Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 09:17   #166
Senior - BHPian

This is grim news indeed. However given the fan following, we can definitely expect a statement from the family soon. Till then no use speculating. The legend is definitely fighting, but all we can do is pray for him.
Old 5th February 2016, 16:07   #167
BANNED

Re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!

Pray to the almighty to get him out of whatever he is now having. A body in a weakened state finds it increasingly tough to reverse any adverse development. I hope it turns out to be a false alarm.
Old 5th February 2016, 17:08   #168
Mik
BHPian

Re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!

In one of the original news sources for this particular update - someone commented that what the person meant was that there was no 'good news' update about recovery.
It is not as if there is 'bad news'.
We keep clinging on to any hope.
Michael Keeps Fighting.
Old 21st September 2016, 13:26   #169
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Latest update from his lawyer:

Quote:
Schumacher's lawyer, Felix Damm, was arguing his right to privacy when he stressed the point: "He cannot walk." He added that Schumacher is unable to stand even with the assistance of therapists.

Bunte claimed that an unnamed friend of Michael's had said: "Michael is very thin. But he can once again walk a little with the help of his therapists.
Old 8th November 2016, 11:48   #170
Senior - BHPian

Some good news on Michael from Ross Brawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Brawn
"The family have chosen to conduct Michael's convalescence in private and I must respect that," Brawn told BBC Sport.

"There are encouraging signs and we are all praying every day that we see more of them. So it is difficult for me to say very much and respect the family's privacy.

"All I would say is there is a lot of speculation about Michael's condition. Most of it is wrong and we just pray and hope every day that we continue to see some progress and that one day we can see Michael out and about and recovered from his terrible injuries."

And saw this beautiful story in one of comments on that article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLyles
Met him while out bicycling near Geneva in 2002, both of us solo. He was surprised I was a Yank, I was surprised he was Schumi!

He was gracious enough to let me take his photo with my Palm Tungsten W to prove that I met him for my 9 yr old Schumi fanatic son. We attended Monte Carlo in May that year, though David Coulthard won that race and his brother Ralf blew his engine right in front of us. We were visiting close friends near Geneva when this meeting occurred and my son went with Mom and our friends' kids shopping.

My W was pre-release as Palm was my customer. Schumi loved it so much, I sent one to him from my son for Christmas. Michael sent him a personal Christmas card, personally sighed with a little note, along with an autographed Ferrari hat. And.... The return address was his home address.

Our now 23 yr old son still lights up like a 9 yr old wherever he tells this story. We hope against hope that he regains the ability to speak with his family and interact with them to a reasonable degree.
#Keepfightingmichael
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:08   #171
BHPian

Best Wishes to Michael Schumacher ok his birthday. Keep fighting. We sincerely hope to see you responding to your fan's prayers and requests.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:50   #172
BANNED

I also join you in wishing the greatest a very happy birthday. I hope we get an update from someone who knows.
Old 15th August 2018, 23:50   #173
BHPian

Not sure of the authenticity of this piece of news, but it's something after a long while ...

Source : https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2...ving-to-spain/

Michael Schumacher moving to Spain
Today, 19:47 , by Matthew Scott

Michael Schumacher will move with his family to a new house on the Spanish island of Majorca, it has been revealed. The record-breaking Formula 1 icon is set to move to a mansion in the exclusive town of Andratx, which has an estimated population of just 11,000.

Schumacher's wife Corinna purchased the property for an estimated €30million earlier this year.

The mansion had previously belonged to the president of Real Madrid, Florentino Perez, and comes set in an estate measuring 161,000 square feet.

It brings fresh interest into the condition of seven-time F1 champion Schumacher, who has not been seen publicly since suffering serious injuries in a skiing accident in 2013.

Schumacher was placed into a coma for six months and has been recovering at his home in Switzerland since September 2014.

However, it now appears that he is fit enough to make the journey to Spain.

"I can officially confirm that Michael Schumacher will come to settle in our community and that everything is set up here to welcome him," Andratx mayor, Katia Rouarch, told L'illustre.

https://twitter.com/ArnaudBedat/stat...ng-to-spain%2F

According to the Swiss publication, local authorities are prepared for the arrival of Schumacher, a record-breaking winner of 91 grands prix in the most decorated career in F1 history.

It is unclear whether the Spanish mansion will become the permanent residence for Schuamcher, who will turn 50 in January.
Old 16th August 2018, 09:00   #174
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
Not sure of the authenticity of this piece of news, but it's something after a long while ...

Source : https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2...ving-to-spain/

Michael Schumacher moving to Spain
Today, 19:47 , by Matthew Scott

Michael Schumacher will move with his family to a new house on the Spanish island of Majorca, it has been revealed. The record-breaking Formula 1 icon is set to move to a mansion in the exclusive town of Andratx, which has an estimated population of just 11,000.

Schumacher's wife Corinna purchased the property for an estimated €30million earlier this year.

The mansion had previously belonged to the president of Real Madrid, Florentino Perez, and comes set in an estate measuring 161,000 square feet.

It brings fresh interest into the condition of seven-time F1 champion Schumacher, who has not been seen publicly since suffering serious injuries in a skiing accident in 2013.

Schumacher was placed into a coma for six months and has been recovering at his home in Switzerland since September 2014.

However, it now appears that he is fit enough to make the journey to Spain.

"I can officially confirm that Michael Schumacher will come to settle in our community and that everything is set up here to welcome him," Andratx mayor, Katia Rouarch, told L'illustre.

https://twitter.com/ArnaudBedat/stat...ng-to-spain%2F

According to the Swiss publication, local authorities are prepared for the arrival of Schumacher, a record-breaking winner of 91 grands prix in the most decorated career in F1 history.
The best news for years. I will love to see him trackside. This will be the ultimate proof.

The chap claims to have taken a picture on his mobile - I am sure I and most other Schumi admirers will like to see the pic.

Please post it here.

Last edited by sgiitk : 16th August 2018 at 09:06.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 21:46   #175
BHPian

Well, while the news of the purchase of the villa in Majorca is true, MS' move there does not seem imminent.

Source : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-...ion-onmajorca/

Michael Schumacher will not be transferred to mansion on Majorca, says manager

Quote:
By Telegraph Sport
16 AUGUST 2018 • 1:12PM

Reports that Michael Schumacher, the Formula 1 legend, will be moved to a £27 million mansion bought by his wife last month in Majorca are not true according to his manager.

Schumacher, 49, sustained severe head injuries in a skiing accident in France on December 29, 2013 and has been cared for at his home in Switzerland since September 2014.

Weekly Swiss magazine L’Illustre reported that Katia Rouarch, who became mayoress of Andratx in June last year, said preparations had been made to welcome the German to the Spanish island.

“I can officially confirm Michael Schumacher will move in to our municipality and that everything is set up here to welcome him,” she was quoted as saying. Spanish magazine Marca reported it had also also confirmed the move.

However, the reports were later denied by Schumacher's manger. "The Schumacher family does not plan to move to Majorca," Sabine Kehm said.

She told AFP and other media outlets that earlier reports of the property purchase were true but that it was to be used only as a holiday home by Schumacher's wife, Corinna, and their two adult children.

A spokesperson for the town hall in Andratx denied that the mayor, Katia Rouarch, had made the statements attributed to her by L'Illustre.

Schumacher's wife Corinna reportedly bought the mansion last month from Florentino Perez, the Real Madrid president, for almost £27 million (30 million euros).

She purchased the property near Andratx in the southwest of the island in order to spend holidays there with her children and friends, German newspaper Bild reported.

Schumacher used to spend holidays on the island in the past while his brother Ralf has also spent time there.

The 15,000 square metre estate is said to boast two swimming pools, a helipad, a gym and a huge palm-tree-fringed garden.

"The place, surrounded by solid walls, has many advantages: it is located on a promontory, a part of which becomes a small precipice, which makes the property inaccessible to prying eyes," the magazine reported.

Schumacher's accident happened on a family holiday as he was skiing with his son at the Meribel ski resort in the French Alps.

The avid skier hit the right side of his head on a rock, cracking his helmet. Doctors operated to remove blood clots from his brain, but some were left because they were too deeply embedded.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

MS' manager's response is below :

Source https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2...ut-spain-move/

Quote:
Schumacher manager issues statement about Spain move
Today, 17:12 , by Matthew Scott

Michael Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm has denied reports that the seven-time world champion is set to move to Spain with his family. A report in Swiss magazine L'Illustre this week quoted the mayor of Majorcan town Andratx as claiming that Schumacher would be moving into a mansion on the island.

Andratx mayor, Katia Rouarch, told L'illustre: "I can officially confirm that Michael Schumacher will come to settle in our community and that everything is set up here to welcome him."

However, Schumacher's manager has responded to the report with a different take.

Kehm told BILD: "The Schumacher family does not plan to move to Majorca."

BILD reports that the property is more likely to be used as a holiday home by Schumacher's family, pointing out that moving to Spain from Switzerland would burden them with a heavy tax bill.

Schumacher has not been seen publicly since suffering serious injuries in a skiing accident in 2013.

He was placed into a coma for six months and has been recovering at his home in Switzerland since September 2014.

Schumacher won a record 91 grands prix and seven world titles in the greatest F1 career of all time, encompassing fine spells with Benetton and, in particular, Ferrari.
__________________________________________________ __________________
Clarification from Spanish authorities on the news story :

Source https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...159536/?nrt=54

Quote:
Spanish authorities explain incorrect Schumacher move rumours

By: Jonathan Noble
3h ago
Spanish authorities have blamed a mistranslation for fuelling incorrect media reports that Michael Schumacher was poised to move to Mallorca while he continues his recovery from a head injury.
Widespread reports over recent days suggested that Schumacher's family was poised to move away from its current residency in Switzerland and relocate to Mallorca.

This came on the back of it emerging that the family had purchased a new house on the Spanish island.

However, Schumacher's management quickly moved to deny the reports that Schumacher would be leaving Switzerland.

His representative Sabine Kehm told Motorsport.com: "The fact is the Schumacher family does not plan to move to Mallorca."

Now, Spanish authorities in the Mallorcan town of Andratx have issued a statement to clarify the situation and make clear that there was never a suggestion from its representatives that the Schumachers were moving there.

The statement said that quotes attributed to the Mayoress Katia Rouarach claiming that Schumacher's move was happening had been misunderstood.

"In reference to the latest news related to Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher, his family, and the municipality of Andratx, the Town Hall of Andratx wants to clear that the words attributed to Mayoress Katia Rouarch are not correct and are probably the result of misinterpretation or misunderstanding, perhaps due to language translation," said the statement.

"The Mayoress of Andratx, in a recent interview for the Swiss magazine l'lllustré, confirmed the information already known that the Schumacher family bought a house in Port d'Andratx.

"She did however not give any information about a potential relocation of Michael Schumacher and/or his family in our municipality of Andratx. In fact, our Mayoress doesn't have any information about it.

"Our Mayoress Rouarch didn't say that we were preparing to receive Schumacher and that the local security services have been informed about this arrival.

"The only thing that Rouarch declared to the journalists was that, 'in case the family decides to move here, we will be prepared for their arrival. In this case they would be treated as any other citizen of Andratx'.

"These words don't mean that Michael Schumacher and his family are going to move here, and much less that the mayoress or the City Council has knowledge of it."

The statement added that, should the Schumachers ever decide they wanted to move to Mallorca, then they would be welcome.

"With this communication we want to reiterate these words were meant just in case the family come here," it said.

"Obviously, in that case, Michael Schumacher and his family would be welcomed in our municipality."

Schumacher continues to recover at home from the serious head injuries he suffered in a skiing accident in 2013.

Last edited by ajmat : 17th August 2018 at 08:48. Reason: adding quotes to make it look tidier
FourWheelDrift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 13:05   #176
BHPian

New Update: "Medical staff say Michael Schumacher is "conscious" after undergoing stem-cell treatment in Paris, according to a French newspaper.

The seven-time Formula One champion was admitted to the Georges-Pompidou hospital on Monday, according to Le Parisien, which said he was being treated by cardiovascular surgeon Philippe Menasché, described as a “pioneer in cell surgery".

He has not been seen in public since sustaining serious head injuries in a skiing accident in 2013.

The newspaper said he was due to receive an anti-inflammatory stem cell perfusion on Tuesday and to leave hospital on Wednesday after being transferred from his house in Gland in Switzerland in an ambulance.

The treatment of the former driving ace, whose precise physical and mental state is unknown, is shrouded in secrecy. Mr Schumacher's entourage have issued no comment on the report and the hospital has made no statement about his presence or health.

However, Le Parisien cited an unnamed nurse at the hospital as suggesting he may be showing some signs of recovery.

"Yes he is in my service," the nurse was cited as saying. "And I can assure you that he is conscious."

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...nt-paris-says/

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th September 2019 at 16:31. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 12th September 2019, 13:18   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Much as I despised him when he was racing against the McLaren, Hakkinen specifically, ever since his first retirement, I began to like the man. It was genuinely saddening when the news of the continued coma kept trickling him, and the silence for the past few years made me believe that he will never be back. I was watching the Stig improv from TG a few days back, and felt that he lived and thrived in a much better state of competitiveness in F1 than what it is today. As such, he stands as a nostalgic flagpole for guys like us who began watching F1 in the last century .
So here's wishing him a full and complete recovery of his mind and his body.
PS: Part of Lewis’ success is owed to him and his redevelopment of the brawn derived car, and for that, I am grateful.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 12:48   #178
BANNED

Re: Ferrari honors Michael Schumacher on his 50th birthday

Sorry, I am posting here since I am unable to find a thread on Michael's convalescence.

Seems he underwent an experimental Stem Cell treatment in France and has woken up after that.

I pray to the almighty that the report is correct. I will love to see him in a wheel chair in the pits / paddock. Even this will be a big endorsement.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 16:25   #179
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ferrari honors Michael Schumacher on his 50th birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Sorry, I am posting here since I am unable to find a thread on Michael's convalescence.
Here is the thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...post3330754and (Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!) you had posted there earlier too https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4445045 (Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!)
Old 18th September 2019, 13:38   #180
BANNED

@myayu; Somehow could not locate it Lt me add that the treatment is experimental, and his regaining consciousness is being considered a big thing. We can only hope and pray.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks