Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2004, 02:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
I had been on the expressway on 13th October i.e the election day.even though the condition of the road is okay,there were some things that were really terrifying.
There is water inside the tunnels.though much cannot be done abt it ,if its cuming from inside the rocks,still I feel
warning signs should be put to warn abt this.as the first tunnel has a slight curve when u enter into it.and all of us are usually doing 100+on this stretch ,and so even a slight dab on the brakes,is enough for you to aquaplane.i almost felt my car’s front sliding ,when I downshifted to slow down.
this is really a very dangerous situation.
Also a truck had broken down on the fast lane ,after the first toll booth.almost half of the road was blocked with drums used for maybe maintainence work.i had a near-miss with this truck,and and the edge of my mirror brushed it,at 140-150kph.there is big scratch on the black cover of my LHS mirror.dunno wat wud have happened even if a small body part had touched it or had anyone opened the truck driver door.there was no warning nor any reflectors put to warn others.i was so pissed off that I stopped and called the emergency number and showred them with all the hindi gaalis that I cud remember.at that time it was around 845pm and there were cars that were following me at almost 100+speeds.
Guess wat wud have happened if I had crashed into either the truck or the drums.??
I know I was a bit abt the speed limits ,but still had there been a warning ,I cud have taken some precautions.
Just after the ghats on the downhill stretch ,I also saw 2 dogs who were taking a stroll .
THE BEST PART OF THIS DRIVE WAS SEEING A VTEC OVERATKING ME WITH 140-150 ON MY SPEEDO.
So guys be careful whenever on the xpressway on the curves as u never know wat to expect.
on this particular ocassion it was as if u were playing a video game never knowing wat will be thrown at u at the other end

Drive safe,
Speedsatya.
Old 17th October 2004, 03:43   #2
Team-BHP Support