Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2019, 22:10   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 297
Thanked: 1,438 Times
Default Re: Moving to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
you did point on one subtle "cultural difference" later in your post
Ah, yes! Touche!

One point I could recollect that might be useful for folks renting in Bangalore -

Many landlords still insist on 10-month rent as security deposit. Guess the Karnataka rent control act (2001) stipulates this to be not more than 3-month rent equivalent.

Tenants may have to find ways to bring down the security deposit amount.
Miyata is offline  
Old 10th December 2019, 21:01   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOM
Posts: 2,129
Thanked: 3,317 Times
Default Re: Moving to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Ah, yes! Touche!

One point I could recollect that might be useful for folks renting in Bangalore -

Many landlords still insist on 10-month rent as security deposit. Guess the Karnataka rent control act (2001) stipulates this to be not more than 3-month rent equivalent.

Tenants may have to find ways to bring down the security deposit amount.
Anyone worked around this? I see deposits from 1L to 1.5L irrespective of the rent amount.

Also if someone moves out within a 3-4 month period (worst case scenario), what's the general scene to be expected in bangalore?
ninjatalli is offline  
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:31   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 297
Thanked: 1,438 Times
Default Re: Moving to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Anyone worked around this? I see deposits from 1L to 1.5L irrespective of the rent amount.

Also if someone moves out within a 3-4 month period (worst case scenario), what's the general scene to be expected in bangalore?
From what I've seen (my own experience and those of folks I know), many people are willing to settle for about 80,000/- to 1 lakh for deposit. If someone refuses to be reasonable, I think that place is best avoided anyway!

You could use this also as potential weeding mechanism for landlords.

I once moved out from a rental place less than 6-months after moving-in. I had earlier rejected many very good rental properties but what I felt were rather unreasonable landlords. The one that I finally settled with, the landlord was very accommodating and did not deduct anything from the deposit. Of course, it also helped that most times we maintain the apartments in great condition. Many times when we vacate the place, the apartment has been in better condition than what we have received!

I guess you'll find many wonderful landlords as well who will be reasonable and accommodating. Just that it will take some patience going through the process.

The worst-case scenario - you will lose a month's equivalent rental from the safety deposit. This even with adhering to the clauses on the rent agreement that may require of you to inform the landlord a month ahead of time!
Miyata is offline  
Old 10th January 2020, 12:15   #94
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MAS,BLR,PUN
Posts: 126
Thanked: 257 Times
Default Re: Moving to Bangalore

I have moved to B'lore with family and my wife's work place is in Rajaji Nagar but my office is in Whitefield both two extreme ends of the city. I am searching for a 3bhk apartment and not sure which area to look so that office commute takes less time. I see that the Namma Metro is available from Byhappanahalli to Rajaji Nagar and see if I stay somewhere along this route, I can commute to Whitefield from here either by personal vehicle or by public transport. Can any of you please give me suggestions as to which locality would be good so as to make commute to office less of a bother for both of us.
whencut86 is offline  
Old 10th January 2020, 12:32   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,048
Thanked: 4,076 Times
Default Re: Moving to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I have moved to B'lore with family and my wife's work place is in Rajaji Nagar but my office is in Whitefield both two extreme ends of the city. I am searching for a 3bhk apartment and not sure which area to look so that office commute takes less time. I see that the Namma Metro is available from Byhappanahalli to Rajaji Nagar and see if I stay somewhere along this route, I can commute to Whitefield from here either by personal vehicle or by public transport. Can any of you please give me suggestions as to which locality would be good so as to make commute to office less of a bother for both of us.
Metro will be your savior and as you said staying across Metro lines would be wiser. Indiranagar might work out well. If you want to avoid Metro you can consider Manyata area, this will have considerable travel time owing to traffic.
PrideRed is offline  
Old 10th January 2020, 12:36   #96
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,640
Thanked: 5,713 Times
Default Re: Moving to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I have moved to B'lore with family and my wife's work place is in Rajaji Nagar but my office is in Whitefield both two extreme ends of the city. I am searching for a 3bhk apartment and not sure which area to look so that office commute takes less time. I see that the Namma Metro is available from Byhappanahalli to Rajaji Nagar and see if I stay somewhere along this route, I can commute to Whitefield from here either by personal vehicle or by public transport. Can any of you please give me suggestions as to which locality would be good so as to make commute to office less of a bother for both of us.
Look up this ex serviceman quarters called jal vayu towers on google maps. See if it works for you. Its walking distance to Byapanahalli metro station.

You can read the google reviews about the gated community as well.

Last edited by Red Liner : 10th January 2020 at 12:37.
Red Liner is online now  
Old 12th January 2020, 17:31   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 391
Thanked: 784 Times
Default Re: Moving to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I have moved to B'lore with family and my wife's work place is in Rajaji Nagar but my office is in Whitefield both two extreme ends of the city. I am searching for a 3bhk apartment and not sure which area to look so that office commute takes less time. I see that the Namma Metro is available from Byhappanahalli to Rajaji Nagar and see if I stay somewhere along this route, I can commute to Whitefield from here either by personal vehicle or by public transport. Can any of you please give me suggestions as to which locality would be good so as to make commute to office less of a bother for both of us.
Red Liners choice is excellent, and would have been my first suggestion, but if that doesn't work out you can look for a flat along Varthur Road, Nagavarapalya which is about a 10-15 min walk to the Byappanahalli terminal.

Some of the better apt complexes on this road are ; Prestige Greenwood, Salarpuria Silverwoods, and a few from Total Environments.

Good luck.
keroo1099 is online now  
Old 20th February 2020, 12:07   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MAS,BLR,PUN
Posts: 126
Thanked: 257 Times
Default Re: Moving to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Metro will be your savior and as you said staying across Metro lines would be wiser. Indiranagar might work out well. If you want to avoid Metro you can consider Manyata area, this will have considerable travel time owing to traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Look up this ex serviceman quarters called jal vayu towers on google maps. See if it works for you. Its walking distance to Byapanahalli metro station.

You can read the google reviews about the gated community as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Red Liners choice is excellent, and would have been my first suggestion, but if that doesn't work out you can look for a flat along Varthur Road, Nagavarapalya which is about a 10-15 min walk to the Byappanahalli terminal.

Some of the better apt complexes on this road are ; Prestige Greenwood, Salarpuria Silverwoods, and a few from Total Environments.

Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestions. After searching in a lot of areas, finally narrowed down to Kasturi Nagar and got a 3bhk for 25K including maintenance. This is about 5 minutes from Byhappanahalli Metro station and Whitefield is accessible by bus from Kasturi Nagar bus stop. Plan to take the bus instead of riding/driving to avoid the traffic near Tin Factory/KR Puram junctions and the pollution that comes with it.
whencut86 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks