Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 22:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Confessions of a novice trying to imitate a Detailer!

OMG OMG. I am in deep trouble !! On a lazy Sunday, I simply posted mischievously in the Jokes thread. Little did I realise that it would adopt an avatar of its own.

Full disclosure - There is far more exaggeration and make believe in the post than reality. Certainly I have not acquired all that stuff - I just picked names of products randomly from the thread. OK; maybe I have one or two, and maybe I at least tried to wash the car !!

Big thank you to fellow BHPians for all the very kind words and for the very nice responses. Of course, it has completely gone to my head and it will take a few days to come back to Planet Earth. When I do, I shall naughtily do an encore, but will strictly confine it to the Jokes thread
Secretariat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 23:59   #32
BHPian

An absolutely fantastic post. Thank you for the laughter and also a fair warning to the intricacies of "OVER-DETAILING".
Old 21st August 2014, 02:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Thank you for your very prompt response. I assume you mean the signal that turns towards Galleria or are you referring to the next one with the one way coming from HUDA city Centre.
Its next to Jalsa. If you are coming from Bristol towards Golf Course its the traffic light after DT mega mall from where you take a right for Galleria. But to reach 3M you would have to skip this light and go to Global Fyoers light, take a U-turn and come back. Then this would fall on the left just before the traffic light which will take you to Galleria.

Sorry, if I messed it all up.
Old 21st August 2014, 07:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
If I ever see Rudra Sen in the flesh, I will sock him in the eye !
Be glad, he didn't write a thread on "how to find the right girl for you".

By the way, you are not alone in this world. I have seen flow-charts for car detailing. Like the one below.

Confessions of a novice trying to imitate a Detailer!-kkzsguq.jpg
Old 21st August 2014, 08:39   #35
BHPian

I think this sums it all up
Attached Thumbnails
Confessions of a novice trying to imitate a Detailer!-1408590546730.jpg  

Old 21st August 2014, 10:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Buddy, you have tried to imitate a veteran/ maverick car detail-er. This in itself is a achievement. I would like to share over here something that says "Why is Sir Rudra Sen a car detail-er par excellence"

Rudra Sir's attention to detail for car detailing has surely made him an encyclopedia of car detailing.
That too, the car is in black. So if Secretariat had really tried detailing, he would have murdered Rudra - the end result would not be a match for Rudra's Optra. There was a snap of Rudra's Amby in some thread, if I remember correctly. That would give every detailer an inferiority complex

But where's Rudra? Waiting for his reply. Or has he been already socked in the eye?
Old 21st August 2014, 13:03   #37
USJ

Dear Secretariat, Take a Bow! I am laughing uncontrollably sitting in my office cubicle when everyone else is wondering what can possibly be so funny for this guy especially when he is reading an automobile forum ! Amazing writing and for a while I was really under the impression that you indeed bought all the stuff that you mentioned. Awaiting eagerly for the one and only Rudra Sir to respond to the Eye Socking threat
Old 21st August 2014, 14:51   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In any case, hair shampoos have long disappeared from yours truly’s bathroom on account of the fact that the item of the anatomy they are supposed to clean has also vanished.
That was one hell of a hilarious post Secretariat. You really did liven up my day. Kudos and good job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
My wife thinks, I spend a lot more time taking care of cleaning my car than I take care of self.
I think it is safe to presume that all wives think so
Old 21st August 2014, 18:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Got up early in the morning for my first detailing attempt. I was unsure about wearing professional overalls, or wearing an apron over casual clothes (I had bought both). I was in favour of overalls, until a kindly soul warned me that the sight of me hunched over a car might attract comments like “Mera car bi kar dho – bees rupya doonga” from passersby.
Hi Secretariat,

If ever there is an award for the most hilarious post/thread - you would have won it hands down with this one post.

I wish the kndly soul had not warned you - you would have made some money at least

Please keep your sense of humor and let us see some more of "your takes on more auto DIY stuff"

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 21st August 2014, 18:49   #40
BHPian

Hilarious

I could have not chosen a better thread to respond as my first post on T-BHP.

You have left all of us in splits. Looking at me laughing at the screen, my wife is giving me the stares. I wonder what she makes of it. Keep writing mate, it was a welcome comic relief !
Old 21st August 2014, 19:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

On the other hand, if I happen to meet Mr Rudra Sen, I simply cannot Thank him enough for starting the detailing thread. I've become super obsessed with detailing & during monsoons, when I'm not interested in riding in rains, I wash, then wash, again wash, again wash & rewash & wash...

Now the itch has gone up from simply Collinite 815 to pursuing Collinite 476 & Megs polish to Ultimate polish, ScratchX & from waste cloths to 3 dozen MF cloths in stock to ONR to Ultima to clay bars & applicator pads to CarPro PERL/TarX to FK108 and whew!! this list only keeps growing. I'm now contemplating to buy Megs G3500 after having sold my Bosch Orbiter.

Sometime I get so high that I go mad I want to detail more & more, but all my vehicles are spic & tidy; feel like asking someone to donate their bike (sorry, I'm not a car person) for detailing

In a way it keeps me close with my rides when I can't be on the road.

PS - I remove the ring from my finger religiously these days esp after going through the other article
Old 21st August 2014, 19:53   #42
BHPian

I am struggling with words here ! The post cracked me up propper Armed with the knowledge out of “A superb Car cleaning, polishing and detailing guide" enthused with the products acquired, I have travelled that path towards being a detailer and I hear you! Secretariat's articulation is genius.........atta boy
Old 21st August 2014, 22:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Quick Question: I am considering getting the carpro ironx - Can you tell me where I can source it from? Can you please share pictures from its use, even though I have already seen some on several threads?
Does this help? - http://www.autofresh.in/exterior-car...20-69241782121
Old 21st August 2014, 22:07   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If I ever see Rudra Sen in the flesh, I will sock him in the eye!
On my next visit to Bangalore I'll ensure we meet for sure, so that you can fulfill your desire.
Quote:
For he is entirely responsible for my misery.
Two mistakes were there from your side -

1. You should have checked (to know what it takes) with me before getting charged up after reading 8759 posts.
After all, I only started that thread, Isn't it?

2. You should have taken a BharatBenz 3123 truck (their fit and finish is way better than others) and started your automobile detailing journey.
After that, any other project would have been a cakewalk.

By the way, long back I went ahead and bought a set of white and silver finish wheels.
White part was matt with superfine texture. Just perfect to attract all the brake dust and making it blackish grey and silver combination.

Below, you can see the car (shot then)..

How exactly did I mange to keep them clean?
Well, I’ll tell you the process some other time. You better recover from your trauma first.

Excellent reading anyway. Just keep it up.

Confessions of a novice trying to imitate a Detailer!-op1.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st August 2014 at 22:09.
Rudra Sen is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 22:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Rudra Sir, After 3 pages of eagerness and curiousness among all of us, finally you have replied. Sir, I for one really like your Optra since I have owned one too and sold it last year. Even my car receives a lot of detailing using various products ranging from 3M to Meguiar's. But, one of my query to you is that, how can the gloss/ shine be retained on a re-painted surface? This is something that has been haunting me and I have been hunting for a probable solution for it.

Thanks

Akash

Most Viewed