Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2004, 19:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Don't get excited already. I'm not talking about the one that's aired on BBC (India). That should take another few days to start.

But get this, www.flixvault.net has already updated their site with the latest TG videos and guess which car they tested first. CITY ROVER aka Indica with Rover badge.

I have no sound on my comp, so someone please download the vid and give us a review, of what they were blabbering about.

BTW, they used a handycam to shoot it. Lol, Looks a lot like the Tehelka video. Haha

Shan2nu

Old 5th October 2004, 21:02   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Shantanu,

Yes it is a tehelka type video. I was going to post about the videos as I just happened to visit flixvault.net today & downloaded the City rover video. Apparently James May has a camera in his tie..yes you heard it right! & his companion has one in her mobile or so he says. Anyhow coming back to the topic..boy have they thrashed the Indica bad! Richard Hammond starts off by saying..' Rover did some kind of deal with some Indian car company of which nobody had heard in India!' I don't know whether to laugh at his ignorance or be angry. After the review the choices given to James are...rubbish or truly dreadful to which James replies by saying that it was the worst car he'd ever driven on the show! It concludes by Richard saying ' All these years we've exploited India & they're getting back at us with that thing!' Now haven't I heard it before...hey addy/GTO ring any bells
Old 5th October 2004, 22:28   #3
BHPian

isnt that months old video? I saw that video this summer?

Old 5th October 2004, 22:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]James replies by saying that it was the worst car he'd ever driven on the show!
Yup, i did expect this, coz i remeber, during one of the series, they had the car in their studio, but none off them were willing to even drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]' All these years we've exploited India & they're getting back at us with that thing
Woah, thats a pretty bold comment there. They'd better watch their mouths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Rover did some kind of deal with some Indian car company of which nobody had heard in India!
Well what can i say, jokes on you "Richie" boy. What a dumb mule!

Shan2nu
Old 5th October 2004, 23:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha!! Downloaded it... nice video..!!! Lets see if they test the Safari and the Indigo Marina!!!!!!!
Old 5th October 2004, 23:22   #6
BHPian

What am I missing here, is this another video or the same video I saw like back in june or something, so how is it that everyone is seeing this now, its been floating on the net for sometime now?

they surely made some bold comments, but they are all justified, man..tata does make the worst thing that there is..I much rather buy a maruti or something..(no offense to tatamobile owners)..

Anyhow it was a funny show anyways..

Old 6th October 2004, 00:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Gr8 idea for a road test!! Top Gear finds innovative ways to make their programme interesting.... Bold comments were made, yet, as c4s says, its true to some extent!
Old 6th October 2004, 00:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]they surely made some bold comments, but they are all justified,
""All these years we've exploited India & they're getting back at us with that thing"" How can they justify that? That is very much a personal comment.

It's no different from reffering to an african-american, with the "N" word. U think they'll tolerate that.

I don't mind anyone saying things about a car, but i can't stand racists.

Shan2nu
Old 6th October 2004, 06:15   #9
BHPian

yea i think the last comment he made with the exploiting bit was rude,agreed they think the car was pathetic bla bla bla and all tht but they shudnt hv made such a personal comment,otherwise a pretty good vdo,even he agreed tht indica pulls nicely on the road ,yes its overpriced in the uk but ths rovers concern.
Old 6th October 2004, 09:54   #10
BHPian

I didnt find it rude, I found it funny, we guys are not use to humor on our ownself or about our country..come to the US, ppl to do it on other countires as well as their own..so I really didnt mind that since it was harmless and fun intent comment..

but yeah I agree with them..its a piece of crap, how could rover team up with them..

remember when safari was named the worst car of the year in UK, when they took it to the autoshow back in 98 was it?
Old 6th October 2004, 15:46   #11
RJK
Senior - BHPian

City Rover shouldn't have been priced so steep. I mean what standing does it have infront of the Panda. The Panda even looks fresh in comparison. Indica's USP is space & cost..Rover should have stuck with it but they're trying to make some money off it!
Old 6th October 2004, 18:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

City ROver was never going to be a sucess. There, people don't care for VFM, as much as we do. They need a capable car, that comes with all the goodies.

And compared to the others in it's class, the CR is too plain to be sold in the UK.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed