Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2004, 15:30   #1
BHPian

Hey guys..well it turns out..im commin to Bangalore soon for medical school..so i'll be there for the next 4-4 and a half years. I need a car to get around town..to school..what not. Who sells imported cars for good prices in bangalore..preferablly maybe with automatic transmissions? Also..do u think i hould bring my 6 from the states..or is it just better to leave it there?
Old 23rd September 2004, 22:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] Also..do u think i hould bring my 6 from the states..or is it just better to leave it there?
pls. have mercy on it. if its a 6 series u're bringin'
Old 24th September 2004, 01:28   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (CaliAtenza @ Sep. 23 2004,14:00)]im commin to Bangalore soon for medical school..so i'll be there for the next 4-4 and a half years. I need a car to get around town..
Suggest you spend some time here in Bangalore before you pick up any imported car. Going by the traffic condition nowadays, you may pick up some Indian hatch bach with auto box. Bringing in what you have there will give you only enough amount of frustration.
Old 24th September 2004, 06:05   #4
Team-BHP Support

Nitrous, he means a Mazda 6.

Caliatenza, i dont think bringing ur car makes much sense at all.... as Rudra said, hang around a bit and then decide what you wanna pick up in bangalore.

cya
R
Old 24th September 2004, 06:11   #5
BHPian

yup i have to agree with rehan..much better to leave your car or sell it if no one is going to be using it and buy something here..for autos depending on how much you might want to spend..look for a used C class..you can get it around 20k USD i think

cheers
Old 24th September 2004, 06:45   #6
BHPian

yeah i'll prolly leave my 6 here. I was thinking to pick up maybe a japanese sports coupe or sports car in bangalore..i might as well cause i'll be there for some time. Driving a real econobox doesn't make me happy much, lol. I can learn stick, thats no problem...but yeah i'll prolly start off with a 2 wheeler or somethin in teh beginning, we'll see. Any dealers for imported cars i should check out?
Old 24th September 2004, 08:23   #7
BHPian

what sort of a coupe are you looking for..what would be your budget? celica kinds? miata kinds? get the accord coupe imported if you can, that would be awesome..i dont know if you get the accord coupe in japan, but if you do , that would be pretty nice..
Old 24th September 2004, 10:10   #8
Team-BHP Support

note that LHD cars cannot be imported
Old 24th September 2004, 10:33   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ Sep. 23 2004,20:40)]note that LHD cars cannot be imported
yes thats a good point i forgot to mention

but man there has to be a way..cant we lobby against this stupid rule? has to be something we can do?

what if you know some embassy guys really well..ask them to import it..when they have embassy auction cant commoners buy those machines? if so..have your friend bring it in, put it on auction after a year and thats it..for that 1 year..he can hand you the keys
i know its not possible..i wish it was...
Old 24th September 2004, 12:36   #10
Tom
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (CaliAtenza @ Sep. 24 2004,05:15)]yeah i'll prolly leave my 6 here. I was thinking to pick up maybe a japanese sports coupe or sports car in bangalore..i might as well cause i'll be there for some time. Driving a real econobox doesn't make me happy much, lol. I can learn stick, thats no problem...but yeah i'll prolly start off with a 2 wheeler or somethin in teh beginning, we'll see.
as for the 2 wheeler....the Bajaj CT 100 would be a good choice if u dont bring ur 6

Old 24th September 2004, 12:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

hey cali
if u r gonna learn to drive a stick shift, buy a vtec here, dude!
team bhp's fav car
Old 24th September 2004, 13:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (_Crazi4Speed_ @ Sep. 24 2004,06:53)]what sort of a coupe are you looking for..what would be your budget? celica kinds? miata kinds? get the accord coupe imported if you can, that would be awesome..i dont know if you get the accord coupe in japan, but if you do , that would be pretty nice..
yeah the accord coupe is US only...same with my Mazda6s. Um, i was prolly looking at a few japanese cars..maybe a Integra Type R, Civic Type R, Toyota MR2...Supra...iono, whatever i can get for a good price. I kinda want maybe a Integra or Civic Type R cause i've always wanted those..lol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks