Belgium 2 1.10%
Algeria 0 0%
Russia 0 0%
Korea Republic 0 0%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2014, 10:41   #61
BHPian

Fully agree with the rants about Sony Six . It's hard enough staying awake and you have to put up with the lousy commentary. I only managed to see the match till half time, but will definitely see the esp vs ned game tonight.
Old 13th June 2014, 10:59   #62
BHPian

Re: The Football World Cup 2014 Thread

I watched the whole match, but it was not so exciting. Brazil looked a bit slow in their tactics. Ideally the score should have been 2-0 for Brazil, the self goal and the penalty for Brazil are just extras. Looking forward to today's match between Spain and Netherlands.

Last edited by joe1980 : 13th June 2014 at 11:01.
Old 13th June 2014, 10:59   #63
BHPian

Totally agree on the Sony Six match show part. Eye candy making fool of herself, bollywood actor trying to show off his biking knowledge and all the live matches he has been to, trying to relate to all the street football he has played as a kid, it was simply .

The funny part was, by the time of the final whistle it was just Gaurav and Crouch left, rest had gone home . So much for their excitement about football.
Old 13th June 2014, 12:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

A crappy match by Brazil- none of the usual artistry associated with a Scolari coached side. Hope they get over their first match jitters. Completed passes were just over 60% for both teams. Neymar got himself a yellow card - totally uncalled for. I mean, his foul!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Fully agree with the rants about Sony Six . It's hard enough staying awake and you have to put up with the lousy commentary.
The commentary was not by Sony - in fact the commentary was good. It is their run up to the match that is totally irritiating. IPL hang-over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Totally agree on the Sony Six match show part. Eye candy making fool of herself, bollywood actor trying to show off his biking knowledge and all the live matches he has been to, trying to relate to all the street football he has played as a kid, it was simply .

The funny part was, by the time of the final whistle it was just Gaurav and Crouch left, rest had gone home . So much for their excitement about football.
Agree 100%!!

There were some signal problems during the match - did any of you guys experience that. I just wanted to know whether it is a Dish TV problem
Old 13th June 2014, 12:33   #65
Senior - BHPian

+1 to all the rants about Sony's pre-match show.
My dad who never watches football or any other sport in general sat down for the opening ceremony and decided to wait till kick-off,but we were so annoyed by the poor discussion that we turned tv off midway and put it back only at 1:30 or so. We watched till that lady came on and started going on about John who in turn found it right to show-off his knowledge on bikes,couldn't take it any longer after that.

Will probably stay up for the Spain vs Netherlands today.
Old 13th June 2014, 12:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

Agree with everybody here about the Sony Six pre match show. What were they thinking getting John Abraham (of all people) on the show? Even my wife, who doesn't understand why 22 men run around a single ball , asked me what he was doing on the show.

I did not watch the match yesterday but looks like Brazil are not very hard to beat from what I read here. I've always had a soft corner for the German in all the world cups and I hope they go all the way this year
Old 13th June 2014, 13:26   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
There were some signal problems during the match - did any of you guys experience that. I just wanted to know whether it is a Dish TV problem
Nope. No such problems with Tata Sky.
Old 13th June 2014, 13:57   #68
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone use the Sony LIV sports website and their iOS/Android apps to watch the game live? I simply couldn't get the live streaming to work at all.

Quote:
A crappy match by Brazil- none of the usual artistry associated with a Scolari coached side.
Yes, yesterday they were hardly a patch on Scolari's Brazil that won the 2002 World Cup. They were very lucky to get that penalty and take the lead. If they continue to play like this, they'll get beaten by a strong team in the knock-out stages. Felipão is a brilliant coach though, and I'm sure he'll force the Brazilians to improve in every area.

Quote:
The commentary was not by Sony - in fact the commentary was good. It is their run up to the match that is totally irritiating. IPL hang-over?
I agree completely! The commentary was very good. Their antics in the studio were pathetic and hardly professional. ESPN/Star Sports would have surely done a much better and professional job.

Quote:
I, too, use Dish TV and the signal issues were very annoying indeed.

Last edited by RSR : 13th June 2014 at 13:59.
Old 13th June 2014, 14:03   #69
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see that all stupid things they do in IPL are taken to Football World cup discussion. Decided to switch to Sony Six just before starting the match. Even my wifey asked what is John doing there....

Here is youngest Brazil fan from India...my 6 months old son
Attached Thumbnails
The Football World Cup 2014 Thread-sudvik-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th June 2014 at 14:07.
Old 13th June 2014, 18:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Sad to see that all stupid things they do in IPL are taken to Football World cup discussion. Decided to switch to Sony Six just before starting the match. Even my wifey asked what is John doing there....

Hehehe, lovely shot that - fan in the making eh.

Yes, hopefully SonySIX have learnt something from all the vitriol that was poured on them on Twitter and Facebook and got some replacements in the panel. No, not replace Crouch and Silvestre. Replace Gaurav, John and that lady.
Old 13th June 2014, 19:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Good one! Probably he needs a football shoe!
Old 14th June 2014, 00:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yes, hopefully SonySIX have learnt something from all the vitriol that was poured on them on Twitter and Facebook and got some replacements in the panel. No, not replace Crouch and Silvestre. Replace Gaurav, John and that lady.
The guy, the lady and John not seen tonight. Hope they have gone for good. I wish they also remove Chettri - no offense, but I can't understand a word he is saying (I think even Crouch and Silvestre would feel the same) and he hogs the mike for a boringly long time, jutting in unwantedly!!

Today, as in the last WC, Mexico Samba'ed better than Brazil. dos Santos started where he left off in 2010 and improved further. Felt very sorry when both his legitimate goals were ruled off-side. Hope Mexico advances much further this time. Cameroon's attacks were sporadic and they were listless most of the time
Old 14th June 2014, 01:45   #73
BHPian

What a header by RVP ! And that collect and goal by Robben! Beauty!
Old 14th June 2014, 01:59   #74
Senior - BHPian

I felt bad when penalty decision was given against Dutch. Now at 70th minute score card read Spain 1 Dutch 3. Excellent goals by Van persie and Robben. Game is getting bit rough too.

Edit: Persie scored again... 1-4 now!!!
Edit2: Robben scored again ... 1-5 now

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th June 2014 at 02:09.
Old 14th June 2014, 02:13   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I felt bad when penalty decision was given against Dutch. Now at 70th minute score card read Spain 1 Dutch 3. Excellent goals by Van persie and Robben. Game is getting bit rough too.

Edit: Persie scored again... 1-4 now!!!
Edit2: Robben scored again ... 1-5 now
Honestly, Spain didnt deserve the penalty! But what a comeback by the Dutch. Im loving it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks