Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2006, 11:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Surprise, I fully agree with you. I can vouch for it from personal experience.

I was probably the only (or among very few) employee in my previous company, which had around 300+ people, who never claimed conveyance reimbursement/Medical reimbursement. People used to submit fake conveyance claims/medical bills. (Ours was an R&D organization, where people used to claim traveling all parts of the city everyday). I was more often than not ridiculed by friends and colleagues alike, such as "Tumhaare paas bahot paise hai kya?".

Someone in IT department woke up one fine day and asked company about it. Next month onwards, at least "conveyance reimbursement" was withdrawn.
Old 15th June 2006, 11:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
If he finds ways to save tax, that's another thread if you want!
I beg to differ here. It may not called as bribe, but it still indicates corruption. (s)he is not "saving" tax, but "evading" tax. My 2 cents!
Old 15th June 2006, 12:01   #48
Team-BHP Support

I am not denying that tax evasion is wrong and illegal. It is against the law. But, just as driving over the speed limit and committing a murder are both against the law, they are different degree's of crimes.

Also, by evading tax, a person is not holding someone else's business at ransom.
Old 15th June 2006, 12:16   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ok to bring back things to cops , didnt anyone read todays newspaper ??

Here is a shocking story .. A few days back at hudson circle i guy driving his car nudged a slower moving car in heavy traffic .. The owner of the car that was ahead (lets call it car 2) came out with his co and started yelling at the owner of car 1 .. Soon there arrived a cop and he handled the situation very well .. The owner of the 1st car had to get to a meeting at any cost and couldnt miss it , however the owner of the 2nd wouldnt let him go as both didnt have money to pay for the damages .. So the owner of the 1st car asked the owner of the 2nd to get the car repaired and send the bill across to his house but this guy just woulnt accept ..

Knowing how imp the meeting was to the owner of the 1st car , and knowing that he neither had the money to pay up for the damages the cop took 600 bucks from HIS OWN pocket and handed it over to the owner of the 2nd car and asked him to leave .. The cop then requested the owner of the 1st car to return his money asap and left even without collecting his license as a make shift till he returns the money .. The next day when a friend of the 1st owner went to return the money to the cop , the cop was shocked to see that .. He actually never expected the money to return .. Read this in todays Deccan Herald ..

Moral : We shouldnt generalize , for such noble people will always exists .. Secondly hats of to this cop for handling the situation so well .. What india needs is plenty more of such people ..
Old 15th June 2006, 12:21   #50
Team-BHP Support

A cop in Mumbai, in an effort to stop a bicycle rider, pushed him down right into the path of an oncoming bus, which ran over the rider. The bicycle rider was then left lying on the ground bleeding for 20 mins. with the cop just looking before he was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced D.O.A.

We need less of such people.
Old 16th June 2006, 10:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
...Triple the salary and quadrapule the anti-corruption enforcement effort...if that will be enough...
So simple? How do you explain what Kenneth Lay did? The psychology of corruption has its roots planted inside desire for power. See, for example, this...
Old 26th February 2008, 15:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
We talk about paying bribes as the outflow is from our side to get the job done. It would not be interesting to run a poll with the following options

I don't have a driver, but claim the driver reimbursement to save tax

yes or no

I do stay in a own house, but claim HRA to save tax

yes or no
Its tax time again . Just wanted to find out any guys out there not making any false claims
Old 26th February 2008, 15:39   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I'll give you a common example. You apply for a power connection and nothing happens. You visit the office repeatedly and find out that they won't move the file unless palms are greased. Corruption in government offfices is not an individual trait. It is a collective pool, everybody gets their cut, all the way up.
My dad is going through a similar agony now, in his quest to set up a small business in our hometown, after his retirement. Having spent close to 30 years in the Gulf he is not used to the palming ways of working in our great country. He now suffers, and can only complain.
Old 26th February 2008, 18:14   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Its tax time again . Just wanted to find out any guys out there not making any false claims
"I do stay in a own house, but claim HRA to save tax"

I would not count this under worng things. If you are staying in the house that is in ur parent's name, and you make some contribution to the household expenditure, you can claim that money spent as rent paid to your parents for staying in there house and avail tax benifit for that. Nothing wrong, nothing illegal, nothing corrupt here.

Ok..things get dirty if ur dad dosent ad that "rent" into his income

Would like to add "cop" experience as well.

A few days back, early in the morning I was caugt by a cop driving in the wrong direction on the one way raod(that was unintentional ok), I was ready to pay the fine(values instilled by tbhp), but the cop was like, no fine saar, pay 100 bucks and go, I was like no no you please take the fine and give me the reciept.

He finally told me, if you insist, wait till 8 am(it was 5 am then) the Inspector to come, he'll find 10 more voilations and then you can pay all what you want to Kumaraswamy!

Not to mention I left after bargaining for 75 bucks.

Regards,
Old 12th October 2010, 12:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

How to deal with corruption in govt offices? .

If we don't give money , we need to run around many times and the delay is quite lengthy . That I dont give in,but its really sick he ask openly .Like "give saar at your pleasure " ... .

I am trying to get khata for our property and the docs they ask is quite lengthy and if you grease ,the papers list just vanishes . Its a simple document and they make you run around like hell.
Ours was under CMC and now have come under BBMP . It does not have have land conversion document .The revenue inspector looks all the documents and says he needs Land conversion doc ,where the hell should I get it ? .Obviously hes wants something. Let me see how much I can cope with these bassdards .Now I have to take him personally to our property ,show it and drop him back to his office it seems, that's what he says ! .

Last edited by black12rr : 12th October 2010 at 12:35.
Old 12th April 2012, 15:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Anti Corruption drive - sightings of greasy policemen

All of us who have driven on our roads have witnessed cops taking bribes instead of collecting the fine and letting off the offender / victim which ever case it may be. Recently I spotted the cops in action just below the flyover near the toll at Electronic city Bangalore having a field day chasing down the truckers and collecting their cuts and letting them pass by. As a concerted effort we can atleast post such sightings or bring in light such malpractices to lend a small hand in bringing the corrupt out in the public.
Since its an old thread instead of creating anew we could take this forward with the above title and post our comments and photos on this subject.

Last edited by girishglg : 12th April 2012 at 15:57. Reason: Since its an old thread we could take this forward with the above title - Anti Corruption drive - sightings of greasy police

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks