Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2013, 09:07   #46
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I'm saddened to read this. He must have been a generous and kind hearted person, a true gentleman who lived and breathed automobiles.

May his kind soul rest in peace. I pray that the Almighty God gives his family the strength to overcome this tragic loss. My heartfelt condolences to those who had formed strong bonds of friendship with such a wonderful person.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:15   #47
BHPian

re: R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm

Really a sad news...let the departed soul rest in peace
Old 10th September 2013, 10:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

RIP Suren. I do not know you personally, but the sadness is still the same.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

It's still hard to believe that Suren Anna is no more with us. Was shocked to get the news yesterday morning, and it took me some time for the reality to sink in.

It is hard to imagine that we will not see messages from him anymore on our regular interaction forum.

After missing several chances of meeting him in person, god was generous enough to give me one more chance to meet him, that too in a party hosted by him.

Never felt, that we were meeting for the first time, his presence is enough to make everybody comfortable. Calmness and wit came easily to him. All the humor, style and charm came naturally to him.

Sadly, my first meeting with him, turned out to be the last.

Have heard great anecdotes about him from the fellow tbhpians and I am sure we all would miss his presence greatly.

Rest in peace Suren Anna, you will always be missed.

May god give strength to family to cope up with this huge loss.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:30   #50
BHPian

Suren181 aka Surenderan Bhaskaran (29/07/1968-09/09/2013) had joined TBHP on 08-Aug-2006.

His profile on TBHP :
R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-surenprofile.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/suren181.html

His 1st post on TBHP :
R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-1stpost.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...tml#post272545

His last post on TBHP :
R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-lastpost.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2827841

May God rest his soul in peace and give strength to his family to bear the great loss!
Old 10th September 2013, 10:31   #51
BHPian

Huge loss for the community, you hardly come across such full of life characters these days. RIP Sir.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

RIP Chief. Really sad for the family.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:09   #53
BHPian

He was a sweet person and was full of life. Met him few times on the drive meets and thoroughly enjoyed his company.

May his soul rest in peace.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:39   #54
BHPian

Had meet suren Anna during one of the drives to Nagarjun Sagar , i had locked my keys inside , he had called his mechanic & contacts at hyundai to find a solution for opening with minimal damage .He was a lively person ,i connected well since he spoke tamil aswell and his words were very reassuring like an elder brother.

RIP Suren Anna
Old 10th September 2013, 11:52   #55
BHPian

A Great Loss. I miss him despite knowing him for a very short time (14 months). Rest in Peace Suren

May his family get all the strength to go through this unfortunate event. I am still not able to digest that he is no more.

My first meeting with him. Gachibowli ORR Junction:01-Jul-2012.
  • R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-dsc_0854.jpg

I met Suren for the first time on 01-Jul-2012 during my first TBHP Hyderabad drive meet. At that time, I had my 2003 Indica V2. I was returning midway in the first lap as the V2 was not in top condition.
On his return lap, Suren stopped and inquired with me on my status & went ahead after getting convinced that all was well. He had that caring & comforting touch in him (I was a no-one when I first met him. He had no reason to stop. No reason to inquire.)
Right that moment, without knowing him any further, without meeting a second day, after the few first impressions, I had a special place for him in my heart. I came to know of his trophies and accomplishments only a couple of months ago when I visited his place with my brother for a personal reason.

I even managed to park right next to his vehicle that day. A fond memory, though, both me and him are not in the picture & my V2 is sold.
  • R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-img_0461.jpg
Old 10th September 2013, 11:52   #56
BHPian

RIP Suren Anna, Miss you and your witty one liner's. I know the innumerous help that you have provided when I was struck.
Old 11th September 2013, 23:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Munshi for starting this thread. Very thoughtful of you.

I always disliked calls around 3.45 a.m. now I absolutely detest them for it was about that time that Prabhu called me and told me in a sombre tone to come over to Suren's place immediately.

How does one introduce Suren? Let me start with his self-introduction on this forum:

"Hello there BHPians. Me, am Suren a 38 year old from Hyderabad with still some adrenaline rush left in me. I am in business (mundane types). Love cars (know thats one thing we all here have in common). My car at the moment is a Santro Zip plus 2002 model and I'm lovin it (Mcdonalds ishtyle). I heard of Team-bhp from a google search I did for something a while back and ever since then have been visiting this forum for more gyaan. Guys I need to hand it to you guys for all the gyaan thats doled out for free (puhleeeees dont make it a pay to view site now). Hoping to get to know y'all much better as days go by."

That is typical of Suren, Crisp and to the point, a tad self-deprecatory but filled with wit and humour. I met Suren on my first TBHP drive some 5 years ago when he landed up in Hyderabad's fastest Zen that he had goaded Prabhu to build. Since then, there has been no looking back.

He was a student of literature in college but one would never guess that looking at him fiddling with things mechanical. Suren loved life and anything to do with wheels as well as technology. But he was very much a 'people' person. He had tremendous charm and a great sense of humour. He was quick to see the funny side of any situation and his one liners are legendary. He had a way with words and could play with them at will.

Suren loved automobiles and driving. He was a fantastic driver on the drag-strip as well as the highways. He excelled at judging corners and curves and would guide the car through them with grace. He was quick but efficient and surefooted. He knew exactly what each of his wheels were doing and balanced the power, steering input and braking to see the car safely through. He won several prizes in the Indian Open and Unrestricted class in Drag racing and was the first Indian National Drag Racing Championship in his class among Diesels.

Suren always thought out of the box and was the one who conceptualised India’s first successful mid-engined rear wheel drive drag racer and gave the blueprint for the same. It is thanks to him that the Peugeot 309 with a 2400CC Honda engine planted behind the driver was born.

Suren took a keen interest in classic cars and bikes too and the thread started by him on “Classics available for sale” renders yeomen service. In addition to his regular drive, he owned a 1957 Elegant which he restored ground up. He also owned a Rajdoot (Bobby) and a Vespa as well as a pair of the first generation Maruti Suzuki 800s.

On a personal level, Suren was always only a phone call away whenever anyone in his wide circle of friends needed anything or were in a crisis. He was warm and was a fantastic host. There was never a dull moment when Suren was around.

Here are a few pics that I have:

R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-p1070351.jpg
Suren (extreme left) with the Mid-engined RWD drag car he conceptualised.

R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-p1070364.jpg
Suren on the podium winning in the car he gave the concept for

R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-p1080107.jpg
Suren (4th from right) with others at one of the Drag races in Hyderabad

R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-p1080116.jpg
Suren (centre) on the podium after the team swept the event

R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-p1090414.jpg
Suren overseeing his 'stable' in the pits at Kari Motorspeedway Coimbatore

R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-p1090468.jpg
Suren (3rd from right) posing with the successful team (drivers and technicians)

R.I.P. - Suren181 aka Chief_Memorial Meet on Sep 14, 4:00pm-p1090550.jpg
There never ever was a dull moment when Suren was around!

God bless you Chief for all you have given us. We shall miss you a lot mate.
Old 11th September 2013, 23:41   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Very sad news for us to digest
As I see so many links and pictures referring to the life and times of Suren Anna, its becoming all the more tougher to believe that such a lively member is no more.

May his soul rest in peace.
Old 12th September 2013, 00:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Really saddening to read all the posts in this thread. The good always leave us too soon! RIP Suren
Old 12th September 2013, 02:25   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
We lost a great comrade in our Tbhp circle, Suren tragically passed away due to a heart attack in the early hours of 9th September 2013
I've been to only one TeamBHP meetup, which was in Hyderabad, and Suren is one of the people I met at the event. He was friendly and witty, and made the new folk at the TeamBHP meet feel like family. He will be missed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks