Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 19:32   #31
BHPian

Feel really sorry for that person! May god bless him with teachings on how to respect people who help others without expecting anything in return!

HVK Sir, please don't stop what you have been doing for so long! I feel such things are a part and parcel for all 'Great' people!
You do it because you love it! Don't stop what you love!

Just imagine, I'm a newbie and already inspired by you!

We all are there for you! All our support for you Sir!
Old 4th September 2013, 19:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Quick update:

Apparently, one of the persons (a "friend" and a person with whom I had been in touch with for 17 days before my SMS) who I sent an invite to connect with me on Whats App, promptly reported it to his service provider as being a "promotional SMS" and me as a "tele-marketer". This happened on Aug 22.

Yesterday, Loop Mobile abruptly cut my phone connection without any formal intimation to me and on enquiry, they tell me that I had been reported to be a "tele-marketer" because I had sent a SMS inviting this person to connect with me on Whats App. And the reason why Loop Mobile cut my line is because "you are sending too many SMSes" !!!!!

Yes, I am billed for 1000+ SMSes almost every month, but these are regular SMSes I send - and I have nearly 1500 in my Contacts list in my mobile, and I am in touch with many regularly.

Loop MObile could not answer my queries on how they considered 1 SMS of many as a "promotional SMS" and how they deduced that just because I send lots of SMSes regularly, I am a telemarketer.

Lots of calls to Loop MObile since today morning, no resolution seen yet, no idea when the phone will be restored, if at all - or will it be cancelled.

THis is a number I have uninterrupted for last 17 years, and it is linked to my online accounts & various other things we cannot do without in modern life.

How one prankster & an irresponsible mobile service provider can wreck your daily routine.
Dear HVKumar

We, the Team-BHP community, are with you and can vouch for your service to the team any where and at any time. Please let us know as to how we can help you in this matter.
Old 4th September 2013, 20:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

re: HV Kumar's cellphone suspended based on one lame complaint! Now Restored!

I think the concerned person who has done this has owned up on the FB forum. Seems he has done it by mistake. Lets hope the error is resolved soon!!!
Old 4th September 2013, 20:15   #34
NMS
BHPian

HVK Sir,

I have signed the petition, that's the best that I can do at this point in time.

Would really request you to not take this instance to heart !
Old 4th September 2013, 21:03   #35
BHPian

HVK is one of the kindest and the most helpful people on team bhp. I did Del-Mum-Del with his log and didn't need to switch to GPS since it was so detailed. Personally speaking I am of the opinion that HVK sir is going out of his way to help people day in and day out through the forum in question. For your own sanity with all due respect sir do what brings you peace. If this is what one gets for being always there maybe you should consider how far you want to go for people.

Last edited by AbhishekB86 : 4th September 2013 at 21:04.
Old 4th September 2013, 21:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

With this incident, I can safely presume, these days there is no point being good and doing good to others. If this can happen to HVK, I don't know where WE would stand. Shame on that guy !

Spike
Old 4th September 2013, 21:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Guys, it is a mistake on someone's part, no malice intended. Folks will be working together to correct this soon, some activities are already initiated.

What remains surprising is the speed with which the number was blocked. We still get calls from numerous agencies though we have reported multiple times. Is there a collusion between these agencies? Maybe another story for another day
Old 5th September 2013, 10:46   #38
BHPian

@ HVK sir,

Sir has the issue resolved?
We all are curious to know regarding this.
Old 5th September 2013, 11:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Latest from the FB page. posted 22 mins ago by the cheif himself

"Kumar HV : Do you know that yesterday Loop Mobile has been calling up frequently-called numbers - in my mobile - and character-assassinating me saying that my number is suspended because I have NOT paid a bill - some members in this Forum were called because in my call records, these numbers were there......? Have you heard of anything more heinous than this - does this mean that my clients have also been called up by Loop Mobile to tell them that my number has been suspended????? This looks like the biggest defamation case in Indian mobile telephony history. Member who have received any such calls are requested to please email me immediately - your testimonies will help my case. We are also calling for an investigation into all transcripts of conversations by this Loop Mobile executive."
Old 5th September 2013, 11:21   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Latest from the FB page. posted 22 mins ago by the cheif himself

"Kumar HV : Do you know that yesterday Loop Mobile has been calling up frequently-called numbers - in my mobile - and character-assassinating me saying that my number is suspended because I have NOT paid a bill - some members in this Forum were called because in my call records, these numbers were there......? Have you heard of anything more heinous than this - does this mean that my clients have also been called up by Loop Mobile to tell them that my number has been suspended????? This looks like the biggest defamation case in Indian mobile telephony history. Member who have received any such calls are requested to please email me immediately - your testimonies will help my case. We are also calling for an investigation into all transcripts of conversations by this Loop Mobile executive."
What are these guys upto? I think I have not heard anything more ridiculous in recent past. I think they have nothing much to do hence calling for a lawsuit to attend.
Old 5th September 2013, 11:35   #41
BHPian

Absolutely ridiculous, this is! It seems rather than the complainant, it is Loop that is causing further damage. Assuming the e-mail was sent for the complaint to be withdrawn, action should have been taken immediately and service restored.
All I can ask Kumar sir is to switch to a different operator after service is restored. I myself would just say to hell with the operator and trash that sim card.
Old 5th September 2013, 11:45   #42
BANNED

I think it is about time we start dumping Loop mobile.

The culprit (as expected) has not been honest enough to own up!
Old 5th September 2013, 11:58   #43
BHPian

This is getting absurd and downright illegal. Why is loop doing such things. Do they have some personal enmity. Anyway if they have called people and tried to defame you pls make a police complaint and file an FIR for defamation and also for using your call records without authorisation. Call records are personal in nature and cannot be used without either your consent or legal sanction. It is an extremely serious matter and a criminal offence.
Old 5th September 2013, 12:38   #44
BHPian

I have never spoken or been in contact with HVK, but I am one of those who had been immensely helped by his blogs and might god bless him to continue his good work for a long time in future.
Regarding the problem, it seems to be a mistake from the user, to err is human. But I don't understand why is a company bent on troubling around with somebody's life?.

I hope HVK comes out of this mess soon, and a change of provider is definitely in order!. All the best for a quick resolution HVK.
Old 5th September 2013, 17:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thats pathetic. HVK is one guy who helps selflessly and is approachable at any time. I hope this gets resolved but the strange thing here as pointed out by every one is, how can they suspend a number without affording a chance of responding to the charge? Hell even rapists and murders are allowed to have their day with the defense. Our support to HVK and yes mate drop this service provider immediately and opt for number portability unless these morons apologise and give you some concessions on tariffs. Let me know if I can help in any way in this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks