Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 18:09   #31
BHPian

Agreed on the 1BHK. Will surely start looking up housing website's. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 14th January 2016, 20:37   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Moving to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Gents, will be moving to Bangalore from February. Office will most probably based out of Bellandur in RMZ Ecospace. Can anyone suggest a good place to rent a place nearby (reading the horror stories in the Bangalore traffic thread is giving me jitters ) The only criteria should be commuting hassles should be the least. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, the moment you say Ecospace, you are already in a whirlpool of traffic. So welcome to the horror .

I stay in the area behind Ecospace. Rentals are around 20-22K + maintenance for a 2 bedroom in a normal apartment complex. In the premium ones with a lot of amenities from bigger builders it will be higher.

1 bedrooms will be difficult to find. There may be the ones where the owner has locked one room with his/her belongings, but the rent will still be high.

I saw a notice on a furnished 2 bedroom flat available in the complex I stay (a normal one). If interested, I can check details and PM you.

If you can brave some broken pavements and are ready to walk, this is around 15-20 min walk from Ecospace.
Old 14th January 2016, 21:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Unfortunately, the moment you say Ecospace, you are already in a whirlpool of traffic. So welcome to the horror .

I stay in the area behind Ecospace. Rentals are around 20-22K + maintenance for a 2 bedroom in a normal apartment complex. In the premium ones with a lot of amenities from bigger builders it will be higher.

1 bedrooms will be difficult to find. There may be the ones where the owner has locked one room with his/her belongings, but the rent will still be high.

I saw a notice on a furnished 2 bedroom flat available in the complex I stay (a normal one). If interested, I can check details and PM you.

If you can brave some broken pavements and are ready to walk, this is around 15-20 min walk from Ecospace.
I feared as much on the traffic. Please do let me know if the property is still available and let me know the contact number, I will touch base with them. I will most probably staying alone as I don't want to disturb the kids mid school. Thanks a ton for the help and advice.
Old 22nd February 2018, 16:38   #34
BHPian

Dear Bangloreans,
a family member has recently shifted to Bangalore and we had a strange experience while looking for leased apartments.
All the contact numbers of flats we were interested in, on websites like 99acres, sulekha, magicbricks etc. turned out to be hoax. The number is out of service or no one answers. This is so even if the ad for the flat was posted just 2-3 days ago.

Can any local resident recommend a real estate broker for the Indira Nagar area. Thanks.
Old 22nd February 2018, 16:47   #35
BHPian

Think there is a website called nobroker. Try that out too.
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Relocating to Bangalore

Hi Bengalurur BHPians and other BHPains.

After having stayed in Mumbai all through my life, I am planning to relocate to Bengaluru in another 3 months time. This relocation is purely for office reasons. I was working with a subsidiary of Shell, now moving to main Shell company located in Mahadeva Kodigehalli near to the Bangalore Airport. Requesting help from Bengaluru BHPians to the queries below:

1) Stay options. Will need a min of 3 BHK to accommodate 4 adults and 1 child. For the first 5 months or so I may stay alone and wife and parents would join in Mar 2020. What areas should I be looking for? I am ok to stay max 15 kms from office. The office will be having bus options but will deliberate. Few of my office colleagues who moved from Mumbai to bangalore are staying in Yelhanka, Shobha city etc.
2) Schooling options. Son will complete 7th and progress to 8th Std. Presently studying in DAV school (CBSE), will be looking for CBSE board schools preferably
3)Since parents are aged a good hospital nearby will be another requirement
4)I own a Punto now, already done 70k + kms. Would it be prudent to bring the vehicle to Bangalore and if so what would be the cost implications. I would definitely like to own a vehicle.

To start with I am listing the above queries, as days progress I will be having a few more.

Mods: If any thread exists on subject, kindly merge.
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Relocating to Bangalore

Heart welcome to namma Bengaluru

Most of your questions have large open ended answers. One thing I can confidently say, stay as close as to office as much as possible. 15 Km is a V E R Y l o n g distance to commute in Bangalore, especially during peak hours, considering, I've experienced ridden (not driven) in peak hours of Mumbai & Bangalore traffic.

Just like there's a motorcycle club in every streets of Bangalore, there's also that many number of schools as well. Most of them are...less said better (in the entire nation, not just Bangalore)

Vehicle, yes you can drive Punto & drive it legally for up to an year. If you love the car, start the transfer process, otherwise, try to welcome a new car member in the family (RTO's acche din is not visible even in the horizon)
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:34   #38
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Bengalurur BHPians and other BHPains.
To start with I am listing the above queries, as days progress I will be having a few more.
Congratulations on your new role/job and welcome to Bengaluru
I would suggest you to look for accommodation in apartments on Hennur road close to the Dodda Gubbi area like Salarpuria Gold Summit, Salarpuria Aspire etc. This will also be close to hospitals and CBSE schools like the Euro school (I think it's the zee group's school).
This will also be about 10-15km max from Shell office campus and very relaxed traffic conditions at least now. Not too far from the airport as well. Hennur road on the other side connects easily and quickly to the city centre as well. Coincidentally I know someone who stays in that area, works at Shell and their children go to Euro school

Another option for your accommodation would be to look at Ozone Urbana which is a massive housing + commercial campus that also has a National Public school in their campus (CBSE). However, this place is still developing and nearer to the airport just off the highway and you may not have as many closer options for shopping, etc like Hennur road.

On the car, you can use it in Karnataka for a year and after that pay life time tax here, which may not be worth it. Do consider selling off your car in Mumbai and buying a pre-worshipped or new car in Bangalore.

*Look up the map and you will see that the place on Hennur road I'm suggesting is the alternative road towards airport and against the normal direction of office traffic in Bangalore and hence not like driving inside the city/towards areas housing the IT corporates.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd August 2019 at 17:41.
Old 3rd August 2019, 20:12   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, Ghodlur.

I suggest: get into a PG initially near the office. There are ones where you can get a single room. This will help you get a foot in, and then you can get familiar with the areas. Look for a school next - since they will have timelines for admission. Based on the locations of school and office, find a suitable apt.

15kms is too wide a range - esp considering our traffic, and all the construction work going on (roads, metro etc).
Old 3rd August 2019, 23:50   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Few of my office colleagues who moved from Mumbai to Bangalore are staying in Yelhanka, Shobha city etc.
Welcome to Bangalore.

Yelahanka is the right choice IMHO. The office route you need to take is the Hyderabad / airport highway with no pain points (except toll payment every day). I can surely tell so because my wife used to do this daily commute earlier.

Plus, it is the closest developed area possible near your office. Yelahanka now has a mall and Central with movie theatres, good connectivity in terms of bus stops, railway station, proximity to airport etc - and it's still not as congested as the city (or even considered a part of the city by a good majority of Bangaloreans.

PS: Considering FIAT resale value, I would suggest to bring the car rather than sell it. Road tax, if you opt to pay, should cost between 50-60k approx. Will calculate and share the amount later if you are not able to find the details (At present travelling).
Old 4th August 2019, 00:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bengalurur BHPians and other BHPains.Few of my office colleagues who moved from Mumbai to bangalore are staying in Yelhanka, Shobha city etc.

3)Since parents are aged a good hospital nearby will be another requirement
Welcome to Bangalore.

Yelahanka is a logical choice but I don't think there are any good hospitals very close. The closest good hospital is Columbia Asia at Hebbal. So if hospital is a priority, you need to move closer to Hebbal, which is kind of where the city begins. You will get good accomodation and schools along with traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Heart welcome to namma Bengaluru
When did you move to Bangalore? We need to meet up.
Old 4th August 2019, 09:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Heartfelt thanks to all who responded with some super valuable suggestions. I am visiting Bangalore tomorrow to the office albeit for a training but will definitely speak to a few colleagues who have been residing in Yelhanka for over 6 months now.

@NPV - Will check out Hennur Road option too.

Please keep the suggestions coming. Thanks to all in advance. Hope to see you all in person.
Old 4th August 2019, 12:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey ghodlur,
Do check out Sahakarnagar as well. It is close to quite a few good hospitals and has good schools nearby. It is also a very good residential area. You would anyway have the elevated airport road to reach your office.
Either ways, a very warm welcome to namma bengalooru.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 4th August 2019, 12:42   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Stay options
Welcome to Bangalore. Yelahanka should be your best bet. I know a few people in my extended friend circle who work with Shell and stay in Yelahanka new town area. Lots of CBSE schools in and around the area. If I were you, I would get my car, drive around and then later figure tax etc.
Old 4th August 2019, 16:42   #45
BHPian

A map to the location could give you more options. Few places that might suit you -
Jakkur; Amruthahalli; Sahakar Nagar; Yelahanka;...

Few things to prepare for:

1) A 10-month rental equivalent advance for the security deposit. You can certainly negotiate a bit most places. Be prepared to also forfeit about one month rent equivalent when it's time to move out!

2) Independent houses vs Apartment complex : My preference is typically for the apt. complex due to multiple advantages such as power backup (if one chooses such a complex); water backup; relatively easier to find cooks and domestic help etc.

Will add more points if I remember anything else.

Most Viewed