the following issue I have been having:
My gym instructor used to constantly warn me against grinding my teeth when working out. He said it causes headache. I dont know how medically accurate that is, but it did work in my case.
Old 18th October 2010, 11:37   #2651
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Haroon, Amitoj,

Contacted a few medical professionals and I have been advised to take adequate rest. Have basically slept close to 10 hours over Sunday. Skipped the gym today. Will go and give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 18th October 2010, 13:08   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Guys,

I have almost finished my 1st tub of Isopure zero carb, I dont know if it really helped me in picking up more weight or increase my intensity, difficult to say.

All of august I was on vacation and didnt have whey protein at all, I certainly saw a lean body physique while i didnt eat whey, I am not sure if it is pshycological or is it true that you tend to look bulky if you drink 2 scoop of whey (I have it with water) everyday after work-out.

I need your opinion on the above, post which I will decide if I want to continue with whey or not, also as I am due to buy new if the answer is yes, which one should I go for, I dont want anything with lactose base, I was pretty much happy with Iso Pure zero carb.

Thanks
Await revert from gurus here, as I have finished my current one, and if bulking up is the reason due to whey then I would rather not buy it.

Cheers
Old 20th October 2010, 12:32   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Await revert from gurus here, as I have finished my current one, and if bulking up is the reason due to whey then I would rather not buy it.

Cheers
Whey protein to some extent makes you bloat and hold some water, when you come off you will loose the bloat and hence you look more lean. Thats the reason competitive bodybuilders stop using Whey or any other supplements a week or so prior to a competition inorder to shed the extra water and to look more lean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Can you give out more info please?
I have given some details on the previous pages so you can search for it.

Last edited by bblost : 20th October 2010 at 12:38. Reason: Please use edit post instead of new post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 20th October 2010, 19:27   #2654
BHPian

just thought of posting a review of stuff i have used for reference of others looking to buy supplements.

weight gainers/mass gainers
Muscle juice 2544 is a good product and gives u good results,however has a high sugar content and u can see the midsection increase if u dont do cardio.Muscle juice 2600 dosent mix well and gets all lumpy so i avoid it.Avoid strawberry flavour as its too sweet,cookies and cream is good and not too sweet.if u have it in water you may feel ur eating cardboard.

Serious mass by optimum nutrtion is again a good product and shows decent results.Stick to choclate

N.O explode by BSN is a non worker for me,i felt it was super hyped and had no effect even when the dosage was doubled to see sum results..

Celltech was good and definetly makes ur strenth go higher plus makes u more defined,stay away from fruit punch flavour,grape is best...

Hydroxy cut....this thing makes u lose weight and it works if u eat sensible,hydroxy and celltech combined gave me neat results...hydroxy contains caffeine so it kinda helps give better pumps.

Ultimate nutrition creatine dont like it couldnt have it.makes ur tongue like leather.

Tribulus pro from universal....increased lifting power,and yes this damn thing makes u more horny....hahahah

went mad and bought venkys protein and mass gainer....take my word save ur money it tastes like paint,i cudnt have it and threw the both containers out...yucks

Gold standard whey i cudnt figure out anything with this,although rated highest in bodybuilding.com i got to know later that its not so great,i kinda feel even bodybuilding.com pushes crappy products.

This is just my experience.
Old 27th October 2010, 12:46   #2655
BHPian

Guys,

If I get a US-based friend to ship the supplements to me as a gift, won't it still attract customs duty?

I am almost sure it will, but just wanted to check if anyone has tried this route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks