Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2014, 10:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kerala: Pay Traffic Fines online

Have a look at the link below where you can pay the traffic violation fines if it reflects in their automated system for speed tracking.

http://payment.keralapolice.gov.in/epayment.com

Source :- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bewar...00349610169516

Hope that this system reflects other traffic violation fines as well.

If it is made compulsory to pay any/all fines through this system , at least the corruption level will decrease.
Old 17th March 2014, 11:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Kerala: Pay Traffic Fines online

This is how i paid my previous speeding violation, i was caught overspeeding at 81KMPH on an empty stretch of road in Dec 2013 for which the ticket came home last week only. Online payment portal was the only option to make payment apart from respective traffic police stations in each district. Previously it was possible to visit any SBT and pay the fine into their account.

Thank you KP for revising the speed limit to 85KMPH.
Old 17th March 2014, 11:26   #3
BHPian

I paid my fines as well through that link. The offense was reported in December and the notice came to me in last week of February.

By the way, had a chat with a police constable on the revised speed limits today morning while I offered him a lift from Alapuzha to Aroor. He was ignorant of the same. Haven't been able to find any official document to support the same as well.
Meanwhile, I got another camera flash in the morning near Attingal.
Old 17th March 2014, 11:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Have a look at the link below where you can pay the traffic violation fines if it reflects in their automated system for speed tracking.

If it is made compulsory to pay any/all fines through this system , at least the corruption level will decrease.
Any one can see the open tickets for all the vehicles provided if you know the registration number.
Old 17th March 2014, 11:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice initiative, though this has been existing in AP for long. I'm curious to know the amount of penatly for speeding.

In Hyderabad, signal jumping attracts a whopping 1000 rupees fine, though speeding has a lesser penalty, around 200 methinks.
Old 17th March 2014, 13:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Speeding is at 300 rupees here. Got fined in a stretch on the night of Dec 26th at 11pm, 1130pm, 1200am and 1220am for speeds of 83,85,89,81kmph :(
Old 17th March 2014, 15:31   #7
e2p
BHPian

Re: Kerala: Pay Traffic Fines online

I paid for my ticket just now - 300 for overspeeding. The actual speed at the time is not available online, but I know from my colleagues that it will be printed on the ticket send to us.

ICICI bank is not listed for netbanking and there is no option to pay by credit card.

As the speed limits have been revised now, I hope no more tickets for me as I can maintain speed within 85/90.
Old 18th March 2014, 08:15   #8
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 18th March 2014 at 15:35.
sunnyman_46 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th September 2014, 13:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post

Does this website work now? Is there any other links to check for the traffic fines in Kerala?
Old 8th October 2014, 16:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohanan View Post
Does this website work now? Is there any other links to check for the traffic fines in Kerala?
Are you talking about the fine amounts, or wanting to check if your vehicle has a pending fine on it? The site seems to be working fine.

For MV Act provisions on fines etc, please see the below link
http://www.keralamvd.gov.in/index.ph...=73&Itemid=125
Old 9th October 2014, 19:19   #11
BHPian

Got a memo for overspeeding, for doign 93kmph on 15h Aug. But checked the site - http://payment.keralapolice.gov.in/epayment.com
and it says no chargememo reported.
The Fines Rs 400.
Old 10th October 2014, 10:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Got a memo for overspeeding, for doign 93kmph on 15h Aug. But checked the site - http://payment.keralapolice.gov.in/epayment.com
and it says no chargememo reported.
The Fines Rs 400.
I am not too sure. But E-Payment option may be only open to vehicles which have been trapped using fixed speed cameras. We can understand that because the driver may not have known that he has been trapped, continued his journey and may now be at a far away place.

I was once caught by a Traffic Mobile at the Kozhikode byepass where I was doing an 84kmph on a 70 zone *. The fine was Rs.400/- but I had to pay a spot fine. The SI did not give a "check report" or a "charge memo". Check report requires that I pay the fine at the court, don't know about the charge memo.

PS: At Kozhikode I was joking to my wife (when driving through the byepass where the wide road gets into a curve), that if I was the local Traffic Inspector/SI I would have kept a speed trap right after the curve. And perhaps that was a jinx. The Kozhikode City Traffic Mobile was standing right there .
PPS: I had once been charged by Bangalore Traffic Police for stopping at a no-parking zone (inside Cubbon park). The ASI snapped a few photos. But it was only uploaded nearly after 2 months. So the process may be a slow one.
Old 27th October 2015, 14:26   #13
BHPian

TVC - TRVLA via MC road

Last month I had to pay a fine of 2400 for over-speeding in two different incidents . At least now I would like to understand over-speeding penalty by Kerala police.

1. Where is Kudiyala in MC road? I got two tickets from same place. How is this even possible. If it is a mistake is there a online CC to reach out to KP?

2. Is there any vehicle qualification to issue the fine? My car(Ford Fiesta ) and my friends car (Alto k10) were cruising at similar speeds and only I got the tickets?

3. Most of the over-speeding cameras are installed to mint money. If safety was at stake, why speed humps are not installed?

4. How many people in India follow speed limits when it comes to cruising in highways? Especially Kerala is a place with hardly any 'highways'. Here it takes ~5 hours to travel 200 km. And lo we have speed guns flashing at you!

I am not saying that speed limit is insane but I find lack of goodwill. Sorry, but the whole idea looks severely misplaced
Attached Thumbnails
Kerala: Pay Traffic Fines online-sdfcapture.jpg  

Old 27th October 2015, 14:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

So you are upset for being caught? Were you driving within the limit?
Old 27th October 2015, 14:46   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
So you are upset for being caught? Were you driving within the limit?
Not really, I'm a law abiding team bhpian .Only trying to understand the law to serve better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks