Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2006, 00:09   #31
BHPian

Car! the simple 3 letter word, whenever I get to hear it, I lend my special attention to it, be it anything bout cars. This is the madness(or whatever you may call) that got me into Engineering, that too mechanical. My folks got surprised at my decision, cos am pretty good at computers and the last person who knew me would have expected me to go into computers. But then, how could I do this to my love??? It really gave me immense pleasure and satisfaction to just touch and be with my car...I remember spending hours in the hot sunny parking lot inside my car reading the manual and other car stuff when my mom was out shopping. But there came a moment in my life when I had to part with my car. After my dad passed away1 and a half yrs ago, we were and still are insevere crisis. Even my heart didnt want to, but we had to part with our car within a few months of the incident. And I dont know wot, but a part of this played onto my mind. I am still doin my engineering, finishing 2nd yr now, and I have promised myself, I will work hard and earn myself, or rather my heart, a car.

Anyways, keep posting, its great to be here.
Old 12th June 2006, 15:53   #32
BHPian

nobody knows the creations of God.

Can't say its in the blood, because not all members of the same family like cars.

Can't say its in the genes either because of the same reason.

It must be a particular strain in the DNA I suppose?

Or in plain simple words its a God given gift........ and not everyone can emote with their machines.

So long....
Old 12th June 2006, 16:00   #33
BHPian

Ask me what my greatest fear is - The world might run out of petrol by the time I have enough money to buy a Ferrari 355 F1 :(

I know there might be faster "electric" cars by then, but what fun will it be? Unless they manage to rig up a few speakers to make all the engine clatter and exhaust notes!
Old 12th June 2006, 22:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzterdesign
the passion for cars is really unexplainable! but as far as i can remember.................. it all started in the year 1994 i was 2yrs old and we just brought a new car (maruti 800)
Thankyou All People,You All have No Idea How Greatfull I Am To You Guys!
In 1994 you were 2 years old and that means that you are 1992 model. (Thats the trend in our house. We don't ask ones year of birth, instead ask them by their year of model). Anyway that makes you 14 years old and that makes me proud to have such a young fella as my fellow member on this wonderful Forum.

Its great to have you amid us.

So long....
Old 13th June 2006, 18:05   #35
BHPian

I love cars..i just cant live without it. Without car i m Bekaar.. and i really mean it. Even if i have to go to the nearest market i take it, not because i cant walk but i love to spend more time with my car, Driving it..

Cars were my facination from childhood itself. i only had cars as my toys.. And that too scale models. some of them i still have..

If i feel alone, sad or angry i just get in my car and take a short drive, which makes me feel good.
It gives me a sense of freedom...

So the bottom line is....
I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT CARS.

Last edited by streetlife : 13th June 2006 at 18:06.
Old 13th June 2006, 18:31   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Ask me what my greatest fear is - The world might run out of petrol by the time I have enough money to buy a Ferrari 355 F1 :(
Strange!

Because my biggest fear is that when i have enough money to buy a 355 (though a manual transmission mind you), i wont be able to find one in good enough condition!

cya
R

ps - Hey Harrie...why dont you fill some jerry cans with petrol and keep 'em till the day comes?
Old 13th June 2006, 19:10   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
ps - Hey Harrie...why dont you fill some jerry cans with petrol and keep 'em till the day comes?
When the day comes the jerry cans may cost more than the car. Or probably you could sell it as vintage wine....errr.....vintage fuel.

Pray that the day dawns earlier than your expectation.

So long....
Old 27th August 2006, 13:33   #38
BANNED

you are addicted to cars cauz it has the potential to drive you away ...
Old 27th August 2006, 15:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

I simply love cars, i don't know why but it gives me immense pleasure driving them always. Can't imagine a world without cars.
Old 5th September 2006, 01:23   #40
BHPian

The very day car was invented it made its place in ppls heart(ppl like us).

car makes me crazy my world revolves around it.........im a car maniac.
when i was a kid i i saw a remote controlled car and was in luv with it. i asked my dad to buy it for me but he denied......... but i couldnt take out that car out of my mind and the whole day i used to think abt it i used to cry and then i got fever i went to the doctor but that didnt help...... then my dad came to know this is bcoz of this car and so he got that car for me and the next day i was fine the fever had vanished everbody was shocked.......... this is wat car can do to ppl like us.

im not a kid anymore but the passion for car is still there and it has only increased...

im at a very crucial point of my life(i mean to say my career) im planning to pursue MBA but i have one thing very clear in my head im gonna have my own garage someday just like karan shah or Arush!!!! these ppl are my rolemodel.
Old 13th September 2006, 16:07   #41
BHPian

I dont know what it is about Cars. My mother curses me everytime i even open my mouth and get as far as Ca... My sister thinks she has a hearing problem because of me. My Dad is a petrolhead too so is my brother in law. My 16 month old nephew would turn his baby walked around and play with its wheels. He loves every model car of mine. Put him in a car and he'll stand grab the wheel and steer with a rigor not seen in this part of the world since the days of the horse and chariot. He says ka along with ma. His 1st two words. So I dont think it begins after your 1st drive. Its the 1st time you lay eyes on them. Its a love that your born with. Its destiny to spend a life time in love with the automobile. I think we're the chosen ones. I have great sorrow for those who don't understand cars. Theyre aesthetic and mechanical. We love them for how the look and/or how they drive. We love ugly cars. We love slow cars. The operative words are love and cars. I love this site cause Im not wierd here. "You and your cars".."oh god there he goes again" .."dude Im sorry I dont know about cars" ...are lines reserved for the harsh and cruel world out there. In here we're normal.
In the worst of moments, passing on of a loved one, 1st real heartbreak a nice car can still catch your eye. When we cant concentrate on anything, on food or work or family, the car always catches your eye. Your book that you bought with all this anticipation and halfway through is as slow as that roadroller drawn by an elephant in rk narayans engine trouble. You pick up that autocar youve read at least a dozen times. When the 2nd week of the month arrives, having exhausted all of this months auto publication, when heading to the loo you pull out your old car mags and find enjoyment in old articles about peugeot 309s and Fiat Unos coming to India. Every dream of success and money is attributed to the cars that can be added to your stable. We judge a person's good taste by what cars he drives, no matter how classy or rich or tasteful he is in his clothes and homes. Most movies are enjoyed more when the lead is driving something tasty. An author that mentions Car names is a great writer.
But I will agree control has something to do with it, power is orgasmic, speed is the greatest intoxication ever reached, but for all of us freedom is felt only when we drive away into the sunset. The freedom struggle etc. moved me but I didnt feel the sense of the word till i got my license and took my car out and kept turning back so i could take in that Im all alone in my car. These are all the things Ive figured out till now. The rest of this life time and I still doubt I would completely understood what it is about them.

Keep Flooring
BEEM3R

p.s.sorry for the long post.
Old 14th September 2006, 10:03   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R
I dont know what it is about Cars. ...............The rest of this life time and I still doubt I would completely understood what it is about them.

Keep Flooring
BEEM3R

p.s.sorry for the long post.
That was very eloquently put, beem3r. You must be a writer or a journalist. And to tell you the truth, I could relate to a lot of the feelings too; I guess many here will.
Keep writing long posts.
Old 14th September 2006, 11:33   #43
BHPian

It is all about testosrerone.The male hormone.Male are generally crazy about car.Even a small boy is no exception!A car stands for speed,frequent maneuvering,potholes,friction.HAHAHAHA............ It is testosterone.
Old 18th September 2006, 17:00   #44
BHPian

thanks a lot for your encouragement prabuddhadg... not a writer nor a journalist. Just feel very passionately about cars I guess.
Old 18th October 2006, 18:40   #45
BHPian

cars---
wat can one say about them,,
ever exciting, ever changing, loads of variety, can be driven hard and above all rarely complain when whipped hard
reallly they r boys toys and boys will be boys.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks