Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2006, 11:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
That's real bad but then again don't be surprised to get similar response elsewhere.
I don't have any experience with Iquara but I could tell you its worth going through follow up in BSNL as in the end it works fine.
Already spoke with BSNL folks face-to-face after registering twice on net and once on 1500 number. All they say is that fill up form and wait for a month (hopefully a month). They do not have modems, so can't provide connections.

But yes, BSNL is anyway a govt. organization, and this was expected. Not expected from so called professional companies.

Last edited by RX135 : 27th June 2006 at 11:27.
Old 27th June 2006, 11:43   #17
BHPian

thats all media crap & "Times of India" is always in the front to get these news. pune has problems of basic infrastructure (with broadband) wifi has aleast a decade away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzterdesign
my dad told me that they were making the whole pune city equiped with Wi-Fi (he lives in pune most of the time so i get all the scoop from there ) and the maharashtra govt. has tied up with IBM and another indian company to make this possible.

anyone has information about this?

(SORRY FOR ALL THE GRAMATICAL AND SPELLING MISTAKES IN THIS POST.....)
Old 27th June 2006, 12:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Update:
I was told that since I have Hathway cable, I'll get connection fast in 4 days. I agreed and then after almost more than 10 days and numerous phone calls, Hathway tells me that it will take few more days since they don't have amplifier in Kothrud.
Hathway sucks and it sucks big time.
I'll now be going with either Iquara or BSNL. Let's see how they fare.
Err..I live in Kothrud too...and my connection was up in about 1.5 days. But the main problem I am facing is keeping that connection up. It was down all afternoon yesterday, and early in the morning today too.
Also, their customer service sucks. At the end of the first month, they sent me a bill for Rs.0.00. When I called up to inquire, they kept passing my call between executives. In the end, I just got bored and hung up.
Old 27th June 2006, 12:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

What pissed me off even more is that whenever I called them (4-5 times), I was told that they will get back to me in 5 minutes/half an hour, which they never did.

Now, I used to get call from their sales executive every alternate day before booking the connection. When I agreed to go ahead with their connection, their sales rep was at my doorstep in 10 minutes. Being a Fiat owner, I should not complain about a/s/s, but this still sucks.
Old 9th August 2006, 20:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Iqara sucks even more... I just switched laptops and it just stopped working.. Called customer support and they switched the physical address (MAC) to the new one.. It seems you can connect only from one PC and you need to call them every time if you want to switch to a different machine !!.

Never mind all this.. Even after the change of MAC address, the connection still didnt work.. i.e. it worked,but was slower than a dial up !! No amount of calling customer service (5-6 calls so far) has resolved the issue and I simply gave up. Customer service are parrots who are trained to repeat the same thing again and again. Now I get violent thoughts when I hear these parrots :s
Old 9th August 2006, 23:11   #21
BHPian

Is there any broadband service which offer download speeds in Mbps?. I mean actual real life...not claimed.

And pls remember I am an Individual..not a corporation
Old 10th August 2006, 02:04   #22
Team-BHP Support

Can someone in Pune confirm if BSNL offers broadband without subscribing to their landline phones?
Old 10th August 2006, 23:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Can someone in Pune confirm if BSNL offers broadband without subscribing to their landline phones?
NO kiran , we are not so lucky yet.
Old 11th August 2006, 00:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

I got Iqara finally after wait of 18 days to be precise. (I forgot to update the thread earlier). The connectivity is good and it works exactly as claimed. They don't have good 512kbps plans, so I am stuck with 256kbps plan. I find it good enough. I have heard nice things about Tata Indicom connectivity from couple of colleagues. (They get somewhere between 750 - 800 kbps).

If I really have to download something heavy and fast, I do RDC on my office machine and download there.

I was able to connect using same connection from 2 computers. (Laptop and desktop both, of course one at a time).
Old 13th August 2006, 13:48   #25
BHPian

Try Airtel Broadband. I am using it from the last 7 months @ Pune (Kalyani Nagar). I am paying 661 Rs. monthly (including tax) and it gives me a decent download speed of 15kbps and it does not have any download limit. So, if you are a download junkie then this scheme is ideal for you. I have faced no downtime till date.
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

I have been facing a peculiar problem. I have a Hathway 256kbps connection, with a package called as "Liteway New Xtra".
It is a prepaid connection, hence when my download limit or validity expires, the connection stops working, as has happened to me in the past. So I always keep using it till it stops working, then recharge it.
But when I checked the account usage details a day or two ago, it showed that I had exceeded the limit. But still the connection was working fine. I checked the extra usage charges, and they showed up as Rs.0.
As it is a prepaid connection, extra per MB charges are not there, as it simply stops working. I went to their office in Kothrud, and was told that what I was saying was impossible, and it couldnt possibly happen. Have attached the screenshots. I am a moderate to slightly above moderate user.

As the screenshot shows, extra charges are said to be zero. They gave me the number of someone in their main office, but I havent done so yet, as I am thinking that since theoritically I am using it for free, why not use it for a few more days. On the other hand, I dont want "recovery agents" showing up at my door one fine day demanding thousands of rupees. Anyone else faced this? Suggestions/comments?
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:45   #27
BHPian

I have hathway and the service is not good with terrible customer care. I wanted to go for Airtel but they cannot provide at my place as the they hv cable across the road and they do not have permission to cut the road. Planning to apply for Dataone...
Old 2nd January 2007, 23:49   #28
BHPian

it works like the mobile prepaid of good old days. it expires either on due date or whenever the d/l get exhausted.

if it is still working, use by all means. No way can they ask you to post pay on a pre-paid plan.
Old 3rd January 2007, 00:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

There was a similar incident where even after your balance was 0.0 you could continue sms'ing.What actually happened was that you ended up with negative credit in the database but was not getting reflected somehow.When a consumer recharged his card however he was in for a shock as the system deducted his earlier built up negative credit from this new recharge card.

In case of mobiles you could change sim cards to beat the system but here it will be difficult and you will have to either terminate your hathway connection and loose your deposit[if any] in the process or end up paying from your new recharge voucher credits.
Old 3rd January 2007, 13:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I got Iqara finally after wait of 18 days to be precise. (I forgot to update the thread earlier). The connectivity is good and it works exactly as claimed. They don't have good 512kbps plans, so I am stuck with 256kbps plan. I find it good enough. I have heard nice things about Tata Indicom connectivity from couple of colleagues. (They get somewhere between 750 - 800 kbps)..
Update: I am completely pissed off with IQARA. I wish, I had time at hand to take them to consumer court for multiple reasons. Their customer care center is more professional but Pune back-office simply sucks. It just doesn't move and it takes at least 5-10 reminders with lot of coercing to move any further.

I have switched to Tata Indicom broadband 512kbps prepaid. It works as advertised, but let me wait for a month of two to see how consistent it is. BTW, I did contemplate switching to BSNL, but their process takes indefinite time and I don't know when I'll get the connection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks