Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2022, 08:46   #751
BHPian

Re: The Cryptocurrency & NFT Thread

In another news, Michael Saylor stepped down as the CEO of Microstrategy. His Bitcoin strategy doesn't seem to be working as the company recorded a billion dollar loss in second quarter. As of June 30th, their networth is negative.

If the new CEO decides to liquidate the Bitcoin assets, it has the potential to crash BTC price to under 10k.

https://u.today/breaking-bitcoin-adv...rostrategy-ceo
Bhargav7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 06:57   #752
Team-BHP Support

Over half of Bitcoin's daily trading volume fake globally: Report

More than half of all Bitcoin daily trading volumes are reportedly fake, as the world's largest cryptocurrency nosedives again amid global economic turmoil

How wonderful... every time I think crypto world has found a bottom, they find a new bottom.

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2800286_1.html
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 09:37   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Over half of Bitcoin's daily trading volume fake globally: Report

More than half of all Bitcoin daily trading volumes are reportedly fake, as the world's largest cryptocurrency nosedives again amid global economic turmoil

How wonderful... every time I think crypto world has found a bottom, they find a new bottom.

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2800286_1.html
Not at all surprised.
I am all for the underlying blockchain technologies, but crypto is a scam that needs to be called out.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 12:38   #754
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here stuck with VAULD fiasco? Any hope of ever getting our investment back? Thankfully I was just experimenting and hence invested only a few thousand. But looks like that’s all I would see of cryptocurrency in this life

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th October 2022 at 12:41.
Old 10th November 2022, 07:48   #755
BHPian

FTX Cryptocurrency market rocked by near-collapse of exchange

Source

Quote:
The digital assets market has been rocked by the near-collapse of one of the world's biggest cryptocurrency exchanges, FTX.

On Tuesday, FTX struck a bailout deal with larger rival Binance after a surge in withdrawals caused a "significant liquidity crunch".

Concerns about FTX's financial health reportedly triggered $6bn (£5.2bn) of withdrawals in just three days.

Quote:
The news sent shockwaves through the digital assets market, with cryptocurrencies falling sharply.

Bitcoin fell by more than 10% to hit the lowest level since November 2020.

Meanwhile, online trading platform Robinhood lost more than 19% of its stock market value, while cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase fell by 10%.
There are other news reports stating that the founder of FTX used his client funds for his private investment and would soon be facing criminal investigation.

More on this:

Quote:
In just the last 24 hours, the value of FTX Token (FTT), the native token of the FTX exchange, plunged 85% to $3.15 levels from $19.51, and its market cap remained at merely half a billion dollars.

Among other top crypto tokens, Bitcoin slumped about 12% to slip below $18,000, whereas Ethereum plunged 20% to breach the $1,200 mark. Solana tanked about 45% to trade just above $16.

Other altcoins also took a hit at a similar magnitude, with Dogecoin, XRP, Polygon, Polkadot, Avalanche, Shiba Inu, Uniswap, and Litecoin plunging 12%-22% each at the time of writing this report.

Last edited by DigitalOne : 10th November 2022 at 07:57.
DigitalOne is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 19:38   #756
Team-BHP Support

When children are in-charge of so much money, it can turn into play money.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th November 2022 at 19:39.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 14:34   #757
BHPian

Another video for the uninitiated which is rather detailed but is not at all using any technical jargons, good watch for people who want to get an understanding of everything that happened without getting into technical mumbo jumbo

PrasunBannerjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 15:46   #758
BHPian

Here is another:

It seems the dude was second highest donor to the winnig president's election campaign. Interesting

A screengrab from above why celebrity media cannot be trusted:

The Cryptocurrency & NFT Thread-screenshot-20221118-15.43.05.png

Looks like marketing for the Ponzi scheme that crypto was in its existing state.
mayukh42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 01:06   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRoca View Post
This is more likely whats happening now...
And I will show you this:

The Cryptocurrency & NFT Thread-20221002_141623.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Rule #1 of Crypto. Never hold your coins in the exchange for any longer than absolutely required. Move it to a wallet that you control, even if it means that you lose some amount as transfer charges. That is the price we pay for our safety. This approach is similar to someone paying extra for a nicer helmet / a safer car.
Amen ! However many start off their crypto journey with few thousands, then the cold hardware wallets and the transfer fees does not make sense. For bigger ventures they are a must. As the saying goes : Not your keys, not your coins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
As a newbie investor in the world of equities and cryptos, this is has been an awful year. Both my stock portfolio and my cryptos are in the red. Fortunately I didn’t go overboard with my crypto acquisition and ended up investing just 15k into Ethereum thinking I’ll check back after 20 years. Tempted to withdraw whatever little I have left. Holding onto my stocks for the time being.
Crypto should be a minimum part of the portfolio and you should only invest an amount you that you can afford to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_2401 View Post
WazirX funds have been frozen by the ED in connection with money laundering by unauthorized, predatory loan fintech firms
The WRX token has taken a big hit after this fiasco. I always used Binance, and back in the days could transfer coins between these platforms for free. Now Binance have removed that link as well. Just curious how do all of you buy stablecoins like USDT/BUSD in India ? The P2P market is very overpriced, where 80Rs USDT are selling for 88 currently which is like 10% premium.
Old 6th December 2022, 21:47   #760
Team-BHP Support

In any other industry, someone who stole a few billion dollars will be behind bars. But Crypto is such a special thing that doesn't come under any regulatory regime.

This scam artist is free and participating in web chats like a very humble man.

Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 23:29   #761
Team-BHP Support

Crypto is a complete sideshow, tokens are like 'pet rocks,' says JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon

Old 19th December 2022, 00:06   #762
Team-BHP Support

CNBC tries to act tough now... Why didn't they do this with SBF?

As described in these videos, the crypto exchanges basically play the role of the middleman, which crypto supposedly eliminated. So how is your money safe in crypto? Promise made, but not delivered. How many are you comfortable carrying your wealth in hardware wallets, and store it in personal lockers or bank lockers, which is not safe from thieves or law enforcement authorities?

The problems I laid out when I first studied crypto is still remain a problem.

Last edited by Samurai : 19th December 2022 at 08:10.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 00:52   #763
BHPian

My friend and I had a heated disagreement yesterday.
She had asked me to "invest" in bitcoin back in 2017 when 1 btc cost about 6k usd. My friend lucked out really good, even after crashing so much, BTC is 10000% approximately as of today. Why? She cant tell.
Maybe my friend has a knack for discovering bubbles before they are inflated by the public's money.

I didn't listen to her then, because like many here I did not understand the nature, science, art and utility behind it and could not put down Rs 1 for something that looked so fishy and speculative. Maybe I should have put some chump change in it. But it went strongly against my principles so I stayed away.

Also went through many posts here of people who started investing in crypto from early 2020 - late 2021. They probably wouldve been much better off investing in ITC Ltd which was on SmartCat's screeners for months! I have made close to a 100% gains on my investments using them but the most important thing is that I did not lose any peace while waiting it out.

I will still not touch crypto with a ten foot pole because they is just no way to value it and other perceived supply and demand. Novice investors allocating some amount of their portfolio to crypto is mind boggling to me.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Imran.Syed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 11:36   #764
Team-BHP Support

‘Cryptocurrency is a scam, have zero ties to the industry,’ says Ratan Tata
Quote:
Ratan Tata has said that he isn't involved with any cryptocurrency firm, and that cryptos are a scam, after reports started circulating online that the had invested in Bitcoin and certain crypto businesses
https://www.firstpost.com/world/cryp...-12806252.html
Old 22nd October 2023, 09:15   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran.Syed View Post
I will still not touch crypto with a ten foot pole because they is just no way to value it and other perceived supply and demand. Novice investors allocating some amount of their portfolio to crypto is mind boggling to me.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Bitcoin ETF's are coming, your mutual funds and retirement funds will be allocating percentages into it. They will have to market buy BTC 1:1 ratio, only 21 million total BTC in existence, much less available on exchanges to buy.

Do you not understand the gravity of the situation?

The Cryptocurrency & NFT Thread-f81vhhawaaoplp.png

A little tip - Buy as much Kaspa (KAS) as possible

Last edited by Pandher : 22nd October 2023 at 09:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks