Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 22:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Friendly Neighbourhood Painter - Ramesh (New Delhi)

Name:
Ramesh has been in the denting painting business for the last 25 years.
Friendly Neighbourhood Painter - Ramesh (New Delhi)-ramesh.jpg

Phone
: 9210569521

Address: Road 10, Block W , Adj to Delhi Jal Board Office , Greater Kailash II, New Delhi-110048

Coordinates:

Map:
Friendly Neighbourhood Painter - Ramesh (New Delhi)-capture.jpg

Shop timings:
Sunday off.
Other days: 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM

What I like:
  • Polite and courteous.
  • He has been in the business for close to 25 years, so knows a thing or two about how to remove dents from the damnedest of spots.
  • He inspires enough confidence to get some really nice cars to come in for work, unlike the other denter/painters in the neighbourhood. Not to mention, that his staff is always busy on jobs.
  • Willing to work only as a labour jobber (customer supplies the materials), or provide end-to-end service (materials plus labour).
  • Stocks quality paint consumables - 3M brand, and buys paint from locally reputed stores only.
  • Costs are low. In my case : Labour only for 2 bumpers+ 2 doors + 1 fender was Rs 2500/-
What I don't like:
His work is done by the roadside. So yes, Delhi dust or the sudden squal damaging the work done is on your dime.
joybhowmik is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 20:06   #2
BHPian

re: Friendly Neighbourhood Painters - Ramesh & Hassan (New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
  • Willing to work only as a labour jobber (customer supplies the materials), or provide end-to-end service (materials plus labour)......
What I don't like:
His work is done by the roadside. So yes, Delhi dust or the sudden squal damaging the work done is on your dime.

Joy, very informative indeed.
Now, how was the colour match? Does he follow company shade card, the RC book colour code or just "chaalu model" match, considering yours is an Innova?

When you say reputed paint shop, what was the brand : Glasurit, Sikkens, DuPont, ICI....? Does he employ a "color matcher" ustaad-ji or does some random guy mix colors by trial and error?

After the finish: pin holes? Orange peel? The mica/metal effect? Does he use primer before paint or direct paint over filler?

Was he working on dark colored cars as well?

Sorry I could not help but ask so many questions. Here in Indirapuram we have a congress of baboons, setting up "danter panter" shops at random, "ujing 3AM pant" (God knows since when 3M made paint) and ruining the car/panel! The colors are at best like the same animals butt! I BADLY need a reasonably good painter, the Fiat ASS says minimum panel painting charges are now an outrageous 5036 plus taxes!! Water based paint....blah blah...sigh sigh!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 13th April 2014 at 20:10.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 20:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Friendly Neighbourhood Painters - Ramesh & Hassan (New Delhi)

hi lapis_lazuli - my answers in red... hope these answer your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Joy, very informative indeed.
Now, how was the colour match? Does he follow company shade card, the RC book colour code or just "chaalu model" match, considering yours is an Innova?
Actually for me it was my other car a red 11 year old Santro...
But do glance through the colour match process here in this thread.
Yes, I prefer to buy my own materials when it comes to my car.

Quote:
When you say reputed paint shop, what was the brand : Glasurit, Sikkens, DuPont, ICI....? Does he employ a "color matcher" ustaad-ji or does some random guy mix colors by trial and error?
The paint-dealer supplied me "Nippon Auto Paint". It is reasonably good. As you would have read in the other thread- the colour match was done in two stages - first by the computer, and secondly by the "ustaad-ji" (not the painter!)
Ramesh will normally source his paint from RM Paint, or from Sukhdev Market, Kotla. Either way, you are better off ensuring that you are involved in the paint procurement process.

Quote:
After the finish: pin holes? Orange peel? The mica/metal effect?
Pretty well-satisfied with the results. There is no obvious defect in the work done by Ramesh.

Quote:
Does he use primer before paint or direct paint over filler?
He will use primer before paint.

Quote:
Was he working on dark colored cars as well?
Absolutely. There was a very nice dark blue honda civic

Last edited by GTO : 14th April 2014 at 14:57. Reason: Please use QUOTE the right way (no replying within quotes). Thanks
joybhowmik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 10:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Painter - Ramesh (New Delhi)

Here's something that you may wish to know of...I had a slight dent on the running board of the Innova's passenger side. When I showed it to Ramesh, he mentioned a challenge - that the running board is double skinned, and there's no access to the outer skin. The only way to get access would be to tear a small hole in the side, and use that to insert a screwdriver and use that as a pry bar to remove the dent.
Once the work was done he would smoothen the tear , and apply body filler and paint it over. Estimated cost Rs 1000/- and estimated time - 6-8 hours.

I went over to the main dealer. They had this slide hammer which by the way could also pull dents because it spot welded on to the metal. Estimated cost: Rs 2100/- and estimated time 6-8 hours.

Since the main dealer option did not require a tear to be made, I went ahead with this option.

What I am trying to say is, use Ramesh for the easier dent-paint jobs where access is easy.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 03:57   #5
BHPian

any photos of the job(s)?
Old 18th September 2014, 10:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
any photos of the job(s)?
Unfortunately not for the Innova.
But Ramesh did fix my Santro's door - at a spot where the door is double skinned.
Here's a post with the photo of the damage before the fix.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3043390
Old 19th September 2014, 13:41   #7
BHPian

Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Painters - Ramesh & Hassan (New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Sorry I could not help but ask so many questions. Here in Indirapuram we have a congress of baboons, setting up "danter panter" shops at random, "ujing 3AM pant" (God knows since when 3M made paint) and ruining the car/panel! The colors are at best like the same animals butt! I BADLY need a reasonably good painter, the Fiat ASS says minimum panel painting charges are now an outrageous 5036 plus taxes!! Water based paint....blah blah...sigh sigh!
Were you able to locate a good denter/painter in Indirapuram?
Old 9th October 2017, 20:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to report that Ramesh ji is no more. May the departed soul Rest In Peace.

He has incidentally left no heir to carry on his good work. His colleagues are still available at the same location.

I am requesting the mods to close this thread.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 22:08   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Sorry to report that Ramesh ji is no more. May the departed soul Rest In Peace.

He has incidentally left no heir to carry on his good work. His colleagues are still available at the same location.

I am requesting the mods to close this thread.
Thread Closed.

Very sorry to hear this news. May he Rest in Peace.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks