Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2007, 21:14   #121
BHPian

i take whey protein, dont think it is harmful as no research has proven it is. just make sure you drink plenty of water (2-3lts) every day. make sure the brand of protein you take is reputable. i use optimum nutrition.
Old 23rd April 2007, 04:41   #122
BHPian

Gym And Nutrition

i know there was a weight lifting/gym thread around here somewhere..i searched but nothing came up. Anyways what workouts do u guys do, what do you guys eat to stay lean and healthy etc.?? Me and my cousin live together and we dont cook so its a challenge for me to find good food to eat. The darshinis and mess food is ok only for so long :(. Since Jan ive been in the gym almost daily bulking up..pretty good progress so far. Even been gyming on vacation too.
Old 23rd April 2007, 09:35   #123
BHPian

Hi Guys...why are you all running after complex whey....give your body soy protein for rapid development and endurance. Nothing like it!....Get a tin of Amway Nutralite and keep yourself health. And please, avoid creatine, you do not need your kidneys in the old age or what!

Now here is something about me:
I used to be a skinny kid weighing 58 kilograms and standing 5ft 9in tall. I had 12 inch stick arms. It has been 2 years now and my body has seen terrific improvement. I weigh 76 now with 15 inch solid biceps and controlled body fat. I have taken everything on a daily basis, whatever hasbeen mentioned in the thread so far.....this is what my daily diet used to be:
4 bananas
4 glasses of milk (2 with supplement nutralite)
sprouts for protein and bread + lowfat butter for carbo intake
and all regular stuff

Now, the main question: what about the fat?
Here is the secret as to how i kept my fat content low. Jogging, skipping are way too boring and lenthy....swimming is time consuming. All I have been doing is I have got a staircase in my house with 11 stairs - I run up and down increasing the number of stairs day by day. If you do a little google search about stairs, you would come to know that doing brisk stair climbing is the least time consuming (takes me 5-10 mins max) and max. output generating exercise (extremely straineous). Here is how many calories I burn doing it.

20 sets of 11 stairs (up) @ 2 calories each = 220 x 2 = 440
20 sets of 11 stairs (down) @ 1 calorie each = 220 x 1 = 220

TOTAL CALORIES BURNT ON THE STAIR CLIMBING DAY: Whoppin' 660

We three skinny friends started gym and stairs together and now all of us have good desirable bodies with our main aim of building good 15 inch arms being preserved as well.

Do let me know if I can be of any further help about anything.
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:33   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Hi Guys...why are you all running after complex whey....give your body soy protein for rapid development and endurance. Nothing like it!....Get a tin of Amway Nutralite and keep yourself health. And please, avoid creatine, you do not need your kidneys in the old age or what!

Now here is something about me:
I used to be a skinny kid weighing 58 kilograms and standing 5ft 9in tall. I had 12 inch stick arms. It has been 2 years now and my body has seen terrific improvement. I weigh 76 now with 15 inch solid biceps and controlled body fat. I have taken everything on a daily basis, whatever hasbeen mentioned in the thread so far.....this is what my daily diet used to be:
4 bananas
4 glasses of milk (2 with supplement nutralite)
sprouts for protein and bread + lowfat butter for carbo intake
and all regular stuff

Now, the main question: what about the fat?
Here is the secret as to how i kept my fat content low. Jogging, skipping are way too boring and lenthy....swimming is time consuming. All I have been doing is I have got a staircase in my house with 11 stairs - I run up and down increasing the number of stairs day by day. If you do a little google search about stairs, you would come to know that doing brisk stair climbing is the least time consuming (takes me 5-10 mins max) and max. output generating exercise (extremely straineous). Here is how many calories I burn doing it.

20 sets of 11 stairs (up) @ 2 calories each = 220 x 2 = 440
20 sets of 11 stairs (down) @ 1 calorie each = 220 x 1 = 220

TOTAL CALORIES BURNT ON THE STAIR CLIMBING DAY: Whoppin' 660

We three skinny friends started gym and stairs together and now all of us have good desirable bodies with our main aim of building good 15 inch arms being preserved as well.

Do let me know if I can be of any further help about anything.

whats ur diet currently? i mean im in college and its hard to eat anything but outside food/mess food. I dont cook either u know.
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:42   #125
BHPian

I am a Vegitarian, take eggs some times.. my protein suppliments come from Optimum nutrition WHEY protein.. its a nice product, better than the saw dust that AMWAY sells as Soy protein. I work out 5 days a week, cardio 20 mins ( 3-4 kms running) and exercises for one body part each day. ( 1 hour)
My fav Bench press and Dead lift.
Been working out for 5 years now.
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:39   #126
Senior - BHPian

Amway Soy Protein..
Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein...

i am getting confused.

BTW somebody recommended me Resource Protein (whey).. thats what i am using.. i am also slim.. (just about in normal range)
Gaurav ji.. kuch advice?
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:47   #127
Senior - BHPian

Whey protien is the best of the lot coz it has the minimum amt of fat. As for the brands, Isopur is good actually as good as any other. But take a lot of water so that protiens dont screw up your kidneys!!
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:49   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Get a tin of Amway Nutralite and keep yourself health.
Amway? That name brings back lots of creepy memories of people hitting on you at Walmarts and local malls. Heh, heh, you want to do some business... heh, heh.

However, I am in complete agreement with your stairclimbing idea, that's one butt-kicking exercising, better than using any gym equipment.
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:54   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Whey protien is the best of the lot coz it has the minimum amt of fat. As for the brands, Isopur is good actually as good as any other. But take a lot of water so that protiens dont screw up your kidneys!!
Any other good brands? I dont think Isopure is available here easily..
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:13   #130
Team-BHP Support

High protein also interferes with iron absorption. So make sure you eat a lot of Liver(if you are N-Veg) or Spinach(for the veg dudes).
I have seen many anaemic pumped up guys with big muscles who tire after just 2kms on the treadmill.
On a personal note I get all my extra protein needs from a balanced diet, just take occasional B complex sometimes.
For protein my source is chicken.
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:31   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
I am a Vegitarian, take eggs some times.. my protein suppliments come from Optimum nutrition WHEY protein.. its a nice product, better than the saw dust that AMWAY sells as Soy protein. I work out 5 days a week, cardio 20 mins ( 3-4 kms running) and exercises for one body part each day. ( 1 hour)
My fav Bench press and Dead lift.
Been working out for 5 years now.
i do cardio before and after workouts...just do it before to warm up. Hey where did u get the WHEY protien from in bang? i havent foudn a place yet near my home that sells it. the trainers at my gym only let me do the standing leg dead lifts...not the crouching down type kind :(. I eat chicken and veggies...eggs as well.
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:42   #132
BHPian

i am getting confused.

BTW somebody recommended me Resource Protein (whey).. thats what i am using.. i am also slim.. (just about in normal range)
Gaurav ji.. kuch advice?[/quote]

Optimums 100% Whey GOLD STANDARD is THE BEST..its one of the top three three supplements in the world..get the chocolate flavor...dont trust indian products its best you order it online from bodybuilding.com...there is one more supplement known as coach's formula whey is is also very good..take this if you have just started working out but you also have to eat well have egg whites..for starters have two in the morning and two after work out do this for two months or so then slowly increase the intake four the morning, two in afternoon and four after work out with whey do this and you will be big in no time and remember rest and sleep well..if you need any advise on this please ask!!
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:45   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
i am getting confused.

Gaurav ji.. kuch advice?

i dont neccissarly want to be big, i want to have that lean, cut look. Im pretty ok weight wise (175 lbs give or take, 6 ft in height)...but i cant get rid of the damn belly fat and the love handles. I want to get those defined abs as well.

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 23rd April 2007 at 14:48.
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:47   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
i do cardio before and after workouts...just do it before to warm up. Hey where did u get the WHEY protien from in bang? i havent foudn a place yet near my home that sells it. the trainers at my gym only let me do the standing leg dead lifts...not the crouching down type kind :(. I eat chicken and veggies...eggs as well.

Please dont but optimums in some drug store they are not good and fake..where do you work out..there is factory British something near my place gym which make all kinds of whey..if you want the address i can give it to you
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:50   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Please dont but optimums in some drug store they are not good and fake..where do you work out..there is factory British something near my place gym which make all kinds of whey..if you want the address i can give it to you
i work out at Maverick next to Ramaiah hospital. Been working out almost daily since january.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks