Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 14:23   #2896
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Ah ok, I did guess thats what you meant but I was not sure that steroids is discussed on this thread because any time I see its supplements supplements & supplements or workouts , May be I have missed out those discussions.

To answer your question in one word "NO" I did not use steroids. I have been working out for the last 16 yrs since I was 14 and all these years it was more for the sake of looks. Naturally I have been skinny all my life and about 2 yrs ago I started bulking but did not give attention to my diet, I did enjoy all the Junk food and alcohol and thats how I got that fat! So as you can see I was not new to workout or diet it was just that I did not give my 100% to workout or diet. I am sure anybody can achieve such results when attention to detail is given to diet and workouts!
This forum is for honest responses, steroids are not discussed as I doubt many members would be inclined towards them, we ask questions hoping for help.

But the truth is for you to know, and I wont probe further.

There are many on this forum who might be able to tell by just looking at your pics, and it's all good till you can make peace and sleep with your demons.

Your physique transformation, skin quality, muscle density, vascularity and most importantly body weight and fat percentage changes tell a different story. Such transformation is definitely hard work, but comes only with synthetic help.

I only hope you had good help, and knowledge of cycles as well as PCT because it's very taxing on the insides.

That said, I dont have a choice but to accept your "NO", but I dont BUY it.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 14:33   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@the beast- A good start up protein is Optimums ON whey protein. Creatine i have tried Ultimate Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate which is good and now i will be trying ON's creatine so will let you know how that is as well.

@red Circle and other experts- Which is a good Multi V to have? Recently i had been taking just one becosule tablet a day.
How is nutrilite daily? i can see good reviews for it on net however i find it a touch expensive.
Multi V -After a lot of research I started taking AST Multi pro, its cheap and the ingredients are good. Ordered 2 bottles of 200ns from Bodybuilding.com which will last for a year and would cost around 6rs a day. I you ready to spend more say like 30 bucks a day then go for Controlled labs Orange Traid it is one of the best Multi V which covers almost everything like digestive enzymes, joint support, immune support... I also take Vitamin C, E and calcium seperately which is available in Pharmacies.
Old 11th May 2011, 14:39   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
What do you mean by Orals or Injectables?
Orals are in the form of capsules/tablets and injectables are in liquid form which have to be injected in your body.
msupercool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 15:01   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hey thanks for all this vital info. I have decent fitness levels as I was into sports from school itself. Have started doing weights now. I have bought Ultimate Nutrition Gold std Whey prot. They provide a scoop spoon with that. How much (scoop) is advisable and when (before workout, after or both?)? Is daily workout required or is 3 times a day (1 hr) fine? Which are the parts you do together (arms, chest, back, legs, abs, shoulders)?

Thnks

VW
Protein shakes do not have any side effects but my advice to you would be to stick to 1-2 scoops daily that is 1scoop in the morning and 1 post workout. Im saying morning because when you getup in the morning your body is hungry and needs proteins or else it will burn off your muscle for energy so you need to intake proteins whether its through protein shake or some other source like eggs or milk and post workout it is required in order to recover the muscle tissues & muscle development. Post workout protein shake is a must i would say because the metabolic rate of our body is high so simple proteins are instantly absorbed by the body. Ideally you should workout 3times a week because your body also needs rest and time to recover. you can do 20mins cardio after your weight training or alternate days with weight training as per your wish. You can do back and bisceps one day then chest,shoulders and triceps the other day and then legs.45-60 mins training is more than enough. you can do abs on your cardio day after cardio.
msupercool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 15:13   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
@the beast- A good start up protein is Optimums ON whey protein. Creatine i have tried Ultimate Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate which is good and now i will be trying ON's creatine so will let you know how that is as well.

@red Circle and other experts- Which is a good Multi V to have? Recently i had been taking just one becosule tablet a day.
How is nutrilite daily? i can see good reviews for it on net however i find it a touch expensive.
you can have 2 Becosules a day one in the morning and 1 post workout. Other vitamins that you can try are Evion400 and Celin for vitamin c. Besides these you can also take supracal thats for calcium and do not forget Mega-3 which is very important for strong joints. You can take 1supracal/day and 2-4 mega3 capsules daily
All the creatine will give you the same result why dont you try something different like NO Explode or Shotgun. These also have creatine in them besides they will give you a very good pump and focus through out your workout.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:19   #2901
BHPian

Quote:
Supplements - Whey protein and Creatine, You can add a good multi V as well. if you want to have your real breakfast before hitting the gym then go for oats, whole wheat bread, eggs and inacse you want to have just a small meal then Have a fruit and a scoop of whey.
Be careful when on creatine because it puts alot of pressure on your kidneys. Drink lots of water through out the day and keep yourself hydrated all the time.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:27   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
This forum is for honest responses, steroids are not discussed as I doubt many members would be inclined towards them, we ask questions hoping for help.

But the truth is for you to know, and I wont probe further.

There are many on this forum who might be able to tell by just looking at your pics, and it's all good till you can make peace and sleep with your demons.

Your physique transformation, skin quality, muscle density, vascularity and most importantly body weight and fat percentage changes tell a different story. Such transformation is definitely hard work, but comes only with synthetic help.

I only hope you had good help, and knowledge of cycles as well as PCT because it's very taxing on the insides.

That said, I dont have a choice but to accept your "NO", but I dont BUY it.
No problem bro, im not here to prove anythning to anybody :o) im here if I can be of little help to anyone. Lets keep aside steroids for now, The muscle density, vascularity, definition and all that you have mentioned is called as "Muscle Maturity", I hope you have heard this and it does not come with just one or two years of training or even with steroids, it comes with years and years of training and as you age. A 18 yr old guy who is like 70 kilos ripped at 7% BF may not look like as I do because he has still not attained so called Muscle Maturity! Google this you will find a lot of info on it. BTW this is only for everybodys info and nothing to do with my transformation.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:28   #2903
BHPian

People on creatine please drink lots of water and keep urself hydrated all the time if you want your kidneys to function properly. Do take Liv52 tablets which are available at all the chemists, these are for liver. People who have supplements and alcohol should have this daily. Dosage is 2-4 daily. Thankyou
Old 11th May 2011, 16:10   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Supplements - Whey protein and Creatine, You can add a good multi V as well. if you want to have your real breakfast before hitting the gym then go for oats, whole wheat bread, eggs and inacse you want to have just a small meal then Have a fruit and a scoop of whey.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
I rely on Centrum; Mega Men & Opti Men are good too. Animal Pak has been my training favorite for years now.

A local alternative is Supractiv or Revital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
Be careful when on creatine because it puts alot of pressure on your kidneys. Drink lots of water through out the day and keep yourself hydrated all the time.
Many Thanks to All

Looks like I can have 3 dose of supplements, 1 in the morning just after waking up and before gym session, 1 just after workout the 3rd and last i can take before sleeping, as i dont want to carry it to office and take it there.

Now the confusing part, what to take before workout, i wake up by 7:30 and in gym by 8:30. Or should i delay my gym session by 1 hour and take some breakfast?

Which and how much supplements should I take.

For multi V I am currently taking cipla's maxirich, in the past i have taken amway's "Daily". This time i am thinking to change them every 1-2 months, I am thinking to take revital once current stock ends. Is that's enough.

I heard mostly people take creatine before gym session, but as it's heavy on kidneys i would be reluctant to take it OR drinking plenty of water will be good with it?
Old 11th May 2011, 16:31   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
No problem bro, im not here to prove anythning to anybody :o) im here if I can be of little help to anyone. Lets keep aside steroids for now, The muscle density, vascularity, definition and all that you have mentioned is called as "Muscle Maturity", I hope you have heard this and it does not come with just one or two years of training or even with steroids, it comes with years and years of training and as you age. A 18 yr old guy who is like 70 kilos ripped at 7% BF may not look like as I do because he has still not attained so called Muscle Maturity! Google this you will find a lot of info on it. BTW this is only for everybodys info and nothing to do with my transformation.
Yes, I am aware of Muscle Maturity but it doesn't occur in 5 months, not with anything you could do naturally.

A doctor can write it on a prescription and sign it for you.

Dropping almost 20kilos of weight and attaining a stage-condition BF of 7% is not possible without losing muscle, on the contrary you have only gained tone and size, full muscle bellies and density, topped with some serious vascularity.

I have been lifting for almost as long as you, have trained with some known names on the Mumbai and Delhi bodybuilding circuit, and I think I know a bit of serration when I see it.

That said, great job once again, all the best, and stay healthy!
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 16:57   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Many Thanks to All

Looks like I can have 3 dose of supplements, 1 in the morning just after waking up and before gym session, 1 just after workout the 3rd and last i can take before sleeping, as i dont want to carry it to office and take it there.

Now the confusing part, what to take before workout, i wake up by 7:30 and in gym by 8:30. Or should i delay my gym session by 1 hour and take some breakfast?

For multi V I am currently taking cipla's maxirich, in the past i have taken amway's "Daily". This time i am thinking to change them every 1-2 months, I am thinking to take revital once current stock ends. Is that's enough.

I heard mostly people take creatine before gym session, but as it's heavy on kidneys i would be reluctant to take it OR drinking plenty of water will be good with it?
If you can delay your Gym session then go for your real breakfast and once you are back from gym you can have your regular fruit juice toast and a scoop of whey.
Red Circle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 17:09   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
If you can delay your Gym session then go for your real breakfast and once you are back from gym you can have your regular fruit juice toast and a scoop of whey.
Sorry for asking again, but If I cannt change the time of gym, then what is best option to take before gym session. Many Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 20:04   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Many Thanks to All

first you need to set your goals correct. Creatine will give u size so first you need to decide whether you just want to be fit and lean or you want big muscles.If you are just looking for fitness and a lean look then creatine is not your choice.Creatine will definately give you power but at the same time it holds the water in your body and that is why people look bulky when on creatine.
Secondly if you are just looking for a lean and fit look then just stick to protein shakes thatsit! you can go for premium stuff like Nitro-tech or Platinum Hydrowhey but these are expensive but they are purer form of proteins.
As you said you get up by 7.30 so you can have an oatmeal with skimmed milk and you can also add your protein powder to it. Try it im sure you will like it.So you will have enough proteins and carbs for your workout. Thats it then hit the gym by 8.30 and let me know the difference.
Besides this you can take supracal for calcium, evion400 for vitamin, celin for vitamin c and becosule b-complex. Dont forget Liv52.
Anything else you want to know let me know. All the best
Old 11th May 2011, 21:19   #2909
BHPian

i totally agree with mandheers here,i do not mean to offend you red circle am happy at your transformation but its just too fast and a too dramatic change for me to buy it.

Even with the most sincerest dedication that kind of transformation is real real tough in fact close to impossible to achieve,unless of course u have a great spread of testoviron cycle or other androgenic compounds coupled with a strong post cycle aid including arimidex,all of which would aid u big time to give u definition and vasculairity tht u depose, in fact even anabol would give you that much needed headsup.

Its a known fact that most supplement dealers do stock this and are passed on to you if they are in comfort zone with u,i have been on numerous occasions asked to buy anabol and was guaranteed that i wud love the way it would make me but i wudnt coz like mandheers says it would rape the insides of u.

The last i want is to have a freaking awe-sum body and running my way to deathbed or failed liver.
scorpian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 21:45   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
first you need to set your goals correct. Creatine will give u size so first you need to decide whether you just want to be fit and lean or you want big muscles.If you are just looking for fitness and a lean look then creatine is not your choice.Creatine will definately give you power but at the same time it holds the water in your body and that is why people look bulky when on creatine.

Secondly if you are just looking for a lean and fit look then just stick to protein shakes thatsit! you can go for premium stuff like Nitro-tech or Platinum Hydrowhey but these are expensive but they are purer form of proteins.
As you said you get up by 7.30 so you can have an oatmeal with skimmed milk and you can also add your protein powder to it. Try it im sure you will like it.So you will have enough proteins and carbs for your workout. Thats it then hit the gym by 8.30 and let me know the difference.

Besides this you can take supracal for calcium, evion400 for vitamin, celin for vitamin c and becosule b-complex. Dont forget Liv52.
Anything else you want to know let me know. All the best
Thank you very much!

I am looking for more lean and fit look, so creatine is out of my plans.

Now I will search for proteins in Delhi - NCR area any pointers for them would be great.

For multi V and others, does one really need to take multiple tablets or the ones so advertised like cipla maxirich, revital, amway's 'Daily' are ok as well.

Most Viewed