Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2014, 15:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage

My company started livelihood RELIEF work in Srinagar and adjacent areas and we were called in as volunteers to carryout the exploration and distribution work of relief material.
The devastation in areas of Gulmarg, Anantnag and some valley areas was beyond our expectations. People have lost entire houses, means of livelihoods (apple farms and carpet looms) and are living in tents provided by Army.

As one steps out of Srinagar airport, first thing that one notices is numbers of Maruti 800's and Innovas. They are everywhere. India's own MINI is extremely popular in Srinagar and is literally used like donkeys and the overwhelming presence of Army.
Apart from houses, the major claims will be in AUTO INSURANCE as batches and batches of new vehicles remained underwater for one good week.
Though photography on city roads was objected by Army, at startegic places, they were lenient in letting me click the auto-dumps:
In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-img_0001.jpg

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-img_0002.jpg

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-img_0004.jpg

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-img_0006.jpg

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-img_0023.jpg

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-img_0024.jpg

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-img_0026.jpg

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-img_0016.jpg

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-img_0018.jpg

In pictures, Kashmir flood damage-imag0523.jpg

I have photos of devastated areas but they belong to my company, hence not posting.

Raab rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 20th October 2014 at 15:43.
Old 21st October 2014, 09:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: In pictures, Kashmir flood damage

Question is do normal policies issued and brought by majority of us include flood damage? I do remember, long time back, hail storm damage was denied as our "comprehensive" policy did not cover storms, earth quakes and such natural calamities.
Old 21st October 2014, 10:38   #3
BHPian

re: In pictures, Kashmir flood damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Question is do normal policies issued and brought by majority of us include flood damage? I do remember, long time back, hail storm damage was denied as our "comprehensive" policy did not cover storms, earth quakes and such natural calamities.
All these are termed "Act of God" and are not covered under the normal insurance policies. That said, I am pretty sure there is a way to add an extra clause to cover damages due to "Act of God" by paying extra. It is similar to the Zero Depreciation clause.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks