Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 21:24   #46
BHPian

re: HV Kumar's cellphone suspended based on one lame complaint! Now Restored!

HVK Sir:

1) Please sue Loop for defamation and for the unwarranted loss of service

2) Please use number portability and shift to another telecom operator who is more sensible and values their customer more.

I signed the petition as soon as I saw the link. Hope this is resolved very quickly.
Old 5th September 2013, 21:43   #47
BHPian

HVK Sir, I have signed the petition to activate your number. Hope your number will be activated soon enough. After you get the number back, its better to change the operator and retain the number itself using MNP.
Old 5th September 2013, 22:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

The principles of natural justice which flow from Article 311 of our Constitution say that no person can be punished without being given an opportunity of being heard. How come the mobile operator acted in contravention? They can be sued.

@HVK--i can feel your pain. I hope justice is done soon to you.
Old 5th September 2013, 22:38   #49
BHPian

If you follow the FB posts you could see that the person who did the reporting to TRAI has owned upto it and admitted that was a mistake from his part which he did unknowingly. And has written to Airtel about his folly. I hope the number is re-activated and HVK forgives him and comes back in full force. Else it is a big loss to the travel / touring community who uses hvks expertise.
Old 6th September 2013, 01:32   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
If you follow the FB posts you could see that the person who did the reporting to TRAI has owned upto it and admitted that was a mistake from his part which he did unknowingly. And has written to Airtel about his folly. I hope the number is re-activated and HVK forgives him and comes back in full force. Else it is a big loss to the travel / touring community who uses hvks expertise.
All sincere sounding explanations from him, but somehow I find it hard to digest that someone doing a leh trip was seriously reporting tele-marketeers to TRAI.

And then he mistakenly reports HVK.

And then claims his phone logs are clean.

Anyways, since he had the courage to speak up and take responsibility, hope issue is resolved soon.
Old 6th September 2013, 07:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
All sincere sounding explanations from him, but somehow I find it hard to digest that someone doing a leh trip was seriously reporting tele-marketeers to TRAI.

And then he mistakenly reports HVK.

And then claims his phone logs are clean.

Anyways, since he had the courage to speak up and take responsibility, hope issue is resolved soon.
HVK sir's integrity is beyond question. I always call him sir out of sheer respect.

He guided on my trip from PUNE to BLR and back.

HVK sir guided me on my trip from PUNE to DELHI and back. On my return trip, I met HVK sir at Thane. We met for lunch and HVK sir even paid for the lunch , despite the number of times I tried to grab the bill.

He is a man of character and charity, and calling him a tele-marketer is a blasphemy.

The person who did it and then claiming that it was a mistake is a low life, whose only aim is to cause pain and earn happiness out of it.

I have no idea about the mental agony that Mr HVK is going through right now, so I cannot request him to come back. I leave it to HVK sir's prerogative and respect it.
Old 6th September 2013, 10:19   #52

This is my view about how this fiasco unfolded.

1. HVK sent a message to a forum member.
2. The member while cleaning out his inbox, inadvertently marked HVK's number as Spam. No evil intentions - just a genuine boo-boo.
3. Now this is what really surprised me. Someone in Airtel actually took action over the Spam notification and reported the number to some numpty in TRAI.
4. Aforementioned TRAI goofball, took out a log of HVK's number. He saw the 1000s of SMSes originating from it, clapped his hands in delight and said to himself - "Elementary, my dear Watson ! We have our telemarketeer". He promptly sent out a red alert to Loop.
5. Loop had no choice but to obey the TRAI diktat and block HVK's number.

Unfortunately, the burden of proof is now on HVK to prove that he is not a telemarketeer. He will need to show his Outbox and prove that his messages are not commercial in nature.

Moral of the story - Use messaging apps instead of SMSes if you are a prolific texter.
Hope this gets resolved soon and things in HVK's circle get back to normal.
Old 6th September 2013, 10:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Kumar HV : Do you know that yesterday Loop Mobile has been calling up frequently-called numbers - in my mobile - and character-assassinating me saying that my number is suspended because I have NOT paid a bill -
This is absolutely moronically ridiculous!! Can they even do this?? Accessing a persons call records and then actually calling people on those numbers is a serious violation of privacy and maybe even the law.
HVK should seriously consider filing a criminal case against LOOP mobile. I know its a bit of a bother with all that running around, but we can surely rally people for support!

PS : I have personally not interacted with him, but a silent follower of his forum on Facebook and look up route updates regularly.
Old 6th September 2013, 11:18   #54
BHPian

Something isn't right here. Why would a telecom co. pick on an individual? Calling people in contact list is an illegal/unethical trick that third-party collection cos. try. I have never heard of a large telecom co. doing that.

In the email communication that HVK has attached, it's clearly mentioned that the user made a payment for the guidance and hotel bookings. It's perfectly fine for HVK to monetize his knowledge/network however, he could have avoided all this trouble by keeping his professional and personal nos. separate.

We all respect HVK for the immense knowledge that he has and more importantly for his willingness to share all that knowledge. It's difficult to expect the same from TRAI or Loop because for them, it's just a number for which they received a complaint and they could find many messages originating from that number.

Signing petitions and all wouldn't help here. HVK will have to take it up directly with Loop and there's no reason why Loop wouldn't listen or act.
Old 6th September 2013, 14:15   #55
BHPian

HVK Sir, I have signed the petition to activate your number. I have always admired your logs and they are like a bible for any travel activities we plan.

Best wishes.
Old 6th September 2013, 22:22   #56
Senior - BHPian

Communication from Loop Mobile:

"Dear Mr. Kumar,

This is with reference to the meeting we had regarding the reactivation of your Loop Mobile Number which was suspended post a NDNC complaint that was registered towards the same.

We wish to inform you that, we had appealed to TRAI to have your number revoked from the blacklist on the NCCP site (copy of the trail mail as under for your reference). However we regret to state that, there being no provision for reactivation as confirmed by members of TRAI Authority we are unable to activate the same.

We reassure you that, we will once again appeal to TRAI to make known that the complaint raised by Mr. Sandeep Kumar holding Mobile number 9810XXXXXX against you as telemarketer was erroneous. The same also being confirmed by him to his Service Provider Airtel and taking into consideration that what has transpired was a genuine mistake.

We trust that you will place your confidence in us and we are trying our very best to get your number reinstated by TRAI and not hold this incidence against us."

Last edited by Eddy : 6th September 2013 at 22:36. Reason: Masking mobile number
Old 6th September 2013, 22:29   #57
BHPian

HVK sir, I still haven't had the opportunity to drive long distances, and hence have not got an opportunity get the pin point guidance from you.
I though have got the opportunity to see you and person for a very short period of time, all I can say is that the things you are doing is something that I cannot imagine anyone doing.

When I came in here as a newbie(only a reader), I used to read 'HVK' all over the forum, but came to know the significance only after spending hours glued here. Till then, I never knew that there is someone who is helping the motoring world so humbly.

The loop mobile guys are one big thugs to deal with. Firs of all they do not have a network they can boast of, and the customer care executives don't have the respect for a customer. Disconnecting a customer's service based on one complaint, I have given them 'n' number of complaints about their service and they don't seem to do any damn thing about it. All I can do is hope that your very same number gets activated again and you continue to help the motoring community, though we leave that decesion to you and respect it as well.

EDIT: just saw HVK sir's post.
Very sad to hear that sir and I hope that the numbers gets activated. What problem do the TRAI guys should have when the person who complained is ready to acknowledge his mistake.

Last edited by carzone : 6th September 2013 at 22:33.
Old 6th September 2013, 22:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

Can we in the interest of the motoring community send SMSs to the complainant's number mentioned in HVK's post above, requesting him to withdraw the complaint in which he had erroneously termed HVK a telemarketer.

Last edited by rajeev k : 6th September 2013 at 22:40.
Old 6th September 2013, 22:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_wheel View Post
T

Unfortunately, the burden of proof is now on HVK to prove that he is not a telemarketeer. He will need to show his Outbox and prove that his messages are not commercial in nature.
Telcos have transcripts of all calls & messages - and they are self-explanatory. They also have specific protocols to establish a person as a telemarketer, and none of those will be validated in my case.

Quote:
Moral of the story - Use messaging apps instead of SMSes if you are a prolific texter.
Hope this gets resolved soon and things in HVK's circle get back to normal.
Sandeep Kumar requested me for my number - and when I replied to him, and also sent a SMS asking him to connect to me on Whats App, he termed that as a promotional SMS (i.e. the standard SMS "Hi, I am using Whats App. Please connect with me on Whats App") & reported me to Airtel - and my mobile company Loop MObile "investigated" the complaint & found me to be a telemarketer without even reading the contents of my SMS (in their own admission in their meeting with me in my office today) - they must be superhuman to evaluate a SMS as a "promotional" SMS without even knowing its contents....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Can we in the interest of the motoring community send SMSs to the complainant's number mentioned in HVK's post above, requesting him to withdraw the complaint in which he had erroneously termed HVK a telemarketer.
He has already withdrawn his complaint, and Loop MObile requested TRAI to allow them to reactivate my number - which has been apparently refused by TRAI in their own wisdom.
Old 7th September 2013, 13:13   #60
Senior - BHPian

HVK,

Looks like all that can go wrong with the system is happening here.

All due to a person 'mistake''!

Hope you get the number reactivated and the first order of business might be to change the provider.

Also, hope the petition serves a purpose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks