Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2006, 21:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Must BUy.
Get yourself a pair of good sennheisers/Grado/AKG/Bose. Beleive me, music never felt so good. be prepared to spend around $50-$250 for the best.
How much sennheisers costs in India? I can see newegg selling it for abt $80.
Old 6th July 2006, 23:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Must BUy.

option 1

With the remaining money buy an Alienware 1gig mp3 playeer(they ship worldwide) $85 at present with mail-in rebate. Also buy a 4gig SD/MMC card. And if you are not satisfied buy the Alienware Docking system for home use.

Why Alienware over ipod?

1. Looks much sexier
2. option of adding extra memory
3. SrS Wow HD in built.
4. Has built-in FM tuner.
5. Everybody has an ipod.
6. No use straining your eyes watching video over a small 2" screen.

option2
Buy sony PSP and enjoy gaming along with music and movies. Look at the Gizmondo as analternative.

guys am 17, so obviously I go gaga for everything. I wanted a PSP a while ago but looking at the prices of each game I backed out, besides u can play em on ur PC for free but portables have their own reasons, coz u can play em anywhr, anyways am not a gaming freak!

And dude I love ur option 1, I got a Mp3 player 512MB , some crappy company! now I really like this one. can we get this stuff in India??? I mean what about the taxes and stuff like that? I have 5k already, and gonna get sum more after sellin my fax machine yea u heard tat right and my PS1. Actually I never wanted to go for an Ipod as it was too comon and who wants to watch songs and movies in that small screen? Even I got bored watchin stuff using Smartmovie in my 6600. Regarding music, I was actually saving for the N91, so which is better go for the N91 or buy this alienware mp3 + dock and settle with another mobile say N70 or something?

BTW at http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/port...ers-002564.php it says the player is 180$ :( but u said 80$ was that a typo?

Last edited by furioussphinx : 6th July 2006 at 23:37.
Old 6th July 2006, 23:58   #18
BHPian

Ok this is the info obtained from the alienware website,

Alienware® CE-IV 512MB MP3 Player - $91

Alienware® CE-IV 1GB MP3 Player - $116 - I will go for a 1 GB itself

Alienware® Docking System - $100

But the shipping is NOT available for India nor for Kuwait too (so that Dad cud get it) Now what do I do??? I want that 1Gb + HUB!!!!

Last edited by furioussphinx : 6th July 2006 at 23:59.
Old 7th July 2006, 02:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
How much sennheisers costs in India? I can see newegg selling it for abt $80.
Senn's have different headphones for different needs and different sound preferences. the start from around $20 and go as far as $700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
"Cheaper in europe""...????? where???? no way man....US is the cheapest by far... buying anyhtign form europe is criminal these days....GBP is 85 bucks dude.... it even costs money to take a c$*p there.....
last year I was in the market for Acer ferrari 4005wlmi when it was released worldwide. Europe had it almost 2-3 months before US availability.

Even the specs are crapppy on US based laptops and phones suck too.

same was the case for HP ipaq pda's and the first AMD based 17" and 19" gaming notebooks.

I have constantly compared the price for different products and With proper research you can get it for cheap in UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
guys am 17, so obviously I go gaga for everything. I wanted a PSP a while ago but looking at the prices of each game I backed out, besides u can play em on ur PC for free but portables have their own reasons, coz u can play em anywhr, anyways am not a gaming freak!

And dude I love ur option 1, I got a Mp3 player 512MB , some crappy company! now I really like this one. can we get this stuff in India??? I mean what about the taxes and stuff like that? I have 5k already, and gonna get sum more after sellin my fax machine yea u heard tat right and my PS1. Actually I never wanted to go for an Ipod as it was too comon and who wants to watch songs and movies in that small screen? Even I got bored watchin stuff using Smartmovie in my 6600. Regarding music, I was actually saving for the N91, so which is better go for the N91 or buy this alienware mp3 + dock and settle with another mobile say N70 or something?

BTW at http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/port...ers-002564.php it says the player is 180$ :( but u said 80$ was that a typo?

first of all. I myself has settled with a motorola E680i with a 2gig card. So my personal preference is an all in one device. But many out there want a separate music device. you decide.

either a music phone with 3.5mm audio jack or
A music player

as far as Availability is concerned. try some other stores. many of them carry Alienware mp3 players. But I guess shipping to India can be a bit of a problem. In this case you better save your shipping money and buy another brand.
Old 7th July 2006, 02:21   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29
take Food vouchers and lets go for a party with all BHPians
Send PMs to all when doing this. If it's really painful to do it, then just PM me!
Old 7th July 2006, 12:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Send PMs to all when doing this. If it's really painful to do it, then just PM me!
I am most willing to take YOU out for dinner, provided you dig into your pocket for Ernakulam-Pune-Ernakulam journey

Jokes apart, I have confirmed for IDBI prepaid gift card (nice thing, isn't it?). How to spend it? Umm...needle is "currently" pointing towards Canon S3 IS. Search continues.....
Old 8th July 2006, 04:49   #22
BHPian

You can get some upgrades for your computer, like a newer motherboard and CPU and a better video card and RAM. Computer prices are quite low these days, even in India.
Old 8th July 2006, 08:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I am most willing to take YOU out for dinner, provided you dig into your pocket for Ernakulam-Pune-Ernakulam journey

Jokes apart, I have confirmed for IDBI prepaid gift card (nice thing, isn't it?). How to spend it? Umm...needle is "currently" pointing towards Canon S3 IS. Search continues.....
Ok if its fine, lets start from the scratch. What are your interests?

Photography?
Music?
Computers?
Mobile phones?
Designer sunglasses?
Watches?
Cars and bikes?

There's lot. BUy something that interests you.
Old 10th July 2006, 21:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok if its fine, lets start from the scratch. What are your interests?

Photography?
Music?
Computers?
Mobile phones?
Designer sunglasses?
Watches?
Cars and bikes?

There's lot. BUy something that interests you.
Sorry for late response. I am rather lazy bum, so can't be interested in too many things.
  • Photography : Perfect amature but like to shoot nevertheless. Have a 10 year old Pentax, JVC MiniDV, but no digital camera for moment.
  • Music : I am fine with audio at home and in car. Car requires ICEing, but it can wait.
  • Computers: Got couple of laptops and couple of computers. Don't want to add one
  • Mobile phones: I like phones, which let me dial numbers as well as take calls. Rather advanced requirements, are they?
  • Designer sunglasses: Nope.
  • Watches: Got 3 watches to serve different purpose.
  • Cars and bikes: You bet.
Alright! Now update for this thread. I checked a digital camera shop yesterday and he told me that S2 IS and S3 IS are available only in grey market. Is it?

I also had a look at Sony CyberShot H2. Looks rather bulky but seems to compare very well with S3 IS. Any thoughts?
Old 10th July 2006, 21:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Sorry for late response. I am rather lazy bum, so can't be interested in too many things.
  • Photography : Perfect amature but like to shoot nevertheless. Have a 10 year old Pentax, JVC MiniDV, but no digital camera for moment.
  • Music : I am fine with audio at home and in car. Car requires ICEing, but it can wait.
  • Computers: Got couple of laptops and couple of computers. Don't want to add one
  • Mobile phones: I like phones, which let me dial numbers as well as take calls. Rather advanced requirements, are they?
  • Designer sunglasses: Nope.
  • Watches: Got 3 watches to serve different purpose.
  • Cars and bikes: You bet.
Alright! Now update for this thread. I checked a digital camera shop yesterday and he told me that S2 IS and S3 IS are available only in grey market. Is it?

I also had a look at Sony CyberShot H2. Looks rather bulky but seems to compare very well with S3 IS. Any thoughts?
Dude whats the price of S2 and S3 in grey? and BTW do check up Canon Powershot A650 in grey too.
Old 11th July 2006, 10:25   #26
BHPian

One of my friend bought the S2 IS from an eBay seller couple of months back. The seller claimed that they get these items from Singapore. But we also enquired in the market (Delhi), and found that these models are available in India. We got this camera w/ 1 GB memory card for a little less than 24K.

I suggest you go for Canon rather than Sony when you are planning for a digital SLR. Canon models are richer in features compared to the Sony models.
Old 11th July 2006, 14:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noviceDriver
One of my friend bought the S2 IS from an eBay seller couple of months back. The seller claimed that they get these items from Singapore. But we also enquired in the market (Delhi), and found that these models are available in India. We got this camera w/ 1 GB memory card for a little less than 24K.

I suggest you go for Canon rather than Sony when you are planning for a digital SLR. Canon models are richer in features compared to the Sony models.
You are right about e-bay. ebay does sell S2 IS and S3 IS with warrantee. I came across few posts on that. I don't think my current budget remotely fits in for dSLRs. They would be way too expensive. My budget fits more or less for "Prosumer" category.
Old 12th July 2006, 08:54   #28
BHPian

Your location being Pune, I would suggest you visit the following shop in Mumbai. My contacts in Mumbai say that it's a good shop.

http://www.jjmehta.com/products/canon_s2is.html

The "camera only" price here is 18500, refer the following link. I hope this is very near to your "16K + something from your own pocket" kind of budget.

http://www.jjmehta.com/pricelist/can...al_pricing.htm

You won't regret buying this camera. I'm also an amateurish photographer, and I found this model quite impressive for its price.
Old 12th July 2006, 15:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! I had looked at JJMehta website earlier and was using it for benchmarking. Sony H2 also appears to be a good camera. Most reviews I saw on net talked about 6MP H2, but this was something like 7.2 or 8.2 MP (don't remember exactly).

I saw results of H2 and S3IS and they looked very similar. I like color saturation of H2, while S3IS image was sharper. Alright, I am a dummy when it comes to cameras, so better keep my mouth shut here.
Old 12th July 2006, 19:49   #30
BHPian

DSLR for ~500

Just to tempt you further - there's a DSLR by Pentax that's around 500 USD. It's called the *ist. Here's a link:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/product...n--digital_slr

I'm mostly a dummy too - so no recommendations. Hopefully the experts will pipe in. About time DSLRs got cheaper. FWIW, I settled on a Panasonic Lumix FZ7 .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks