Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:31   #346
BHPian

Re: Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 (MH370) goes missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The truth (and not the official balderdash, believed only by those who have gulp
Such a terrible fate for MH370 (or one similar to that alleged by M. Dugain) may also turn out to be the reason why the despicable criminals (and their cold-blooded murderous land grabbing backers) who shot down MH17 may never be bought to justice (I mean human built justice systems, for the vile mass-murdering scoundrels shall surely get their deserved comeuppance from the heavens).
I am risking sounding insensitive. I apologize in advance.
If US has really shot down the plane to avoid it being used in 9/11 style then I guess it has been done for a "greater good"

But I don't understand why would US keep this a secret??
The only reason may be is "Common people wont understand" why the plane was shot down and US will be criticized for killing civilians

Last edited by athanedar : 23rd December 2014 at 11:32.
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:58   #347
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
The only reason may be is "Common people wont understand" why the plane was shot down and US will be criticized for killing civilians.
A very valid reason. Another thing is that unlike certain mafiosi-run totalitarian hell-holes where one cannot even criticise the ruling horde, the USA has a functioning justice system (however flawed it may be) where the government of the United States of America (or any of its arms or any constituent State) can be sued in a court of law for violating fundamental human rights.

In what can be described as sheer coincidence, there is a dangerous new bill that was recently introduced in the Indian parliament which would allow the government to shoot down a civilian airliner if they believe it has been hijacked and is about to be used as a weapon. I hope the bill is rejected and does not become law in its current form (without adequate safeguards):

Quote:
A hostile plane could also be shot down if there was evidence that it could be used as a missile to hit a vital installation.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/h.../1/407352.html

Last edited by RSR : 23rd December 2014 at 12:01.
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:16   #348
BHPian

Did it have enough fuel to reach USA?
If not then why did the US intervene?
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:06   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Diego Garcia is not in the flight path of MH370. Assuming that the hijackers took control of the plane and directed it towards Diego Garcia then the US got the info about this pretty fast and took action also very fast. I am sure that shooting down the airliner would require a green signal from the highest authority.

Secondly if they had to shoot down the plane then why wait until it came so close to Diego Garcia(Assuming that the plane was hijacked to attack Diego Garcia). A SAM missile could have destroyed it way before it could even reach it.
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:38   #350
Senior - BHPian

Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. It is not outside the realm of possibility that the plane was shot down. A plane with transponders switched off would certainly be viewed as a threat to a military base. More so, if the plane does not respond to radio calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
The theory is that the plane was close to US military base Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Secondly if they had to shoot down the plane then why wait until it came so close to Diego Garcia(Assuming that the plane was hijacked to attack Diego Garcia). A SAM missile could have destroyed it way before it could even reach it.
On the contrary, I think if they had to shoot down the plane, then they would wait till the last possible moment, to confirm beyond any reasonable doubt that the plane posed a threat.
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:48   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
There is no proof that US shot down the plane.
The speculation is that "Diego Garcia" was the target. It is a British military base in indian ocean.
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:34   #352
Senior - BHPian

If indeed United States shot the plane down, it is one of the many despicable things done by that country.

Secondly 9-11 in its truest nature was definitely done by terrorists but 9-11 has given the United States a lot of free hand in the world, sometimes to eliminate terrorists, sometimes to eliminate governments and people who are against their interest in the name of 9-11.

A country like US should obviously know the pain of losing people, it has lost 3200 of them in 9-11, so even if it did shoot down the plane, they should own up and give a closure to the families of the one's dead. If they did shoot it down and don't own up, its blatant terrorism and it can't be given any other name. The definition of terrorism does not change whether its done by a turban yielding, kurta wearing guy with a long beard or someone sitting in an office with a suit and tie.
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:19   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

If it was true that the plane was hijacked or supposedly hacked, and also true if it was being targeted at the US base, the US could have shot it down openly and for self defence. Why would they not admit the action when they did it for good?

The investigation or the search definitely looks rigged to me, but I don't understand why. Also coming to the hacking part, wont the pilots realise this and block whichever is the connection between the hacker and the plane? At least there will be an option to bring down the link between the plane and the manufacturer/tech support I believe. Horrible response by the Malaysian government as well as any other body which might be hiding information it posseses.
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:32   #354
BHPian

I'm convinced to believe that there is something concealed by somebody! Truth will definitely come out one day. When you can find a small missing iPhone, why not a plane?
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:41   #355
Team-BHP Support

Have you ever heard of the name Marc Dugain?
Think.
Think very very hard.

You haven't.
But now you did.
Why, because he presented a conspiracy theory.
And that is how conspiracy theorists get popular(and sell novels), and grow their tribe of fools.
Do not listen to BS.

And do not forget to buy the novel when it comes out
Old 23rd December 2014, 17:16   #356
Team-BHP Support

Unless Mr. Dugain can provide some specifics (which he probably won't) quoting 'security' or 'confidentiality', I find his theory hard to believe and no better than the dime-a-dozen conspiracy theories we hear everyday. Does he have a book coming out soon by any chance?
Old 23rd December 2014, 19:09   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is a British military base in indian ocean.
It's a U.S. military base, leased from the British. It is used as a base for long-range B52s that carry out bombing runs as far away as Afghanistan.
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:14   #358
BHPian

Quote:
There is no proof that US shot down the plane.

The speculation is that "Diego Garcia" was the target. It is a British military base in indian ocean.

I think the US is brave enough to come out and claim it if they have done so.

So IMO its a speculation at best.
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:22   #359
Senior - BHPian

We can debate whether US or some one else shot down this plane. But one thing is sure this incident has shaken the confidence of people on scientific community. On Science forums these are the comments I see now when, say NASA reports about a super planet they located 180 light years away.
Old 24th December 2014, 01:24   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
We can debate whether US or some one else shot down this plane. But one thing is sure this incident has shaken the confidence of people on scientific community. On Science forums these are the comments I see now when, say NASA reports about a super planet they located 180 light years away.

Well, hate to say it, but most likely people making comments like that are not scientists. The one thing all scientist have in common is they will look for the best factual proof. Show me a scientist who believes in this shooting down theory and i will show you an imposter.

Jeroen

Most Viewed