Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 23:08   #3076
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
I get ON 5lbs much cheaper in Mumbai, it's listed at 4500 on VNC.
They're all flat 3000/-
Old 16th September 2011, 15:34   #3077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
They're all flat 3000/-
Now they are yes, guess some site error yesterday.

And that's a great price, I get my ON 5 lbs for exactly 3103 in Mumbai.
Old 11th November 2011, 00:46   #3078

Suggestions on fresh stock

Hey guys,

So my stock of myofusion, jack3d, ON is all done. I am gonna get fresh boxes now.

I'll pro'lly take jack3d again or maybe try out 1.M.R. And looking at Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass..

Can anyone give any recomm on any pre-wo other than jack3d; and on mass gainers?

Thanks.
Old 11th November 2011, 08:45   #3079
BHPian

Try Muscletech Neurocore. It's way better than Jack3D.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:13   #3080

Thanks @1-T. I'll check it out. How much does it cost?

Can you also recom any mass gainers? Is a mass gainer compensating for whey protein as well?
Old 11th November 2011, 19:08   #3081
BHPian

Around 2000/- for 3 months supply.
For mass gainer, you can opt for True Mass by BSN or best yet, you can make your own:

500ml Milk
30g Whey Protein
5g Creatine
10g BCAA's
2 Bananas
1 TSP Peanut Butter
10-20 Crushed Almonds.

That'll be one hell of a ultra potent mass building shake.
1-Testosterone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 19:49   #3082
BHPian

I wanted to share this - even if it makes a difference for one person, I will be happy.

I am in my 40s and I really wish I did NOT lift beyond what my frame and genetic constitution allowed me to. I am currently nursing a right rotator calf injury. My left is not great either. Your body gives you ample indications and you need to heed the warnings - no one else can do that for you.

Somehow, I had this ridiculous ambition to bench press [free wts of course] 200lbs and I weighed only 125. I got to 155 [4 reps with no spot] - then could do one rep of 165 with a spot but no help. This was a long time ago. My joints were warning me but I decided to continue bouncing the bar off my chest like crazy.. Nourishment was another factor - primarily veg diet.

It took me a while to get there - I was around 100lbs when I started lifting and could barely lift 65lbs. So, when I got to the two 45lbs plates, I felt invincible and thought I could just keep going - big mistake.

I still work out regularly, but I wish I had better joints to not be constantly in pain.

Remember 5 things:

Form - clean and slow - start very light [I see so many folks in the gym doing it all wrong]
Increase - don't just slap on wts until you have the form nailed down
Diet - Whey is pretty good and so are egg whites [yolk BTW has all the nutrients - I would limit to one a day] - do your research
Recovery - muscles need time to recover - I would rather err on the conservative side.
Stretch - start slow, it should not hurt like crazy when you stretch - again, take your time - not everyone has the same flexibility - trying to match an expert yoga instructor can only hurt you.

Always WARM-UP - take a good 20 minutes of cardio.

Krishna
Consistency is the key - not one gladiator kind of work out..

Krishna

Unless you are a paid body builder, it is difficult to justify the damage you can do and suffer later on in your life.
ksanjee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 03:47   #3083

Quote:
For mass gainer, you can opt for True Mass by BSN or best yet, you can make your own:

500ml Milk
30g Whey Protein
5g Creatine
10g BCAA's
2 Bananas
1 TSP Peanut Butter
10-20 Crushed Almonds.

cool. I'll call up neulife guy to see if they've got neurocore & how much they are selling it for.

I am in Delhi these days so probably also check out the neulife store in north campus. It's high time a good online store opened up. That'd make ordering stuff easier imo.

Thanx again @1-T.
Old 12th November 2011, 10:02   #3084
BHPian

Value Nutrition Center

VNC | Facebook
1-Testosterone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 20:42   #3085

Quote:
this looks nice. however, response on questions and requests seems slow. dunno if delivery / support is going to be reliable. plus vnc site is not complete. it just redirects to wp admin / install page. On lbexim, either all products are not listed or range covered is limited imo.

product costs are competitive though to some extent.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:53   #3086
BHPian

Quote:

500ml Milk
30g Whey Protein
5g Creatine
10g BCAA's
2 Bananas
1 TSP Peanut Butter
10-20 Crushed Almonds.

You could add some oats to it too, and at least 2 scoops of whey @ 24gms each, Vit C + Vit E: for postworkout purposes.

That's a great recipe you've posted!
Old 15th November 2011, 11:58   #3087
BHPian

Quote:
Try

Healthkart.com: Buy Health Care, Beauty & Personal Care products online in India | HealthKart.com

or try

Fitaminworld

And yes, FitaminWorld is run by my elder brother, he's also featured on the site.

The site's still in early formative stages, so welcome suggestions if any.
Old 15th November 2011, 12:30   #3088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post
I wanted to share this - even if it makes a difference for one person, I will be happy.

I am in my 40s and I really wish I did NOT lift beyond what my frame and genetic constitution allowed me to. I am currently nursing a right rotator calf injury. My left is not great either. Your body gives you ample indications and you need to heed the warnings - no one else can do that for you.

Somehow, I had this ridiculous ambition to bench press [free wts of course] 200lbs and I weighed only 125. I got to 155 [4 reps with no spot] - then could do one rep of 165 with a spot but no help. This was a long time ago. My joints were warning me but I decided to continue bouncing the bar off my chest like crazy.. Nourishment was another factor - primarily veg diet.

It took me a while to get there - I was around 100lbs when I started lifting and could barely lift 65lbs. So, when I got to the two 45lbs plates, I felt invincible and thought I could just keep going - big mistake.

I still work out regularly, but I wish I had better joints to not be constantly in pain.

Remember 5 things:

Form - clean and slow - start very light [I see so many folks in the gym doing it all wrong]
Increase - don't just slap on wts until you have the form nailed down
Diet - Whey is pretty good and so are egg whites [yolk BTW has all the nutrients - I would limit to one a day] - do your research
Recovery - muscles need time to recover - I would rather err on the conservative side.
Stretch - start slow, it should not hurt like crazy when you stretch - again, take your time - not everyone has the same flexibility - trying to match an expert yoga instructor can only hurt you.

Always WARM-UP - take a good 20 minutes of cardio.

Krishna
Consistency is the key - not one gladiator kind of work out..

Krishna

Unless you are a paid body builder, it is difficult to justify the damage you can do and suffer later on in your life.
Hi ksanjee,

I am taking the liberty to assume it is a Rotator 'Cuff' Injury you are referring to here.

Firstly it is great on your part to understand and acknowledge your limitations and weaknesses to spot injuries.

Secondly, you cannot write-off weaknesses as 'frame and genetic constitution'. You should train to get stronger or train to get bigger. Decide your goal and there is a separate program for both.

To get stronger you have to invest in a strength training program, and to get bigger you will have to resort to hypertrophy specific training.

I believe injuries are signs that you are training hard, and they should make you train smarter, whilst training harder.

Coming to your body and lifts, it's good weight you are pushing on the bench, but how much weight do you row and squat?

Rows are the only savers of the scapular complex, if you are not rowing enough your shoulder health will suffer greatly, and you will never be able to break a 'press' plateau, be that on the bench or the overhead press.

The Rows when done correctly heal many a shoulder injury and correct alignment/postural issues too.

See, we are a working population and drive right handed too. All major causes of the rotator cuff issues are owing to the arm staying 'mostly' outstretched, and that applies to working a 'mouse' as well as writing right handed.

Here's a link:

How to Deal with Shoulder Injuries: The Infraspinatus | StrongLifts.com

I have injured my shoulder on many occasion and trust me they recover sooner than your doctor says they will.

The best exercise is the Row, best done with a bar. And for conditioning start with inverted rows or just rows with an empty olympic bar.

Inverted Row

Look up the word 'Rhomboids' and do as much Rear Delts work possible (light weighted), you will see amazing results on your bench too.

The above is only advice since I do not know much about your proficiency level in lifting, so am sure you might know most of the above, but just my two bits, and hope this helps.

Also, always have a program which is a mix of heavy and light work, 'heavy+low rep' for the muscle groups and 'lighter+hi rep' for the joints and soft tissue.

Vegetarians can build muscles too, and so can guys with small frames. There is enough and more locked in our gene pool, just need the right key sometimes.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 18:12   #3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Try

Healthkart.com: Buy Health Care, Beauty & Personal Care products online in India | HealthKart.com

or try

Fitaminworld

And yes, FitaminWorld is run by my elder brother, he's also featured on the site.

The site's still in early formative stages, so welcome suggestions if any.
fitaminworld & healthkart quotes are higher than lbexim.com. For e.g. jack3d at lbexim is 1500, at healthkart 2159 & 2100 at fitaminworld; ON BCAA is 1500 & 1800 respectively.. Had the costs been the same, I'd prefer fitamin, more for the reason that I can go there & pick the boxes myself.
iVictor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 18:21   #3090
BHPian

Thanks mandheers.

Sorry I did mean Cuff - rotator calf - LoL [hope it was funny]

Fully with you on your input and I will do more research as you suggest - you motivated me to get my shoulder back in shape!

After reading your suggestion, one critical aspect did occur to me that I would emphasize [and I missed from the original list] -

Muscular imbalance from workouts - With my primary focus on chest, everything else was secondary. I did do rows but I spent more time on the bench than the rest of the workout put together [excluding cardio] - this was well over a decade ago.

Don't recall how much I did with the rows since I used the machine - but it was more going through the motions rather than a concerted effort. Boy..I have not done squats in ages. I used to like the inclined machine and was doing a couple of 45lbs on each side.

With all the benching, I developed hefty triceps - at one point it looked a little awkward.

Coming back to RC, I feel the inclined press is what triggered the RC issues [at least this time around] - I also had discomfort on the declined but not as bad. Flat bench was Ok for most part. Flys was ok too.

Now I cannot even lift the bar - had a similar episode in 2009 that I recovered from.

I have started some very simple strengthening routines with very low [to no] wts to target RC specifically. I will post my results and what ever else I find. Because currently, it is quite painful to even lift very light wts. I do use the rowing machine.

-Krishna

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks