Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2014, 15:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad experience at Amigos Automated Car Wash, Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
In my opinion, there are two possibilities. The person who cleaned the interior was so carless in his cleaning activity and broke the vents and he didn't even notice that. But chances of this happening is very rare because unless until someone put their finger inside the vent and try to rub it hard it will not break. If this happens the person will definitely come to know about that.

Later I called up Skoda service centre and checked the price for 3 AC vents. Its Rs. 3000 + fixing charges. I am planning to fix it along with the 45K service.
Flimsy AC vents is apparently an issue with Vento/Rapid. Check out the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...alignment.html

Sorry about your ordeal but since you have a car with a flimsy AC vent, I would give a little benefit of doubt to the guy at the car wash since the vents in your car could break with the same force that most other cars can withstand. May be he never noticed it, especially if it was a little dark inside the car.
Old 26th October 2014, 19:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Sorry about your ordeal but since you have a car with a flimsy AC vent, I would give a little benefit of doubt to the guy at the car wash since the vents in your car could break with the same force that most other cars can withstand. May be he never noticed it, especially if it was a little dark inside the car.
1) This is probably not the first Rapid/Vento A/C vent this guy has dealt with to realize the flimsiness and apply no care. From the thread, we can see that the OP's is not the only car with broken vents from the same center.

2) So many Rapid/Ventos have been serviced in so many other service centers (people who care) without breaking vents.
Old 26th October 2014, 20:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
1) This is probably not the first Rapid/Vento A/C vent this guy has dealt with to realize the flimsiness and apply no care. From the thread, we can see that the OP's is not the only car with broken vents from the same center.

2) So many Rapid/Ventos have been serviced in so many other service centers (people who care) without breaking vents.
I don't see any other instance of broken vents from the same service station in this thread other than lal79. Can you please point me to the post that mention the same?

The other instances I see on this thread are from Chennai, Delhi and Bangalore - not at the same service center. That makes me believe it is more an issue with VW/Skoda's quality than the guys at the service centers across India. As you rightly said, there are at least 4 service stations across India where people don't care enough!

These guys do it for a living and are not necessarily car enthusiasts. They just think of cars as "small car", "big car" etc because of the different rates for washing each. They may not remember which cars have these flimsy vents. Washing at the authorized service station is a different matter. There, they know that every car they clean has this problem and hence they have to be more careful.

I see jkdas losing some change that he kept in the car from the same service center but I wouldn't mix the lack of honesty of these employees with broken vents since he would have lost that money in majority of the situations we encounter where some staff came across a bundle of notes with no one watching - be it in an authorized service station or even in case of a restaurant where you left it on the table and went to wash your hands.
Old 26th October 2014, 20:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't see any other instance of broken vents from the same service station in this thread other than lal79. Can you please point me to the post that mention the same?
There is one mention of a BMW with broken vents. Are BMW vents easily breakable too, I do not know? And JK's incident confirms the attitude these guys do not care much for the customer. My Vento has been to 3 different centers and back without breaking the vents. I agree that the vents are breakable if not handled carefully, but sorry, I cannot 'give a little benefit of doubt to the guy at the car wash' with repeated offenses.
Old 27th October 2014, 13:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:

The other instances I see on this thread are from Chennai, Delhi and Bangalore - not at the same service center. That makes me believe it is more an issue with VW/Skoda's quality than the guys at the service centers across India. As you rightly said, there are at least 4 service stations across India where people don't care enough!

These guys do it for a living and are not necessarily car enthusiasts. They just think of cars as "small car", "big car" etc because of the different rates for washing each. They may not remember which cars have these flimsy vents. Washing at the authorized service station is a different matter. There, they know that every car they clean has this problem and hence they have to be more careful.

I see jkdas losing some change that he kept in the car from the same service center but I wouldn't mix the lack of honesty of these employees with broken vents since he would have lost that money in majority of the situations we encounter where some staff came across a bundle of notes with no one watching - be it in an authorized service station or even in case of a restaurant where you left it on the table and went to wash your hands.
I am aware that the AC vents in Rapid/Vento are flimsy. I am using this car for the past 2 years. During this ownership period I have cleaned the interiors myself and used services from 3M & Car Cares several time. But nobody was so carless to break those AC vents. One has to be so careless and casual to break 3 of them unknowingly.

As I mentioned in my initial post, they have managed to break AC vents in a BMW in the past. I got this information from my friend and I have not checked with the BMW owner personally for the accuracy of information.
Old 27th October 2014, 14:56   #21
Team-BHP Support

Do see this post onwards : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3484742

cya
R
Old 28th October 2014, 23:23   #22
BHPian

Now that this issue is raised here.. I thought it may help if I include my experience too.

I did have an incident with the same car wash guys and that too just within the initial few weeks of buying my current car. While I usually clean my car myself, on this occasion I wanted the interiors cleaned better and hence decided to try this service station as they seemed better equipped.

The car was left with these guys in the morning and when I returned to pick up the car, the boys sheepishly informed me that they had managed to break something ( perhaps few bits slightly bit more costlier).

While I wouldnt want to get into the details but my experience:

* They informed me of their mistake before i could find out (I would have anyway eventually since do you miss a cracked part?).

* The owner was forthcoming and polite and admitted their mistake though I was frustrated especially with my 3 month old car damaged.

* While they initially requested me to claim insurance (and pay the difference), since I was not keen on it, they were open to the idea of paying the full amount for the repairs.

* They came with me to the VW showroom to get the damage assessed and also at the delivery time to pay the bill directly to VW.

While I am certainly not happy that my car was damaged in the first place, but I must admit that in my case, they managed it quite professionally. Will I go there again for cleaning my car.. well if unavoidable.

Do you want to try speaking with owners directly assuming you are sure that the damage happened during the cleaning process and if you ensured that the damage was reported immediately when you took delivery of the vehicle?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks