Team-BHP - guys read this - unbelieveable
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   guys read this - unbelieveable (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/15405-guys-read-unbelieveable.html)

hey it was sunday afternoon when i was just going out for some work. wht i saw next shocked me. there was this south indian guy in my building. he has a new honda city vtec. he was doin some thing inside the bonnet, as i went closer i got the shcok of my life. he put a tarpaulin (tadpatri) on the engine, covered it fully and then closed the bonnet. on further enquiry i gotta know tht he was working in some big mnc and had got the car from the company yesterday.

i asked him why did he put tarpaulin on the engine so he said tht it will prevent water from going in the engine. i had no words to say. smiling at me he drove off.

Hahahaha... what next... plastic on his new toothbrush to protect it from getting wet when he brushes his teeth?

The guy's gonna have a heart attack if the service center guys wash the car in front of him! Sure is funny!

I think he must be working in some m.n.c(ondom) manufacturing co.!! Cant stop laughing on this.Let them comming often.

rl:you should ask him to get a custom made umbrella for his car...

Quote:

Originally Posted by honda_dude
he put a tarpaulin (tadpatri) on the engine, covered it fully and then closed the bonnet. ......i asked him why did he put tarpaulin on the engine so he said tht it will prevent water from going in the engine.

You should've told him, "Dont worry about the engine, the rains are waterproof " rl:
I guess this would have been enough for him to understand, may be NOT;)

az

tell him that teh engines cooled using a mix of coolant and water and wiper washer needs water and its automatically collected frm rain etc and he shouldnt cover it.

is his car's seat covers covered with teh origianl plastics?

Hmmm.
His car was a VTEC right?
Anyone heard the airiel washing powder/soap ad on the radio?
The one where it says that we indians cover stuff we like to use properly with plastic like the car seats etc.
Maybe he took it seriously

This may sound like a joke to us!
But in reality that man may be having no knowledge about cars.
He just loves his car,but doesnt have enough knowlegde!!

Honda does he do this while driving too,or when the engine is hot???
If yes I think it will create a problem for his engine,If possible explain him!!

Quote:

i had no words to say. smiling at me he drove off.

I think you should have told him that he was wrong. You dont lose anything by educating him, do you? I mean, you do consider yourself some kind of auto buff - what use is that knowledge if you dont share it with someone else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
I think you should have told him that he was wrong. You dont lose anything by educating him, do you? I mean, you do consider yourself some kind of auto buff - what use is that knowledge if you dont share it with someone else?

Steeroid , Very Well Said !!! Its very easy for us to sit here and laff at his ignorance but I think a better ending to it wud have been u educating him about cars and water proofing ... that ways we cud still laff at it but give kudos to u for sharing -- we still laff but NO Kudos dude !

Cheers

Surely putting tarpaulin on the engine will cause it to overheat during long drives, or at least strain the cooling system? I wonder if someone advised him to do that in order to deal with calamities like last year's floods -- maybe he thought that the engine will be protected when the car wades through knee-deep water. I do hope he gets the correct technical advice soon.

probably a case of getting influenced after watching National Geographic where the Discovery's engine was covered with tarpaulin to get into 5 ft deep slush / water and maybe ur building person is planning to drive in some 4ft water to check if his car can match them.

btw hope he has the high air intakes installed.

The poor, misinformed soul must really like his car. Do him a favour and tell him to take the tarp off before some serious damage occurs. Something tells me he's the kind who won't notice something's wrong until he sees flames under the hood.

Quote:

hey it was sunday afternoon when i was just going out for some work. wht i saw next shocked me. there was this south indian guy in my building. he has a new honda city vtec. he was doin some thing inside the bonnet, as i went closer i got the shcok of my life. he put a tarpaulin (tadpatri) on the engine, covered it fully and then closed the bonnet. on further enquiry i gotta know tht he was working in some big mnc and had got the car from the company yesterday.
i asked him why did he put tarpaulin on the engine so he said tht it will prevent water from going in the engine. i had no words to say. smiling at me he drove off.

Honda dude,
I am really sorry. But could not understand the relevance of 'South Indian' here. Is that the way you normally refer people? You might use it while talking to your friends. But in a public forum like this... please:
Not sure if I am the only guy not comfortable with these kind of references.

But any way incident was indeed very funny. :)
-Sivadas