Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 13:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

HV Kumar's cellphone suspended based on one lame complaint! Now Restored!

Guys,

Just came across this on FB. I am a regular follower of H V K Forum / FB page. being a roadie / foodie this forum is my bible. It was upsetting to read that someone filed a complaint with TRAI that HVK is a tele-marketer and TRAI actually suspended his mobile number.

Below are the 3 posts from his FB Page :

Kumar HV
Ladies & Gentlemen, I regret to inform you that one of the members in this Forum lodged a complaint with TRAI that I am a tele-marketer & this has led to my mobile number being suspended since 930 am yesterday, and it is expected that the number will be cancelled. The SMS of mine which was complained against, was sent to a member here who I am helping in Ladakh, with detailed route plans, daily route guidance & hotel rooms. Yes, even yesterday evening, we had helped him find a hotel room in Keylong. My number has been the same since the year 1996, and it is not an easy task transiting from it since it is linked to my online accounts & other essential utilities. However, I wish to tell you that henceforth, my telephone numbers will no more be available for anyone to call, I will not send any more SMSes to "friends", especially members of this Forum, and if anyone wants guidance on Indian highways, they may go elsewhere.

Kumar HV
More on the circumstances behind the suspension of my mobile number by Loop Mobile. Here is the full text of correspondence exchanged with the HVK Forum member (name & details masked) starting on Aug 5, 2013, when he wanted my help for his Ladakh trip through 15 mails on Aug 22, 2013, at 1638 hrs, when I gave him my mobile number (at his specific request) - and I also sent him a SMS at the same time - this was the SMS sent by me at 1639 hrs on Aug 22, 2013, that was reported by him. He complained to his Airtel service provider - and they in turn to TRAI - that I had sent him a message promoting a Whats App Group..... read the document carefully & make your conclusions about
H V Kumar, "Tele Marketer", also running a "commercial" Whats App group (as per the member, Airtel, TRAI & Loop Mobile) .........

Kumar HV
HVK Store & Central Hotel Desk are suspended indefinitely. I will also not be taking any calls, messages or mails from anyone seeking my help or guidance on their travels

A member has also started an online petition.

https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitio...-mobile-number

@MODS Hope i have got this in the right section.

Regards,
Old 4th September 2013, 14:20   #2
BHPian

re: HVK Store & Central Hotel Desk are suspended indefinitely

Yes I also have subscribed to HWK forum on FB and it was very sad to hear about what happened. HVK Sir, your information and advice to fellow travelers is irreplaceable. I do hope this issue is sorted out soon. Otherwise it will be a huge blow to the motoring fraternity.
Old 4th September 2013, 14:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

It is rather ridiculous. One should suspend a tele-marketeer on the basis of substantial proof and/or multiple complaints.

I hope this is resolved
Old 4th September 2013, 14:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Boy oh boy, wait till someone gets hold of the details of this person who reported HVK. The backlash would be massive.

I dont know why someone would do that to a person who is volunteering to assist others.

To HVK sir, I am sure you know this, but to repeat the obvious. Please do not lose heart due to one or two bad apples. The others benefit tremendously from what you do. I hope you have the strength and inclination to continue the good work though I can only imagine how much you feel let down by this incident.

Last edited by selfdrive : 4th September 2013 at 14:32. Reason: typo
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 14:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Insane, why would someone complain about HVK being a telemarketeer? And surely there must be some redressal mechanism to sort out such cases. TRAI has to prove that the person is a telemarketeer, and not suspend service to a mobile number, based on a false complaint.

A real loss to the motoring community in India if HVK does not share any inputs from now onwards.
Old 4th September 2013, 14:34   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

How could TRAI do this? They have totally failed to reign in the actual telemarketing numbers and now this makes them look awkwardly and outright stupid. I keep on getting calls on my numbers and even on my landline, and the buggers calling on my number have the audacity to say- Go, lodge a complaint wherever you want to. All my numbers are subscribed to DND but it doesn't work.
I'm still not able to understand as to why that forum member has acted like this. His name and number should be made public. Why should everyone suffer due to an idiot? I fail to reason why this unmanly behaviour.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 14:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

What i don't get is, how can TRAI suspend a service based on just one complaint without investigating into the matter? And what about all those telemarketing calls that actually exist and get through the so called "DND" service?

This means one can just complain against anyone stating they text too much and have their services suspended? Is it that simple? or rather; RIDICULOUS?

Yesterday i got a "hoax" call stating they are calling from a xyz bank (i am a customer with) and went on and on offering something i wasn't interested in, So i asked that person to hang up and never call again else i will lodge a complaint and came the prompt response "do whatever you can, we are not afraid". To which i called the bank I raised a complaint and they told me they never make such calls and the number i gave them isn't even registered in their data base. The CC rep even went on to warn me that such callers take your details such as address, PAN card etc and mis use the same.

TRAI is unable to stop these bunch of loosers and instead stopping services of a person who is selflessly helping people out there with no commercial gain.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 4th September 2013 at 14:43.
Old 4th September 2013, 15:48   #8
BHPian

I have signed the same,

Request all to sign

http://chn.ge/18CfICG

Click on the above link to sign the pettition.

Request GTO & Mods for the support,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 4th September 2013, 15:58   #9
BHPian

Who is this HVK, I have read his name on the forum other times also.
Old 4th September 2013, 16:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
May be this will answer your query

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._V._Kumar

Regards,
Old 4th September 2013, 16:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunate to hear.

Who is a tele-marketer? According to TRAI, this is what is stated.

HV Kumar's cellphone suspended based on one lame complaint! Now Restored!-trai.jpg
Old 4th September 2013, 16:04   #12
BANNED

Quote:
http://chn.ge/18CfICG

[u]Click on the above link to sign the pettition.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
I have checked the above link and signed.Thanks Anupam.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th September 2013 at 17:05. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 4th September 2013, 16:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quick update:

Apparently, one of the persons (a "friend" and a person with whom I had been in touch with for 17 days before my SMS) who I sent an invite to connect with me on Whats App, promptly reported it to his service provider as being a "promotional SMS" and me as a "tele-marketer". This happened on Aug 22.

Yesterday, Loop Mobile abruptly cut my phone connection without any formal intimation to me and on enquiry, they tell me that I had been reported to be a "tele-marketer" because I had sent a SMS inviting this person to connect with me on Whats App. And the reason why Loop Mobile cut my line is because "you are sending too many SMSes" !!!!!

Yes, I am billed for 1000+ SMSes almost every month, but these are regular SMSes I send - and I have nearly 1500 in my Contacts list in my mobile, and I am in touch with many regularly.

Loop MObile could not answer my queries on how they considered 1 SMS of many as a "promotional SMS" and how they deduced that just because I send lots of SMSes regularly, I am a telemarketer.

Lots of calls to Loop MObile since today morning, no resolution seen yet, no idea when the phone will be restored, if at all - or will it be cancelled.

THis is a number I have uninterrupted for last 17 years, and it is linked to my online accounts & various other things we cannot do without in modern life.

How one prankster & an irresponsible mobile service provider can wreck your daily routine.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 16:19   #14
BHPian

wait, what? Why would someone shoot themselves in the foot like this? Pretty obvious that the complaint was only by one person and by no basis should the number be instantly deactivated by TRAI. This is just so wrong. HVK sir, please do not take this incident to heart since you are one of the most knowledgeable people with regards to motoring. Also, i would like to find out who this guy is, whoever made the complaint on why he did it because HVK sir has only helped everyone and many travelogues are a testimony to him.

Sir, please do not stop giving out help just because of this, a lot of the travellers who were going out into the unknown have called you and i personally do not know anyone with as much knowledge about places as you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
THis is a number I have uninterrupted for last 17 years, and it is linked to my online accounts & various other things we cannot do without in modern life.

How one prankster & an irresponsible mobile service provider can wreck your daily routine.
Sir, they deactivated your service just like that? Sir please ask them for proof of the same on how a whatsapp is considered to be telemarketing? Also, sending messages to a 1000 other people and none of them have complained... So i don't see a basis for Loop mobile's lopsided approach.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 4th September 2013 at 16:29.
Old 4th September 2013, 16:31   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/hvkumar.html

There you go

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks