Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2014, 02:04   #16
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Khuswant Singh

His own epitaph , in his very words :

Here lies one who spared neither man nor God. Waste not your tears on him, he was a sod. Writing nasty things he regarded as great fun. Thank the Lord he is dead , this son of a gun.
Old 22nd March 2014, 11:50   #17
BANNED

Loved his writing. In particular Delhi. Good time pass stuff with some gems in between. In his columns he often went far in describing women he had met... May his soul rest in peace.
Old 24th March 2014, 12:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Earlier I had nothing but contempt for Khushwant Singh because of his likeness of Mrs Gandhi and because of the fact he would wear the articles of faith, yet deny the basic constructs of the very faith.

But as years passed by and I learnt to somewhat appreciate people and their thinking, I began to respect Mr. Singh. The most outstanding fact of this man was his passion to be truthful - to the extent of being ruthless . And most importantly be truthful to himself. Now, this is a virtue which you don't get to know or see even with difficulty. And for me understanding that superseded all misgivings that I ever harbored about Mr. Singh and I started to read his columns and hear what he said from a different perspective.

RIP Khushwant Singh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks