Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 23:45   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition after Skiing accident*UPDATE: Out of com

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
One good thing today. A good man and he deserves a good chance at the rest of his life!
Yep it is. Hope Michael' rehab goes well. A good day for Germany and many others.

#ForzaMichael!
Old 16th June 2014, 23:50   #122
BHPian

Re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition after Skiing accident*UPDATE: Out of com

It's such a great news that the F1 legend is out of Coma now. hope and wish for his speedy recovery. and may he comes back behind a steering wheel soon.
Old 17th June 2014, 00:43   #123
Senior - BHPian

Best news of the day.

What does this mean as far as his chances of becoming normal again? Experts?
Old 17th June 2014, 17:18   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Best news of the day.

What does this mean as far as his chances of becoming normal again? Experts?
Quote:
Earlier this month, Gary Hartstein, the former medical adviser to the international automobile federation, wrote in his blog that Mr Schumacher was unlikely to make a full recovery.
“I am afraid I am almost certain that we will never have good news of Michael Schumacher,” he wrote. After so many months in a coma, only a small fraction of patients recover consciousness, he said.
Even if - as seemed likely – Mr Schumacher had returned to “minimal consciousness”, the statistic were against him, Dr Hartstein said. He might be able to achieve a greater level of consciousness “in the months and years ahead” but it would take a “miracle” for him to recover completely.
“Unfortunately, very few patients who have been in a vegetative state for six months can ever speak, walk or dress themselves again.”
From whatever I have read; everyone says that Schumacher might never make a full recovery.

Even basic functions like eating, drinking, swallowing might need to be learnt by him again.

Although, lack of information on his present condition can only lead to generic views on the matter.

Not many expected him to wake up, hope he proves people wrong again.

Forza Michael.
Old 17th June 2014, 17:24   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!

I really hope he comes back healthy & lead a normal life! Would love to see that charming smile of his again!
Old 17th June 2014, 18:33   #126
BHPian

re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!

It's been a long time coming! For fans this is the best news possible. I pray and I am sure that he will recover fully.

It's not going to be easy but if anybody can pull through after such a terrible accident its Michael!

God Bless & God Speed!
Old 18th June 2014, 09:01   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Swiss medical team now treating Michael Schumacher said on Tuesday that the Formula One champion could be in hospital for “long haul”, as a source close to his family revealed that he is drifting in and out of consciousness and remains unable to speak.

Darcy Christen, head of media at CHUV Lausanne, said Schumacher’s stay at the facility would likely be a lengthy one.

“The transfer doesn’t mean that his condition improved markedly in the last few weeks. But he no longer needed to be in intensive care and a programme of rehabilitation is now under way.
“He is still going in and out of consciousness but he is having more moments of consciousness more regularly than in April.
“He certainly can’t talk but there is some degree of communication.
“His doctors and family speak to him but he gets tired very quickly and needs a lot of rest. So this is kept to a minimum.”
He apparently only weights 55kg and has lost 44 pounds. There are also reports that his manager's statement this April, ""There are short moments of consciousness," meant that Schumacher was already out of his coma.
Old 18th June 2014, 09:24   #128
BHPian

Really glad to hear about the health of Schumacher. Hope he recovers soon and is seen in the racing circuits in the coming days as an inspiration to others. Though I doubt he will resume racing, but really hope to see him glide over those F1 tracks some time in the future.

Cheers,
Vinay
Old 19th June 2014, 02:09   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really glad to hear about the health of Schumacher. Hope he recovers soon and is seen in the racing circuits in the coming days as an inspiration to others.
Isnt that too unrealistic. Realistic hope is he can walk and eat on his own at this point. Anything beyond that is a bonus. Even what i am asking is unrealistic in the world of medicine.

If he can recognize one face it would be an achievement as good as giving birth to a baby and knowing everything is alright so far.
Old 19th June 2014, 04:36   #130
BHPian

He was conscious and had his eyes open while he was transported from the hospital to the rehabilitation centre.

Open the below link for the complete story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-facility.html
Old 20th June 2014, 12:37   #131
BHPian

Great news and though it seems the rehabilitation may take months or maybe even years, it is great to hear that Schumi is going to be ok!

Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!-img2014062000065.jpg

Someone at AMUL really loves Schumi!
Old 21st June 2014, 13:30   #132
BHPian

There seems to be so much negativity that everyone wants his share of the pie ( reflected glory so to speak ).

I read this now. Come on think positive, be positive.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...s-life-1996962
Old 24th June 2014, 14:51   #133
BHPian

This is so sad!

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...fered-for-sale
Old 24th June 2014, 18:22   #134
Team-BHP Support

It does not matter whether those documents are original, stolen, or whatever.
Just the fact that some humans are trying to profit from the misery of another makes me sick. 'Anything for a buck' is the way to live now I guess
Old 18th July 2014, 10:36   #135
Senior - BHPian

Michael' wife Corinna has released a press statement ahead of the German GP thanking fans for their support through the dark days of his fight for life and offered hope for his future recovery.

Quote:
She wrote: “Dear motorsport friends, this is a message to all of you who have lived a passion for Michael’s sport in all the years together with him, and who have supported him the past half year off the track as well.

“The German Grand Prix gives me the perfect opportunity to cordially thank you for the good wishes and positive energies you keep sending Michael. I have to say your sympathies literally blew us all away! Good to know that together we made it through the hardest time!”

Mrs Schumacher added: “Now we are facing a phase which will presumably take a long time. We trust that – as for so many years in F1 – time will be Michael’s ally in this fight.

Until then I would like to wish you and your families all the best as well.”
Source

Most Viewed