Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Wot car do u prefer?? - Used or New??
Used 9 29.03%
New 21 67.74%
Dunt give a damn! 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2004, 19:23   #16
BHPian

I have never bought a new car ever.. and dont plan on doing so unless i win the lottery or something.

Yes, the Maruti True Value places are a little over the top, but if you look around a bit getting a well maintained car in great condition for a good price isnt so hard. And with the amount you save over a new one you can do whatever mods to the car u want. Also.. the amount you save over a new car can be used for the fuel and its like getting a car and fuel free for a couple of years for the price of a new one.

Also.. The run-in period is so aggravating... Thankfully someone else would have done that when u get a used car.

And of course.. when you buy a car second hand you can almost manage to get a car in a segment higher or atleast a higher version of the car you were planning on buying.

So buying first hand makes almost no sense to me at all. Its used cars all the way.
Old 9th November 2004, 21:26   #17
BHPian

like GTO said, if model's not avlbl anymore, it will have to be used. my fav car ever is the porsche 356b roadster from the 60's.

but theres no other feeling which compares to going to the showroom and picking up a brand spanking new car (or bike for that matter)! its just fan-bloody-tastic!
Old 9th November 2004, 21:55   #18
BHPian

I have chosen new because its absolutely senseless to buy a certified used car in bangalore. Its ridiculously priced. My friend bought a used zen 1999 lx this sunday from the maruti true-value mela for 2.4 lakhs!!!! I saw a 2001 baleno in the same mela for 6 lakhs!!

But i guess you can get better deals in other cities.
used car can be bought for mods and if the model has been discontinued.
Also i guess if your heart is set on a particular car and you cant afford a new one and you are getting a decent bargain, it does make sense to go for a pre-owned one.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:33   #19
BHPian

i have voted for new. But circumstances also can play its part! Like if I could get a scantly used car(like CRV, Accord V6) for tempting money. Definitely I would stick to Japanese cars in that case(reliability reasons)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks