Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2004, 14:42   #1
BHPian

I've played almost all the racing games in the universe and trust me when I say this one is a totally different experience altogether.

This is the first street car racer that actually makes you feel like 400 kph when you're only doing 150 kph. Don't believe me? Take a look:

But going jet speed alone is not enough. To win the race, you must eliminate the competition. Literally. You need to take them down!

When you take down an opponent, everything goes slo-mo and the camera focuses on the totalled car degenerating beautifully letting you marvel at your work. God bless the Wachowskis!

Obviously if you can wreck others, others can wreck you too. The crashes are simply spectacular, for lack of a better word.

When you crash, you can activate "Impact Time" (the game's version of bullet time, naturally), which lets you -- get a load of this -- steer your heap of crap into oncoming or tailing racers and or traffic to score additional takedown points!

Then there are crash junctions which are streets with traffic - a crossroad or whatever, depending - into which you drive head on and cause a massive pile up and score points for it. Pick powerups and multipliers to increase your "Crash Dollars" and earn more points! Did I mention the bomb in your car that you can detonate when you have sufficient vehicles around you?

Crashilicious!

PS2 and XBOX only!

- Aalaap

Old 7th October 2004, 14:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yup, i saw the review of this one on "Gamer TV". Pretty cool graphics and some really nasty accident. LOl.

But the prob with such games is that they'll never appeal to hardcore drivers. I would rather play GT4, CMR or NFS 5, just bcos they've concentrated more on the handling and tuning of cars, which really get you learning stuff.

This game is good fun, but surely not the best.

Shan2nu
Old 7th October 2004, 15:35   #3
BHPian

I agree about the lack of realism in games like Burnout but that's exactly the point. They aren't put under a Simulation category - these are arcade games that are meant purely for the fun of driving that you otherwise can't get from the real road. GT3 presently possibly the best game in its category - Simulation (havent played Toca 2 yet). I feel the graphics of GT3 are astounding, and that of GT4 are unbelievable. As far as arcade racers are concerned, Burnout 3 owns the road!

It wouldn't be fair to compare GT4 to BO3. It's like comparing NBA LIVE game to NBA Street.

GT3, CMR4, WRC3 are amongst my favorites too. Can't wait for GT4, Toca 2, CMR5 is not really different (imho), and WRC4 i havent seen yet!

- Aalaap
Old 7th October 2004, 15:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]As far as arcade racers are concerned, Burnout 3 owns the road!
Fair enuf. Like you said it is a diff xperience, but i wouldn't be surprised if i got bored with it.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks