Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2006, 11:00   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

Does anyone know when it is releasing in India. I last heard it was supposed to be released on June 16th, but that has obviously not happened.

Viper
Hey Viper,

Release date in india is 28 July.
Here is the link.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 20th June 2006, 11:42   #92
Team-BHP Support

Did not like the movie at all. A little too unrealistic. And if I wanted to watch some cool drifts, I can download videos. The point of a movie is that it should have a "story". Its like saying you put in 10 different martial arts scenes in a movie which make no sense and then call it a story.
Part one was good. Yes bad acting, poor execution in places, but it had a story and kept you interested.
This movie has some cool drifting scenes. You with you could fast forward the dialog and watch the races
Old 21st June 2006, 00:02   #93
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Yep ... tanveer is right the story line fails miserably. I'm sure the yakuza have better and more important things to do rather than watch drifting. Only good part was Vin Diesel at the end . You can get better drifting movies on best motoring or metacafe.

Worth watching once and your gf won't like it ...u've been warned!

cheers
Old 21st June 2006, 21:34   #94
Senior - BHPian

ey any one know the name of the song which plays in the begining of the movie...

Rev
Old 29th June 2006, 15:19   #95
BHPian

New Car Movie: Tokyo Drift

Saw the sequel to Fast and Furious and 2 fast 2 Furious. Called Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.
Crappy story, but who cares about the story. We are interested in the stunts and the cars. Both were very good in the movie.
The main hero Han has a Nissan 350Z while the other prominent cars are the Nissan Silvia (240SX), Mustang etc.
It has some crazy drifting stunts including one in the parking lot which is simply awesome. The girls also are pretty good, although almost all of them are Japanese. And it has Vin Diesel in a guest appearance in the end.
Won't spoil it for you guys. So enjoy the movie.
The story though is a lot like Initial D (the Japanese movie).
Old 15th July 2006, 16:16   #96
BHPian

"Too Bad Too Sucks" should be the name of "TOkyo Drift" movie didnt liked it at all bad direction poor star cast the best was the 1st part followed by 2nd & third is worst. Ya Vin deisel appearance in the end does brings some excitement.
Old 15th July 2006, 16:53   #97
BHPian

Didn't like the movie except for some drifts. I was waiting to see Vin Diesel in the movie n guess what ?? He has an appearance not longer than 10 secs .
Old 15th July 2006, 17:31   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
ey any one know the name of the song which plays in the begining of the movie...

Rev
Hey Rev the name of the song Six days(remix)..amazing song.Pm me with your mail id if u want the song i ll mail it you.Cheers!!!
Old 22nd September 2006, 18:16   #99
mxx
BHPian

I saw the Tokyo Drift last week. Now I have to tell, that I dint hear any reviews so went with absolutely no expectation. And mayb because of that, I liked the movie. More over I thought the races wont be as exciting because its mostly drift. I was wrong on that. The music was also good. And this is to be seen at the cinema. If you see it in some bootlegged cd, then you will miss the excitement.

PS: Many post say that the storyline was not good. Hey, who would go to see a hollywood action movie for a storyline?? Most of the action movie hardly have a convincing storyline. Just enjoy the thrills

Last edited by mxx : 22nd September 2006 at 18:18.
Old 22nd September 2006, 18:22   #100
Senior - BHPian

Saw it. Liked it. Just don't compare it to the original, and it's way better than your average hollywood flick. The critics were a tad too harsh, IMHO.
Old 22nd September 2006, 19:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys.. another cool song is Resound by Dragon Ash.. when Han Drifts around the babes in the mivie..
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:37   #102
BHPian

Its an OK movie.Original still rocks !
THe hero is pathetic IMHO.Haan looks more cool....anyways..drifts are good.

One query though,Pardon my noobishness but the car used in the last drift is an american muscle,if i am right,are Americ muscle really neat for drifts ?
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:56   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey
One query though,Pardon my noobishness but the car used in the last drift is an american muscle,if i am right,are Americ muscle really neat for drifts ?
American muscle was powered by a Japanese Nissan engine
Old 23rd September 2006, 13:34   #104
BHPian

Aah my guess was right...But my main question is,Is American Muscle a good thing for drifting ?
Old 25th September 2006, 12:35   #105
BHPian

A good car for drifting can be any with rear wheel drive and decent power. It is not nationality dependent. Ofcourse the suspension has to be tuned as well.

Most Viewed