Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 23:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Happy Birthday, Kishore Kumar (4th August)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You are surely a senior sir. But yes even I too grew up to these very songs that you linked. And yes, I grew with the Vivid Bharati too (and also AIR Urdu Service)

All the 50s/60s songs are gems. Very difficult to name. But almost all Majrooh (Sahir & Shailendra)/SD/Dev/Kishore combo are indelible from memory. Nau Do Gyarah, Paying Guest, Munim Ji, Shararat are some which I just cant forget. The others being Half Ticket, Chalti ka Naam Gaadi, Dilli Ka Thag etc. Chalti Ka Naam Gadi requires a special mention!
Ampere
Hi
Good to know that you too grew up appreciating 50s and 60s songs.
Surprised that you remember Shararat( wasn't too popular).A great favourite of mine is from this movie, picturised on KK and sung by Rafi. AFAIK this is the only song. Correct me if I am wrong. Enjoy

Regards.
PS: You mentioned Sahir.Amazing. Since his songs were anti establishment he did not win any national awards. I.E until he was awarded the Padma Shri late in his life.Who could forget his "jinhe naaz hai hind par who kahaan hai"," chino arab hamaara hindusthan hamara rehne ko ghar nahin hai.." Oops I got carried away
Old 7th August 2014, 21:31   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Surprised that you remember Shararat( wasn't too popular).A great favourite of mine is from this movie, picturised on KK and sung by Rafi.
Yes loved this movie Shararat for the songs. It was one of the seven Shankar Jaikishan releases that year (59) which went Silver Jubliee. (OT. All seven were my favourites. They being Anadi, Kanhaiya, Mai Nashe Mein Hoon, Love Marriage, Shararat, Dil Apna Preet Parai and Ujala.)

Coming back to the topic, Kishore had some amazing songs with Shankar Jaishian too. The movie Rangoli being one. The other was New Delhi. "Nakhare Wali" was a classic! And of course one of the best of Kishore for SJ came later in early 70s for Andaz (Zindagi Ek Safar)

Other than Shankar Jaikishan, how can one forget others, esp the movies he acted! Even now I watch Chalti ka naam Gadi, Half Ticket and Jhumroo.

Apart from Dev, Kishore had some amazing ones for Shashi Kapoor with SD and RD. Sharmilee being one of those movies. Khilte hai gul yahaan is an ever green one there. The other Shashi Kapoor with RD (Pyar Ka Mausam) had a unique case, where the same song had both Rafi and Kishore versions. (Tum bin Jaoon Kahan). Both the versions have their own fan following!

Some how I am not a major follower of Kishore's 70s career. There are beautiful ones there no doubt. But for me the 50s/60s are the ones which still remind me of vintage Kishore.

And last but not least who can forget the song "Din Hai Suhana Aaj Pehlee Tareek Hai"; One which graced Vivid Bharathi on the start of every month.

Writing all this makes me feel, we need to have a dedicate old hindi songs thread exclusively!

Last edited by ampere : 7th August 2014 at 21:34.
Old 7th August 2014, 23:35   #18
BHPian

Ampere
Hi
A great post by you. Great to read it.
Before Vividh Bharti had started broadcasting radio Ceylon used to play the pehli tareekh song at 8 AM. Old songs were at 7.30 AM. Subsequently it started playing this one just before 8 AM.
A couple of months back I had mentioned on FB the Pyar Ka Mausam song being sung by both.
There are so many gems that the thread will get unwieldy.
Regards
PS:You please make a start. Songs with trains in the background or songs shot in them. Train buffs will love them.There was such a thread on a different travelling forum and I was one of the main contributors. My first would be "Aao bachon tumhe dikhayen jhanki..." voted as the most patriotic.
Old 8th August 2014, 00:38   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Came across this blog while searching, which very aptly summarises Kishore's working association with Shankar-Jaikishan. As I always remembered, they have very less numbers of songs to their credit.

http://arghyatext.blogspot.in/2012/0...d-then-87.html

And I do remember the other thread, where you had posted links to couple of train songs. And thats again a Kishore gem. (Gaadi Bula Rahi Hai from Dost). Beautifully sung by Kishore.
Old 8th August 2014, 00:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Kishore Sahab actually gave us some exceptional songs in the past. Here is a song by Kishore Da which is not that old in comparison to his other musical gems.

Song: Sagar jaisi aakhon wali
Movie: Sagar (Rishi ji, Dimple Ji and Shri Kamal Hassan)

A real gem of a song by gem of a musician!

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 8th August 2014 at 00:57. Reason: spelling
Old 8th August 2014, 01:39   #21
BHPian

No mention of Badhti ka naam dadhi? A movie in which almost everything from music to acting to direction was done by the man himself. A must watch for his die-hard fans.

Watch it here

I wish he used his real name, Abhas Kumar Ganguly then I wouldn't have had to spell out my last name till Sourav Ganguly made it famous.
Old 8th August 2014, 22:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this blog while searching, which very aptly summarises Kishore's working association with Shankar-Jaikishan. As I always remembered, they have very less numbers of songs to their credit.

http://arghyatext.blogspot.in/2012/0...d-then-87.html

And I do remember the other thread, where you had posted links to couple of train songs. And thats again a Kishore gem. (Gaadi Bula Rahi Hai from Dost). Beautifully sung by Kishore.
Ampere
Hi.
The railway songs that I was talking about is on a different travel site.
Oops. I thought "gaadi bula rahi hai" is by Manna Dey. Checked on youtube and you are right.
Regards
Old 23rd November 2014, 16:33   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Regards
Reliving the past once again. And once again the melody that rings through this time is Yehudi. Another Shankar-Jaikishan / Shailendra/Hasrat classic. Not to mention about the performances by Dilip Kumar and Sohrab Modi, the music is super-melodius. The only one which people remember is Ye Mera Deewanapan. But there are so many hidden gems in that movie by Lata and Geeta Dutt.

Especially one should listen to "Aate Jaate Pehlu Me Aaya Koi..."
Old 24th November 2014, 17:35   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
PS:You please make a start. Songs with trains in the background or songs shot in them. Train buffs will love them.There was such a thread on a different travelling forum and I was one of the main contributors.
Here is a thread on old Hindi songs. We can carry all the discussions in there:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...i-songs-2.html
Old 24th November 2014, 23:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Reliving the past once again. And once again the melody that rings through this time is Yehudi. Another Shankar-Jaikishan / Shailendra/Hasrat classic. Not to mention about the performances by Dilip Kumar and Sohrab Modi, the music is super-melodius. The only one which people remember is Ye Mera Deewanapan. But there are so many hidden gems in that movie by Lata and Geeta Dutt.

Especially one should listen to "Aate Jaate Pehlu Me Aaya Koi..."
Ampere
Hi.
Great of you to dig up the old thread and revive it.
Yeh mera deewanapan is by Mukesh. I am sure you would be aware of it.
Regarding reviving the old thread I shall appreciate if you would do the honors, at least initially. Will keenly wait for it. I will definitely join in.
Incidentally nowadays I dont have a radio, a cd player or a tape recorder. Discarded them all.
Regards
PS:I will be out of Bombay from the coming monday for 5 days. No internet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks