Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:42   #31
BHPian

Re: Your longest walk?

About 20kms from Andheri to Siddhivinayak Temple in Prabhadevi. Was going through a bad phase and wanted to walk to clear my mind!!
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:24   #32
BHPian

18.5 KM, and that too pushing my punctured and fuel-less bike. I was in my college that time. My bike's tube burst on the Chennai Bypass road somewhere after Maduravoyal. Those were the days when the road was just completed and there were no repair shops anywhere.

I started walking, pushing the bike along till Peerkankaranai Bus Stop, Perungaluthur. I left the bike there, went home, and dropped dead on the bed.

Your longest walk?-walk.jpg
source:google maps
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Whew! I once did about 10 kms walk, and I thought I had achieved something. Looks like it is nothing

I had a ligament tear in my right ankle while playing football and was trapped at home for 3 weeks, with a cast on the right leg. I was advised not to play for a while longer, after the cast was removed. Then I started walking 3 KMs every weekend for 2 months. Finally I did this 10 KMs walk which convinced me that I could play football again.
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:33   #34
BHPian

I once walked from Borivali west to Thane... a distance of around 28 kms in 6 hours. The godbunder road was just being constructed, and i walked through mud slush and all, immaculately dressed - leather shoes. Just had an argument with a friend, and walked to clear my head.

This would be the longest that I have done as an adult. As a part of a trekking group when in school, we had once walked over 40 kms as KIDS!!

Sabari Malai walks from pampa nadi to the top are a yearly affair!

Last edited by an_and : 22nd July 2014 at 16:36. Reason: add..

Most Viewed