Team-BHP - Should I advertise in Auto India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Should I advertise in Auto India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/15888-should-i-advertise-auto-india.html)

Auto-India now claims to have a certified print order of 78000 copies a minth.

My question is: What is your opinions of the magazine. Should JBL advertise in it? I mean is it worth our money? Please note, that i will be making this decision based on your inputs, thanks.

Quote:

They had a promotion with HSBC credit cards last month. Make purchases worth Rs.1,000 with the card and you get a free years subscription to the mag. I got my first issue of it this month. I guess a lot of other card users must have got theirs as well, as almost everyone would spend a 1000 bucks on their card in a month!

Quote:

My question is: What is your opinions of the magazine. Should JBL advertise in it? I mean is it worth our money? Please note, that i will be making this decision based on your inputs, thanks.
Frankly, no. I have never bought or read Auto-India for atleast 5 years. No-one I know reads that magazine. I guess it has to have some readership for it to stay in existence, but honestly, there is nothing worth reading in the mag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
They had a promotion with HSBC credit cards last month. Make purchases worth Rs.1,000 with the card and you get a free years subscription to the mag. I.

I was wondering what did I do !!!! Only thing I read Auto India are the classifieds which have some good vintage cars.

Sam- understand the readers - true spenders go for the glossy staff (we are fickle) CAR, TG, ACI

im positive that the true enthusiasts will never refer auto india to anyone...its too much of a text book for no brainers...and yes, the classifieds are the only interesting bit!!!

Yes, one of the main pushing points of the guys, is that they have now an additional 25000 people in India, who will recieve the magazine in their homes. Classic Example is RT.
I understand that the magazine is 2nd rate, compared to the glossies that Ajmat talk about. Neither am I comparing it to Autocar- who we are married to.
I am just wondering, if it's worth taking on the inner back cover, or the outer back cover for JBL.
I was already bending towards a "no" to tell you the truth. But I'm checking opinions of the car lovers here.

Quote:

Yes, one of the main pushing points of the guys, is that they have now an additional 25000 people in India, who will recieve the magazine in their homes.
With that thinking, the back cover (outer) would make sense! Plus I'm guessing their rates would be far cheaper than the other mags?

Just moved all the advertisement posts into a separate thread.

Sam,

Any advertisement that sells is a good advert. After all, that is the eventual aim of most. Consider this:

1. Are you getting a really good price?
2. Is the magazine circulated to your target market? Ask them for stats. They will share it with you.

If you are satisfied, you must take a trial run period from them. If the circulation is indeed 78000, its an opportunity that must not be missed.

In one word - No.

Like the others have mentioned, the regular readers of AutoIndia wouldn't be your target segment. But with the additional 25,000 readers who are HSBC customers, it might be a little different. Assuming the new set of readers are through the HSBC promo, do you want to reach out to 25,000 HSBC customers? If yes, is this the best (cost effective) way to do it? That should help you decide

I would say NO.

Because, for most of the additional subscribers, it was never a intentional purchase, but rather an incidental one. There are chances that many of them wouldn't have read a auto magazine all their life, let alone Auto India.

In all likelihood, many of the additional 25000 copies may never come out of its cover and may lie gathering dust for months unopened.

Assuming that 20% of the subscribers read the magazine, the effective increase would be 5000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
Because, for most of the additional subscribers, it was never a intentional purchase, but rather an incidental one. There are chances that many of them wouldn't have read a auto magazine all their life, let alone Auto India.

Exactly, might be worth an ad on the back cover which will be seen as soon as they chuck it in the bin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

Auto India used to be the leader when Hormazd was there. This was more than 7 years ago and before Hormazd joined Autocar India. Since then Auto India has really remained a waste of natural resources like paper.

The clear choice for reach and mindshare would be Autocar India.

the back page is the best place to give a ad , but choose the magzine wisely...

I think a Paid article would be better than an advertisement. Autocar carries Sony Xplod articles on Car audio/amplification/in car video etc ... something similar for speakers, amps and wiring could be done, while talking bout the products in between.

Well Sam I have been refraining from posting on this but let me give you my honest opinion to not advertise on AI. AI has lost the charm & I say that despite the fact that the editor RM is a good friend of mine.

I think your money would be better spent on other marketing fronts including some other Indian magazines.