Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2007, 15:10   #31
BHPian

Rx135,

I've taken Dataone connection three times in past two years in three different cities that includes Bangalore and Pune.

I'm sorry but I beg to differ on your openion on BSNL. All the time, I got connection within a month time. Anyway, I'm sure you have seen enough of private operates and now it's time to try with BSNL.

Here is the info that should help.
1. Do you have a BSNL land line? If not, apply immediately. You should get landline in a week time. In fact, work order (BSNL internal process that releases actual instruction to provide a telephone connection) are released on the same day of applying phone connection.
2. Go to concerned BSNL customer sales center and seek information for applying broadband. In Pune, they may or may not process order taken from net. Depending on the area, they would accept your application (hardcopy) there itself or may want you to go to specific BSNL office which takes care of Dataone applications. Don't forget to ask for the phone number to make inquiry on your waiting number.
3. Once applied, start making followup with them every week starting with after 2 weeks. Nevertheless, they should get back to you in 3 to 4 weeks. They'll then issue a modem work order to you and may want you to go to specific office to make payment for your modem (Installation charge now a days don't apply). Once this done, expect a person with modem to visit your place in about 2 days.

Step 3 applies to Pune only. In Bangalore, BSNL handles it internally.

What BSNL does is that once you apply for Dataone, they check technical capability of your phone line. If you are within a specific radious from telephone exchange and cables layed are in good condition, they give go ahead. (If you have lot of internal wiring, they might call you and come up with suggestions to reduce resistance) That's why in Pune, you have to go second time to make payment from Dataone connection.

PS: When I applied third connection in Gandhinagar, initially they had reverted with information that they don't have free port to issue us a connection. But within 3 with, they again called up with information that they now have availability of port and if we want, they can proceed with connection. What I'm saying is that they aren't that bad.
Another story: When I applied for Tata Broadband in Bangalore, they had promised me a connection in a month time and took 500 Rs (special offer price) for connection but never heard anything; frequest inquires were of no help. After six month I gave up and on my requested they returned my application fees.
Old 3rd January 2007, 16:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

@nispatel,

I did apply for BSNL before I checked with Tata Indicom (earlier too, I had checked with BSNL when I went in for IQARA). But, I am yet to hear back from BSNL, while I already have Tata Indicom connection up and running. Last time, they did call me up after couple of week, but I had already decided to go in for IQARA. When I checked with service center, they told that they don't have ADSL modems available and I should get one from market.

(I stay at stone's throw from BSNL Kothrud exchange). I wanted to go for BSNL DataOne both the times, but the uncertainty factor kept it away. I am going to try it after 6 months (my prepaid validity is for 6 month). Hopefully, situation will improve by then.
Old 18th April 2007, 19:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

After using it for more than a year now, I can say with certainty : Hathway sucks. A lot.
Going to switch over to Tata Indicom next months, as my friends in my building and members like Tushky are having a good experience with it.
Old 18th April 2007, 23:12   #34
BHPian

Actually the best place to get info on this is India Broadband Forum
Old 19th April 2007, 02:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Tata Indicom is doing pretty well since last 4 months. I got free upgrade to 2MBPS. I am certainly not complaining YouTele (erstwhile IQARA) seems to have attractive offers, but going by horrible past experience, I would always stay away from it.
Old 19th April 2007, 05:00   #36
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Tata Indicom is doing pretty well since last 4 months. I got free upgrade to 2MBPS. I am certainly not complaining YouTele (erstwhile IQARA) seems to have attractive offers, but going by horrible past experience, I would always stay away from it.
yup tata is good.... free static ip being the best part
Old 19th April 2007, 08:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Since the past few days, hathway stops working from about 4pm to about 11am the next day. I am tired of dialing their "helpline" now. Pathetic morons.
Old 19th April 2007, 11:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Since the past few days, hathway stops working from about 4pm to about 11am the next day. I am tired of dialing their "helpline" now. Pathetic morons.
Just called Hathway up and threatened to drag them to consumer court. Even when I asked them to connect me to/give me the cell number of someone higher up in their heirarchy, I was flatly told they cannot do that. After some more threatening, they told me his name. So I called them up again and asked the switchboard (?) lady to connect me to him. He told me that not a single complaint of mine has been registered in all my previous phone calls!
Even after all that threatening and civilised cursing, all they could say was "We will send someone over." .
Old 19th April 2007, 13:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
And just what is stopping you from switching over to alternate service provider? You'll save lot of headache (and may be money).
Old 19th April 2007, 13:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
And just what is stopping you from switching over to alternate service provider? You'll save lot of headache (and may be money).
Laziness and cheap rates. Cheapest rates perhaps.
Old 13th May 2008, 19:07   #41
BHPian

Broadband connectivity in Kochi

Hello,

Is a broadband provider available in Kochi other than Asianet cable?

Nirmal
Old 3rd November 2014, 15:27   #42
BHPian

Re: Broadband connectivity in Pune

Reviving a sleeping thread. I am planning to move to Dhayari next month. Can anyone suggest a good broadband service provider having good service for that area ?

Currently I am enjoying stress free service from BSNL but it does not have a line for the area where I am relocating. I found out about Tata broadband, You broadband but would like some real user advice.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:16   #43
BHPian

Hey luvDriving! Even I live in the same area, not Dhayari exactly but right after the Dhayari Phata Flyover. I had a hard time finding a proper internet connection (wired) as there were none in my society.

As per my experience it completely depends on your society if they have an intercom system in place. Mine had, and they do not offer anything except BSNL and Tata Indicom. Also, there was no wireline to my building which is why I had to shell out 2K to get the wiring done and finally we have a BSNL broadband line which works well albeit with some downtime every now and then.

The best way would be to approach the society telephone 'wala' if you have one as anyway they wont allow any external lines to be laid in the society and basically no provider will oblige to give a wired line in such societies. If not, given the lack of options in Dhayari, its best to stick to BSNL broadband even if you have to shell out some amount for wiring which is a normal scam nowadays. Strictly avoid You Broadband as far as my opinion is concerned. Tata Indicom maybe considered if there. But please confirm its a wired line broadband by Tata Indicom and not Docomo. Both of these are different providers and the SLA by Docomo is one of the most pathetic examples in our country.
Old 4th November 2014, 12:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Hey luvDriving! Even I live in the same area, not Dhayari exactly but right after the Dhayari Phata Flyover. If not, given the lack of options in Dhayari, its best to stick to BSNL broadband even if you have to shell out some amount for wiring which is a normal scam nowadays.
Thanks jagzrk !

Even I was leaning towards BSNL since I already have one in my present location and its doing great. I think I will first give a try to BSNL and then look for other options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks