To live 1 day of the week as you want. 14 14.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2014, 00:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The One Thing you wish you had in life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
All I wanted to convey is materialistic pleasures have taken out the very important values of life in every human being during this era we are witnessing.

For every individual, something or the other worries take out the small pleasures of life away from them. That's the truth today. Somebody worries about his wealth, another worries about his job, worries about the different views of the society, dependency, financial stability, cars, status what not.

Health is anyway lost when one has so much worries or concerns. That's why I mentioned, PEACE OF MIND is everything everyone needs in today's hustle bustle life we are leading.
Very nicely chalked out reply mate. I agree that people run for materialistic happiness and pleasures but you know what they are aware that this kind of happiness is often short lived and it is then they realize that true happiness and peace is present in living a humble and peaceful life with a healthy life style. Needs are a never ending phenomena so one should know what he/she actually wants and accordingly act.

AD
Old 19th January 2014, 05:26   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Very nicely chalked out reply mate. I agree that people run for materialistic happiness and pleasures but you know what they are aware that this kind of happiness is often short lived and it is then they realize that true happiness and peace is present in living a humble and peaceful life with a healthy life style. Needs are a never ending phenomena so one should know what he/she actually wants and accordingly act. AD
We are truly privileged in so many ways, yet fail to recognise it.
Remember the old story of the King, his barber and the seven jars of gold?
The seventh jar, that of desire, can never be filled to the brim.
Such a lovely parable and so very true, especially of those like us, who live in this era of the Kaliyugam!
Old 19th January 2014, 14:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
We are truly privileged in so many ways, yet fail to recognise it.
Remember the old story of the King, his barber and the seven jars of gold?
The seventh jar, that of desire, can never be filled to the brim.
Indeed mate, I agree with you but one should not put an end to their desires because then one would stop striving and wont work to achieve the same and life will become aimless. Hence, In my view desire makes one work hard with honesty.

AD
Old 19th January 2014, 18:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, there is not one thing but a lot:

1) A customized private Boeing 747.
2) A Supersonic Jet
3) My own film studio.
4) Tobe the PM of our country.
5) Tobe the one who beats Rossi.
6) Tobe the one who beats F1 champ.
7) To travel the world continuously and have a Bungalow in every city of the world.
8) The list goes on... and at the end is to become God.

This is not a joke that's what I really want to.

Last edited by mercedised : 19th January 2014 at 18:20.
Old 19th January 2014, 22:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Yeah, there is not one thing but a lot:

1) A customized private Boeing 747.
2) A Supersonic Jet
3) My own film studio.
4) Tobe the PM of our country.
5) Tobe the one who beats Rossi.
6) Tobe the one who beats F1 champ.
7) To travel the world continuously and have a Bungalow in every city of the world.
8) The list goes on... and at the end is to become God.
I wish you the best of luck for the 7 wishes you enlisted above but the 8th is totally beyond human thoughts and scope of achievement mate.

thanks

AD
Old 20th January 2014, 15:39   #51
BHPian

Fudge! I didn't pay attention to the fact that this is a multiple-choice poll and voted only for one. Although, THAT is the only thing I ever want; I can take care of the rest myself.
Old 20th January 2014, 16:29   #52
BHPian

Great thread,

All i ever wish is for good health for the family. Rest all materialistic things come and go. Neither am i too fond of them. God has been kind enough to bless us with everything in life. Now only thing I would wish is for lot of vacations with the family in the coming time.
Old 20th January 2014, 19:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Fudge! I didn't pay attention to the fact that this is a multiple-choice poll and voted only for one.
Dear mate, The poll is open for you!! Select more option if you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Great thread,

All i ever wish is for good health for the family. Rest all materialistic things come and go. Now only thing I would wish is for lot of vacations with the family in the coming time.
My friend, Its indeed a pleasure to get appreciation from you. I just made an effort to reach out to all my bhpian mates here which has been now getting the recognition from accomplished people like you!!

My mate, I would suggest take the family out for a weekend trip and relax. And to sum it I wish the best of health to all my mates and their families too.

AD
Old 20th January 2014, 20:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear mate, The poll is open for you!! Select more option if you wish.

AD
Umm, I can't vote for any more choices now that I've already submitted my vote. Else I'm missing something.
Old 21st January 2014, 14:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

What's a wish?

Wish; Its one of the particular desire that we all have. We live our lives with an aim of fulfilling that one wish which makes a lot of difference to our lives. We are so very fortunate as humans that we have the freedom to wish and then accordingly work for it.

It is a dream that we all see and pen it in our hearts and also in our diaries so that we always pray to almighty to fulfill our dreams. When one's life has the family connection then there are a whole lot of loved ones who share your beautiful dream and support you in achieving it.

It is a beautiful and meaningful feeling which provides us with the motivation to keep on trying our level best to accomplish our wish and feel happy in our hearts. Materialistic or Non-Materialistic everyone has something or the other to wish for which inturn makes all of us connected to one-another.

The different tyes of wishes are like the different colors of the rainbow which are beautiful and unique and this is what makes each wish a beautiful thought or a desire.

So mates, keep your wishes coming in and believe me this thread has become a very interesting and beautiful diary which has funny, loving, emotional, caring, respectful thoughts of you all in simple yet heart touching language.

Thanks for making this thread worth. Continue sharing here!!

AD
Old 21st January 2014, 14:32   #56
BHPian

I would just want happiness and joy all day every day till I pass away. I think being happy is all we seek for. The materialistic things or a partner or better health all head towards 'the feeling good' zone. I would want constant joy and appreciation, tolerance for other people and a state where I don't have to feel I've settled for less. Also I don't think materialistic things and happiness aren't connected, they can be. It depends from individual to individual. We're all different and we want different things.
Old 21st January 2014, 23:00   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
I would just want happiness and joy all day every day till I pass away. I think being happy is all we seek for. The materialistic things or a partner or better health all head towards 'the feeling good' zone.
Dear Abhishek, Seeing your reply after a long time buddy. Happiness is to be found if we look at the positive side of everything that occurs in our life and to be in a happy state of mind you need a healthy lifestyle too.

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 21st January 2014 at 23:03.
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hi to all my dearest mates; Everyday of a person's life is just like a unique color of a rainbow i.e having the uniqueness and beauty of its own. Every single day we wish that our day to pass peacefully and we get back the next day full of enthusiasm and the zest to fulfill our dreams and wishes with our hardwork.

While we make a wish we are just like a small kid who bows to the almighty and seeks fulfillment of his/her wish. A wish if made for a loved one makes us feel much more happier and gives us a sense of positivity. Thus, Wish is not just a mere desire rather it has whole lot of beautiful attributes to it.

So my mates, make a wish and live a beautiful life!!

Thanks

AD
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

My priorities:

1) Peace and Sanctum at home and at office.
2) Reasonable money(Just enough to lead a decent lifestyle)
3) A loving partner and son(luckily for me, that wish is fulfilled).

Dont really crave for a lot of materialistic stuff. Like known, its like " Haath ka mail".
Old 23rd January 2014, 19:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
My priorities:

1) Peace and Sanctum at home and at office.
2) Reasonable money(Just enough to lead a decent lifestyle)
3) A loving partner and son

Dont really crave for a lot of materialistic stuff. Like known, its like " Haath ka mail".
Hi mate, All the 3 wishes by you are very true and they have significance for all of us.

Thanks

AD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks