Team-BHP - Plight Of A Passed Out Automobile Engineering Diploma Student
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Plight Of A Passed Out Automobile Engineering Diploma Student (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/15228-plight-passed-out-automobile-engineering-diploma-student.html)

Hey guys This is comming Out of anger/frustration/irritation and what not.I Live in mumbai and have done that all my life.I am 20 years old.I went to bangalore after 10th ssc results came out to do my diploma in automobile engineering from K.S polytechnic in bangalore which is there on the kanakpura road.Its a recognised institute of karnataka technical education.
Studied there hard ghisa ghisa ke.Got 67%(Annual patter) in my final year diploma in automobile engineering and completed my diploma last year.Got a 3rd rank in class too.Now here is where the sad part starts.
Came down to mumbai applied for the centralized addmission process for direct addmission into 2nd year degree as i had good % i was eligible for direct admision into 2nd year and they had categories there for maharashtra and outside maharastra candidate.I was considered as an outside mahrashtra candidate as i had done my diploma from outside mahrashtra.Even though i had an equivalence certificate which clearly states that my diploma course in bangalore is equal to the diploma course in mumbai through the msbt(mahrashtra state board of techinical education).
The results of the centralized admission process came out to my horror i had not been alotted a seat anywhere from the options i had filled.Just because i did my diploma from outside maharashtra they conidered me an outside maharasthra candidate and first prefrence is always given to maharashtra candidate and then if seats are left than outside maharashtra candidates are alloted.Last ray of hope lay in the vacancy form that came out in saboo siddhik which is the only college which has automobile engineering in mumbai and was the college in which i wanted admission and i had filled the first prefrence as saboo siddhik but i did not get it through the centralized admission process.Filled the vacany form there and the vacany merit lists were out and i was overjoyed to see that my name was 2nd in the merit list.My faith in god was restored that god cant possibly be so mean to me.On the day when they were giving admission in saboo siddhik went to the college all happy.The first guy in the merit list went to principals office and got it in automobile engineering.Now it was my turn.As soon as i go to enter the pricipals office for admission the poen comes out and says that automobile engineering seats are over.So no more admission for me.Tears trickling down my eyes i look at my dad.He pushes the peon asisde and dad and me enter the pricipals office.My dad directly asks him about the donation about he would take to give me admission.He says sorry seats are already over and there is not chance of any donation or anything as no more seats are left.All dejected leave the college and dont see any miracle happening anywhere.Leave the though of doing Be automobile engineering and start over looking for mechanical engineering colleges.Go to many colleges but the same reply sorry sir seats are over.Try getting into first year but everything is full by then.
Dad is all sad that he could not do anything about my admission.Try all sources but nothing seems to be working out.Curse the Technical board for the stupid rules they lay out.On top of that get a final blow when i get to know that my friends in 62 and 63% have got it in good colleges and i am left alone sitting at home.
Decide to leave this year and try from next year.Meanwhile do a course in Catia which is an automotive design software.
The centralised process forms have started for this year.Going to fill that and meanwhile dad has Put a word to many MLA's and ministers for my admission into saboo siddhik this year.Hopefully it should be done otherwise i will have to leave my dream of doing BE in automobile engineering and suffice with mechanical engineering.
Sorry folks if i bored u with this long story.

Maybe there is a hidden meaning to what happens, maybe for good. Saboo Siddik is probably not worth all the trouble, frustration will come for many more years to come. Im hoping you have gone through the syllabus for the course, otherwise you will be in for a rude shock, your subjects will be the same as mechanical engg till the 3rd year, 6th sem will let you see 3 diff subjects. Just watch before you leap, into what could be an abyss.

Yeah i have gone through the syllabus and i am completely ready for it.Most of the subjects are what i had studied in diploma but at a little higher level difficulty.I am totally ready for it but the main thing is admission.I had gone to bangalore just because i wanted to diploma in automobile engineering and as there was no diploma in a good college here.So u can understand how much troubles i have taken to go away from home and all.Mechnical diploma could have been done but i wanted to do only automobile engineering.

Hey Humyum I too am trying for Saboo Sidik and that too for 1st year Automobile course.
Hope get admitted there or will have to do Mechanical!!

And you said you are going to learn CATIA,where in mumbai can you learn this couse???
I too want to do Automobile engg. and then go for Automobile design!!

Hey SRK i already finished doing the course in CATIA.I did it at CAD center.U must be having a Cad center branch near your house as there are many of them around mumbai.

humyum, are you fixed on doing engineering from Mumbai itself? Because you might get admission in some collages in Pune. Though not the good ones.

Hey Adya there are many colleges in pune but none of them have automobile engineering.There are only 3 colleges in the whole maharashtra which have automobile engineering represented by the mumbai univeristy.Only 180 seats for automobile engineering for the entire maharashtra:(

All I can say is that CATIA is pretty hot right now. Try to learn FEA software like NASTRAN, Abacus....but of course its always a plus to have a engg degree.

humyun, what about trying for automobile engg in Karnataka ? I know the fees will be a little high.
Down side is that the process for this academic year here has already finished the first half - the exams

This was one reason for me to come abroad for studies. I attended 2 years at a deemed university college in Mumbai for Automobile Engineering. But boy the professors were dumb and couldnt even answer my queries properly. Here in San Jose I have taken Mechanical Engineering and will be specializing in Automobile engineering. Here Automobile Engineering is not available as a full blown BE course though I can take automobile engineering subjects in my Mechanical Engineering course.

Humyum I think there are better colleges in South..
Also since you have already been away from home you are experienced.
I on the other cant stay away from mumbai & my parents!
Also many say that if you do automobile engg. you will be only a salesperson in one of the showrooms around...
What are your plans??

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor
humyun, what about trying for automobile engg in Karnataka ? I know the fees will be a little high.
Down side is that the process for this academic year here has already finished the first half - the exams

Condor man that was the first thing in my mind when i did not get my addmissions last here in mumbai but they have started new rules in karnataka which states that u have to have a domicile of 7 years in karnataka to give the CET exams and colleges ask for CET for admission into direct 2nd year.So there my chances all went kaput.I had plans of giving CET exams in karnataka but their new rules made me not eligible.One more thing there are no automobile engineering colleges in bangalore and i was staying with my relatives in bangalore so it was home like enviorment for me.The colleges are in gulbarga and mandya and i was not ready for hostel life and that too i would have had to start with 1st year so i thought i might as well waste a year and take my chances in mumbai with direct 2nd year in saboo siddhik with influence or mechnical engineering that too from 2nd year by paying donation.
Quote:

Originally Posted by STRATOS
This was one reason for me to come abroad for studies. I attended 2 years at a deemed university college in Mumbai for Automobile Engineering. But boy the professors were dumb and couldnt even answer my queries properly. Here in San Jose I have taken Mechanical Engineering and will be specializing in Automobile engineering. Here Automobile Engineering is not available as a full blown BE course though I can take automobile engineering subjects in my Mechanical Engineering course.

Dude i did plan about going abroad and had narrowed down on UK for doing automobile engineering BE and had already applied through planet education and Edwise.The BE courses in Uk are 3 years and i got a credit of 1 year due to my good perecentage in diploma.I had plans of doing BE in automobile engineering and than masters in motorsports and powertrain engineering which is a one year masters course in UK.But the cost factor played a big part and we could not afford such high expenses.So dropped the idea.Now planning to do automobile engineering preferably or mechnical engineering if i dont get it into automobile.After completion of BE will do Masters in motorsports and powertrain engineering from UK.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK
Humyum I think there are better colleges in South..
Also since you have already been away from home you are experienced.
I on the other cant stay away from mumbai & my parents!
Also many say that if you do automobile engg. you will be only a salesperson in one of the showrooms around...
What are your plans??

yeah i was away from home but i was in my relatives place which was like another home for me for 3 years.I would not prefer to go to go to hostel or somewhere as i think i am not that kind of material atleast now to manage in a hostel.Automobile engineering Can get you a job as salesperson but u can study further after automobile engineering and get a very highpaying job.The trick is not to stop after BE and do masters and even PHD if possible.Then look at the job prospects you will be amazed.

Guys Good news got through automobile engineering direct 2nd year in saboo.College started and have already started attending it.:):)

Congrats, Humyun. Here's wishing you the best.

Congrats bro!!!!
Wish you all the best!!!
Study well n do us proud!!