Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 17:49   #16

Re: The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread

^^^ Spintires is definitely a must play off road simulator with its ultra realistic physics and the tire pressure simulation is just so cool

But the game gets boring once you complete the objectives which hardly takes 10 game hours.
Old 20th August 2014, 19:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocizer View Post
But the game gets boring once you complete the objectives which hardly takes 10 game hours.
Have you tried it in multiplayer mode? If not then do try out, that is where it really shines and bring much more fun. Anyways, I have been playing SpinTires since the tech-demo releases, still not got bored of it. Just keep searching for the downloads section of their forum website and keep trying out new mods, vehicles maps (maps are still to come for the full version) etc
Old 22nd August 2014, 19:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Thanks for the pointer - I went through the details and have built a PVC rig based on simul8r design (some variations). Details posted here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3507586
Great job done right there. Do let me know when you install the sim softwares, we will setup a multiplayer race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Have played lot of race simulators but right now my favorite is "Spin Tires 2014" created by some unknown developers but gained lot of popularity with the full version release.

Major fun part is multiplayer capability where 4 other players can join and start offroading in heavy Russian trucks. One guy sucks and others help with available tools like motored winch etc. Though its equally fun in the single player as well.

Its a very realistic off roading simulator.
I am addicted to it

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=qiOt7SuHGPM

Not sure if offroading simulator is also eligible in this thread.
Spintires is a nice game, but sad it does not support wheels at all.. Playing with mouse and keyboard isnt very fun.

I am currently using Assetto Corsa, LFS and have downloaded GameStockCar as well, will install its new update which gets the 2014 f1 cars and Formula VEE cars.. Going to be fun..

Anyone else who is into sim racing?
Old 31st August 2014, 17:07   #19
BHPian

Well, I compiled some in simulator screenshots and uploaded them to a Facebook Album.. Here is the link for those who wish to take a look..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=46b50d116b

Some of them are amazing
Old 11th October 2014, 13:40   #20
BHPian

Hello guys!
I`m so glad that there are active sim racers in team-bhp.
I own a G27 (brought it brand new 2 years back) and i recently got a Playseat revolution gaming chair.
The feel is awesome. It is a must have thing with the steering wheel. At the moment I play Codemasters Formula1 on PS3 as am a big fan of all their titles, and ocasionally plays Gran Turismo.
Been thinking of setting up a good gaming PC and jump to assetto-corsa or iRacing.
anyway, Keep updating guys.
Happy Gaming
Old 17th November 2014, 16:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post

I am currently using Assetto Corsa, LFS and have downloaded GameStockCar as well, will install its new update which gets the 2014 f1 cars and Formula VEE cars.. Going to be fun..

Anyone else who is into sim racing?
Hey Mudit! Glad that you use LFS too! I am using LFS since 2008. I learned 80% driving on it and I am proud of that. Are you using the full version or demo version? My fastest time on Blackwood with XFG GTI is 1:34:75. Online races are fun. Shows your real driving skills. Haha. Here are a couple of mods I had managed. Had even made a Saudi Drift setup. Link attached for full Saudi Drift video. There are more LFS vids too on my channel. Not lucky enough to use a G25/G27. All I use is a simple device called mouse. Enjoy

Attached Thumbnails
The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-1416220826315.jpg  

The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-1416220856041.jpg  

The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-1416220886712.jpg  

Last edited by 300 KMPH : 17th November 2014 at 16:17.
Old 19th November 2014, 13:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Hey Mudit! Glad that you use LFS too! I am using LFS since 2008. I learned 80% driving on it and I am proud of that. Are you using the full version or demo version? My fastest time on Blackwood with XFG GTI is 1:34:75. Online races are fun. Shows your real driving skills. Haha. Here are a couple of mods I had managed. Had even made a Saudi Drift setup. Link attached for full Saudi Drift video. There are more LFS vids too on my channel. Not lucky enough to use a G25/G27. All I use is a simple device called mouse. Enjoy

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=XNcp1...e_gdata_player
I currently use demo and mostly race on MRc Servers.. FBM @ Blackwood. Did a PB last week (1.13.41). I will take a look at the videos, always great to see fellow racers.

Online races are the real deal, it gets really intense. We usually do 3 laps sprint races. Let me know if you are active there, would love to have a little on track battle

Cheers!
Old 25th November 2014, 10:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I currently use demo and mostly race on MRc Servers.. FBM @ Blackwood. Did a PB last week (1.13.41). I will take a look at the videos, always great to see fellow racers.

Online races are the real deal, it gets really intense. We usually do 3 laps sprint races. Let me know if you are active there, would love to have a little on track battle

Cheers!
Currently I am on a long break due to poor Internet. Will let you know when I come back. 1:13 is a great run. I wish that this game only had better car sounds. They are too soft. There is now some update too. Check their website. Is the VW Scirocco officially available for download?

Last edited by 300 KMPH : 25th November 2014 at 10:05.
Old 12th March 2015, 23:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Spintires is a nice game, but sad it does not support wheels at all.. Playing with mouse and keyboard isnt very fun.
Now it supports steering wheels (including clutch) and they are working hard to keep improving the user experience. Here are changelogs since the game has been released: http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/1...stable-update/
Old 27th March 2015, 22:33   #25
BHPian

Re: Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America

Meanwhile something which i've been doing recently with the guys from the s2000 Club..

We race on Wednesday nights on PS3, with grand tourismo 6. We have themed races every week. So you could pick a car based on your preferences and then limit to the power or power to weight ratio.Some races need stock cars, Some uses suspension and gearbox tuning. All in all It is good fun.

Anyway moving on to pics

1, Pic one is from a 70's Jap car spec race. I was using a Nissan fairlady
2, Was American Muscle race - Me in the Blue ZR1
3, AWD challenge at the Nurbruninging - power limited. I'm in the Evo
4, American Muscle again
5, BMW challenge
Attached Thumbnails
The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-circuitdespafrancorchamps_5_zpscf5a3c60.jpg  

The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-circuitdespafrancorchamps_9_zps8d80faf0.jpg  

The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-nuumlrburgring-nordschleife_3_zpspwpifbo0.jpg  

The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-nuumlrburgringnordschleife_6_zps54bbb316.jpg  

The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-specialstageroute5_2_zpsd682dbe5.jpg  

Jomz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:39   #26
BHPian

Online Sim Racing in India

Hi All,

COVID-19 has been a massive boon for the Online Sim Racing community.

After being on the fence for years and stuck at home for months thanks to the epidemic, I finally decided to invest in a PS4 and an entry level set up (PlaySeat Evolution + Logitech G29)

GT Sport had recently partnered with Toyota GR for an online championship specific to India recognizing the growth in this market.

I noticed there are around 100-150 active drivers on GT Sport from India. Any of them here on TBHP?

I race on GT Sport, Assetto Corsa, F1 2019 and Project Cars 2.

It would be fun to set up our own weekly lobbies for fun races or championships.
Old 1st May 2021, 15:31   #27
BHPian

Re: Online Sim Racing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk24 View Post

I noticed there are around 100-150 active drivers on GT Sport from India. Any of them here on TBHP?
Me too! Finally took the plunge on a PS4 and a G29 late last year. Though I am based in Dubai and racing only on GT Sport at the moment.
Old 2nd May 2021, 11:38   #28
BHPian

Re: Online Sim Racing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
Though I am based in Dubai and racing only on GT Sport at the moment.
Thats great, me too!
I've found a group of competitive Indians on GT Sport and we race regularly.
PM me if you'd like to join.
Old 6th May 2021, 12:28   #29
BHPian

Posting a query on racing wheel, I am looking at purchasing the Logitech G29 and have also considered Thrustmaster 300gt. Not a pro for now but I wish to get serious on online sim racing. It has always been my dream to play the racing games using the steering wheel set up.

Members who are using a racing wheel already would you be able to advise which one should be ideal for a starter like me. I am also looking at reliability, budget friendly and experience.
Old 6th May 2021, 12:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Posting a query on racing wheel, I am looking at purchasing the Logitech G29 and have also considered Thrustmaster 300gt. Not a pro for now but I wish to get serious on online sim racing. It has always been my dream to play the racing games using the steering wheel set up.

Members who are using a racing wheel already would you be able to advise which one should be ideal for a starter like me. I am also looking at reliability, budget friendly and experience.
T300 may be better, but G29 is going to be more reliable & VFM for sure, especially with Logitech's excellent after sales support. Belt driven wheels like the T300 can be more finicky. I'd save the money on the wheel and go for a wheel stand that really helps get a great driving position. I can vouch for the build quality of the one below.
Also, the choice of game is equally as important as the wheel itself. Some games are too arcady and don't offer good Force feedback support. Other ones like Project Cars 2 & BeamNG feel very close to the real thing.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07VPV9BH8/

Last edited by d3mon : 6th May 2021 at 12:45.
d3mon is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks